Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this is something I should be concerned about?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

• Maybe I should a little bit

• Not for now at least

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

adamsony

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wherever you get bad ping
Ok, this is a pretty weird thread, but I am kind of concerned and I feel the need to post this, despite the fact I may be over-reacting. The way some players were speaking to me in chat is making me feel slightly uneasy, I only run into these types of players starting at roughly 11:00 PM EST. They claim to not speak English (they use an online translator) and be from countries like Egypt or Costa-Rica. The fact that they say they don’t speak English confuses me because the only way they would be able to understand me then is by using an online translator. The problem with that though, is that they still respond within a few seconds, despite having to manually type my words into the translator. One of them spoke to me in a weird way, they asked for my age (btw is this a normal question on this server) and when I told them he/she said “good boy.” I like to see the best in people and believe that this was just a weird translation, but it just feels kinda weird. A few games after that, they asked me if I had a spare full access MC account. They claimed that they were using a semi full access account. They also had a friend who asked me the same question. I told them no and they were fine with that. I just find it kind of weird that someone would ask for a free MC account. Earlier today I was dueling someone else and they noticed my Obsidian Plus rank and asked if I was a pro. They then noticed I was only lvl 17 and then asked “why Obsidian?” I told them I just got it because I enjoy the server and wanted to support it, but that led to them asking me if I was rich. This felt like I strange question so I just responded “ehhh I guess” but that led to even more personal questions. He/she first asked normal stuff like what computer I used, but then moved on to stranger stuff like how much my car costs (he also asked my age btw). I beat them in a duel and he/she said I just got lucky, then I beat them again. We then had another rematch (all the questions were from the 3rd round after I beat him btw). After I answered all their questions he/she started calling me a “stupid rich guy” and “rich loser.” This person just seems toxic, but I do find it strange that they would want to know how my parents spend their money. They did send me a party invite, but I declined because I didn’t want to absorb more toxicity. Lastly I had one person who seemed pretty normal ask me if I wanted to join their survival server. This seems like a normal question if it weren’t for the fact that you can get IPs that way (just wanted to clarify that even though my signature says “message me if you want to join my SMP” it’s hosted on realms so I cannot see or get your IP). I think this person didn’t have any malicious intentions, so that’s why I’m posting this one last. The server address they sent me didn’t work anyway, and I turned on my VPN just to make sure in case I were able to join that they couldn’t get my IP. So yeah, that was my ramble on my concern. I honestly hope I’m over-reacting for the sake of this server. I do have pictures of some of the chat messages and will post them if a staff member request. I will only give the names of the players to staff as well.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
You should definitely be careful with these kind of people. I personally wouldn't answer any of these questions they asked to strangers who behave weirdly and especially not join their server. Just ignore these people when it happens again, it's for the best.

Did this all happen on the in-game server? If so, you would have been able to capture evidence of them inviting you to another server and asking for the account. By doing so, you could have reported them here for scamming/phishing.

You're not overreacting at all.

Reactions: adamsony

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
"And be from countries like egypt or costa rica'
can i just point out that these countries are 8 hours apart
And at 11pm EST in egypt it would be 6am
And for costa rica it would be only an hour behind.

Im saying this bc im a nerd.

Reactions: adamsony

adamsony

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wherever you get bad ping
You should definitely be careful with these kind of people. I personally wouldn't answer any of these questions they asked to strangers who behave weirdly and especially not join their server. Just ignore these people when it happens again, it's for the best.

Did this all happen on the in-game server? If so, you would have been able to capture evidence of them inviting you to another server and asking for the account. By doing so, you could have reported them here for scamming/phishing.

You're not overreacting at all.
Yeah, all this happened in the in game server and I do have some photos of them asking these questions. I may report them later today.

Reactions: Hoshi
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Goodnight everyone <3
Tommy Boi wrote on libraryaddict's profile.
Do you still work here?
I changed my profile pic…
It’s pool time! 🌊
Daily question no 14, what is your favourite soft drink?
Top Bottom