Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Point multipliers were reintroduced to the store, being consumables that when activated, will give everybody in the corresponding gamemode an hour of double points.

For reference, the current prices are:
Arcade - £4.99 (on sale from £14.99)
Eggwars - £14.99
Skywars - £12.99
Lucky Islands - £12.99
Tower Defence - £9.99
Ultra Hardcore - £9.99
Blockwars - £9.99
Minerware - £9.99
PvP - £12.99
Survival Games - £6.49 (on sale from £9.99)

These prices, despite having been reduced, are not okay. They were about £6 or so last year, and people still rarely bought them. It doesn't make any sense that the most expensive multiplier is Eggwars, when there's a distinct possibility that the first game you join will outlast your multiplier. The same could be said for Skywars, Ultra Hardcore, and Tower Defence. These games all take a very long time to conclude, meaning that for your £9.99-£14.99, you're getting at most, only a couple hundred points. The deal needs to be sweetened if anybody is ever to look at these prices without feeling insulted. Here is what I have in mind:

Game: Arcade
Perk: Double points for three hours, and the user gets access to all Arcade vote options for its duration
Cost: £8.99

Game: Eggwars
Perk: Double points for six hours, and the user gets access to all Eggwars vote options for its duration
Cost: £11.99

Game: Skywars
Perk: Double points for three hours, and the user gets access to all Skywars vote options for its duration

Game: Lucky Islands
Perk: Double points for three hours, and the user gets access to all Lucky Islands vote options (coming soonTM) for its duration

Game: Tower Defence
Perk: Double points for six hours, and the user gets access to all Tower Defence vote options for its duration (AFTER FIXING THE OBSIDIAN RANK PAY2WIN EXPLOIT)

Game: Ultra Hardcore
Perk: Double points for six hours, and the user gets access to all Ultra Hardcore vote options for its duration

Game: Blockwars
Perk: Double points for three hours, and the user gets access to all Blockwars vote options for its duration

Game: Minerware
Perk: Double points for three hours, and the user gets access to all Minerware vote options for its duration

Game: PvP
Perk: Triple points for three hours, and the user gets access to all PvP vote options for its duration
Cost: £6.99

Game: Survival Games
Perk: Double points for three hours, and the user gets access to all Survival Games vote options for its duration

Game: Global [Triple Points]
Perk: Turns any currently active points multipliers into triple points for three hours (quadruple points for PvP), and adds three hours to their timers - will affect all active multipliers

Game: Global [Cubelet Shower]
Perk: Doubles all cubelet drops for two hours, and makes them more common
Cost: £6.99

The most notable differences, are the price reductions to incentivise people to purchase them, the extended duration to give people more bang for their buck, and the addition of having access to all vote options for the corresponding game. That latter part is pretty significant, since many people would love to be able to try out certain voting options, but cannot afford £100 for a rank and cannot find a ranked player with enough charity to give them what they want. This way, you're literally paying for additional content, rather than paying to be able to work for an extra 200 points or so. And no, this will not devalue ranks in any way, since their vote perks last forever and are for every gamemode.

The global modifiers are also very attractive, allowing players to either farm cubelets at a generous price, or to farm points at a stupidly rapid rate for a larger cost.

Thoughts?
Also, every time I press the 'enter' key, my cursor is redirected to somewhere else in the thread. Just another reminder that the website needs fixing, because these issues have been around for longer than I can remember and are becoming more and more prevalent.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
That would be a lot better than the current system, I personally wouldn't even consider buying one at the moment. The actual points you can get from it are absolutely worthless so it's basically paying 10£ to have your name shown in the teleport menu.

The voting would give it at least some additional value, but only for players that don't have a rank yet. Even then, it would not be worth 9£ to me. I think a price between 2 and 3£ would be reasonable. That's something I would buy just for fun without really thinking about it, comparable to a drink somewhere. For 2£ I could see myself buying those every now and then, but I personally will never buy them for 10£ or 9£ even if the proposed features get added.

Reactions: Sophie
L

Lightning McQueen

I know the prices are really bad rn but its not like I care too much . Doubt anybody was buying these in the first place.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
To think that they were 20 gbp! I really like this idea. Allowing players to vote for the specific game when they buy a multipliers will definitely incentivate more players to buy it despite the price. Though bit useless for players who do already own a higher rank. Not to mention that increasing the time will allow players to enjoy the multipliers even longer.
This idea is simply GENIUS.

Last edited:

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Awesome ideas!

Let me just clear something up, the Multipliers were supposed to be a silent launch yesterday ahead of the sale that was going out tonight. As few people had bought them over the last year I hadn't expected that so many people would notice the new ones going out. As always our main priority is improving what users get for buying a rank and then looking at improving other purchasable items like Multipliers.

One thing that always makes my happy is the number of CubeCrafters that find the smallest thing and tell us ways to improve. We will be improving them in the future and there will be a more long term discount on them after the current sale ;)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Although I do agree that the prices need to be lowered and the abilities need more "pizazz" and all, doesn't this kind of make sense though?
If the mulitpliers are on sale a lot of the time, people will get the mindset that they're getting something for way less although its value could be equal to that of a discounted price. This way, any business could price an item at however high they want and consumers will purchase said product if it's on a large sale compared to its huge price.
Example:
People are more likely to buy a pair of shoes at $50 if the full price was $100 compared to buying the same pair of shoes at $50 without a sale. I'm not too big on business strategies and stuff, so correct me if I'm wrong. (In the example by the way, the quality of the shoes is the same. It's the same pair of shoes)

Reactions: johncoles

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Although I do agree that the prices need to be lowered and the abilities need more "pizazz" and all, doesn't this kind of make sense though?
If the mulitpliers are on sale a lot of the time, people will get the mindset that they're getting something for way less although its value could be equal to that of a discounted price. This way, any business could price an item at however high they want and consumers will purchase said product if it's on a large sale compared to its huge price.
Example:
People are more likely to buy a pair of shoes at $50 if the full price was $100 compared to buying the same pair of shoes at $50 without a sale. I'm not too big on business strategies and stuff, so correct me if I'm wrong. (In the example by the way, the quality of the shoes is the same. It's the same pair of shoes)
No you're pretty right there. If people see a sale price they tend to buy even when they wouldn't normally. I know I do. Oh look 1 chocolate bar for £3.00 or two for £5, well I better buy 2!

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
No you're pretty right there. If people see a sale price they tend to buy even when they wouldn't normally. I know I do. Oh look 1 chocolate bar for £3.00 or two for £5, well I better buy 2!
Noooo Asda!! They get me to buy Doritos because they set the price at £1.99 but two for £2! Even if you don't want Doritos, you know they're gonna remove that offer any day now and you'll have to pay £1.99 for only one pack, so you buy them anyways :(

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Top Bottom