Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Hello!
I am a small Minecraft YouTuber who has recently started to do commentary videos on cubecraft! I’m going through the game modes and giving my reviews. I’ve now reached skyblock and since I’m not very familiar with the game (just about finished island 3) and have decided to try and get a “pro’s” perspective.

Now I understand that you may not be fully done the game but it would still be great if you could answer some of my questions.

What’s your opinion on pre-nether content and the games pacing?

Opinion on post/side game content (side quests)

When does the game get ridiculously grinds as to where most people would slowly lose interest?

Do you wish the skyblock hub had more things or are you satisfied with it?

How’s the co-op experience?

What big changes would you make if you made the game?

How many hours (approximately) have you played skyblock for and how close are you to fully completing the game?

What did cubecraft skyblock in particular have that kept you interested?

Do you know if cubecraft skyblock doesn’t have a lot of items in vanilla Minecraft such as trapdoors because they would cause problems in the game or is the game just updated to a certain version with a few item removals?

Do you wish cubecraft skyblock incorporated building houses and stuff in some way? Because I sure do

What should newcomers know before starting cubecraft skyblock?

Opinion on skyblock rank?

Any final important thoughts should I include for the video?

Answer as many of these questions as you like because anything helps. Stay safe!

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance Member
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I loved doing side quests, whenever you're waiting on trees to grow, you can always complete these. Most of the time they are very underrewarding, looking at the later on collect 10 thousand dark oak quests etc.

When does the game get ridiculously grinds as to where most people would slowly lose interest?
I would say reaching island 7, when you have unlocked island 7 the trees start to grow a ton and most of the quests require you to wait. And if this doesn't make you lose interest, you possibly will on island 8 or when doing nether quests. The nether quests are very grindy, so be warned.

The only thing i would add is parkour, for the rest its perfect.

I absolutely love it, I don't think I would still be here talking in this chat if it wasn't for them. When skyblock came out i played it for a week or two and reached island 8 (second to last island). It got grindy so I quit, then 2 months later, I noticed that some of my friends started playing again. So i joined them, enjoyed playing with them. Learned to love the game and live with its flaws.

I would have added a way to switch dimensions, this way you don't need to go thru the hub. I would balance the boosting mechanism more using a formula instead of guessing what would seem a good fit.

How many hours (approximately) have you played skyblock for and how close are you to fully completing the game?
I have completed the game on Java, having over 80days played, I now switched over to bedrock and have already accumalted 10 days over there.

I am a person that you won't see doing pvp all day, I like doing repetitive things etc. I might also be because skyblock brings people together, yes you can hop into a discord call and play eggwars together, but you won't be having any deep conversions. This is different on skyblock, you will see yourself run around the island a lot while in a call, having actual conversations that may not even be related to minecraft. Getting to actually know your friends.

Do you know if cubecraft skyblock doesn’t have a lot of items in vanilla Minecraft such as trapdoors because they would cause problems in the game or is the game just updated to a certain version with a few item removals?
I don't fully understand your question. The servers are run on the 1.10 version and it would be difficult to add blocks that were added after this version. Thats why there is only one trapdoor, there aren't piglins etc.

Do you wish cubecraft skyblock incorporated building houses and stuff in some way?
No, skyblock is different from any other server. It gives the player a lot of space to create buildings of his own. No need for some prebuild fletcher, this would only be in the way I feel.

It is a grind, if you want to unlock iron you would already have to spend hours to spend hours in the game.
Make a co-op profile once you have unlocked the second island, I hate seeing people get so far with a beatiful island not being able to show others because they never bothered to switch over to a co-op.

The only really useful perks are the boost and the extra profile slots. So I would recommend buying it if you want to play with multiple people at a time, or if you play the game a lot. If you only have a look at your island every 4 days I would not buy it.

No not really other than the fact to tell your viewers to PRESS THAT LIKE BUTTON

Last edited:

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
I loved doing side quests, whenever you're waiting on trees to grow, you can always complete these. Most of the time they are very underrewarding, looking at the later on collect 10 thousand dark oak quests etc.

I would say reaching island 7, when you have unlocked island 7 the trees start to grow a ton and most of the quests require you to wait. And if this doesn't make you lose interest, you possibly will on island 8 or when doing nether quests. The nether quests are very grindy, so be warned.

I absolutely love it, I don't think I would still be here talking in this chat if it wasn't for them. When skyblock came out i played it for a week or two and reached island 8 (second to last island). It got grindy so I quit, then 2 months later, I noticed that some of my friends started playing again. So i joined them, enjoyed playing with them. Learned to love the game and live with its flaws.

I would have added a way to switch dimensions, this way you don't need to go thru the hub. I would balance the boosting mechanism more using a formula instead of guessing what would seem a good fit.

I have completed the game on Java, having over 80days played, I now switched over to bedrock and have already accumalted 10 days over there.

I am a person that you won't see doing pvp all day, I like doing repetitive things etc. I might also be because skyblock brings people together, yes you can hop into a discord call and play eggwars together, but you won't be having any deep conversions. This is different on skyblock, you will see yourself run around the island a lot while in a call, having actual conversations that may not even be related to minecraft. Getting to actually know your friends.

I don't fully understand your question. The servers are run on the 1.10 version and it would be difficult to add blocks that were added after this version. Thats why there is only one trapdoor, there aren't piglins etc.

Do you wish cubecraft skyblock incorporated building houses and stuff in some way?
No, skyblock is different from any other server. It gives the player a lot of space to create buildings of his own. No need for some prebuild fletcher, this would only be in the way I feel.

It is a grind, if you want to unlock iron you would already have to spend hours to spend hours in the game.
Make a co-op profile once you have unlocked the second island, I hate seeing people get so far with a beatiful island not being able to show other because they never bother to switch over to a co-op.

The only really useful perks are the boost and the extra profile slots. So I would recommend buying it if you want to play with multiple people at a time, or if you play the game a lot. If you only have a look at your island every 4 days I would not buy it.

No not really other than the fact to tell your viewers to PRESS THAT LIKE BUTTON
Thanks for all the Amazing feedback! I am however somewhat confused on how to multiplayer system works. Are you unable to change an island to multiplayer from singleplayer? And what are the differences between solo and multiplayer?

You say you completed the game in 80 days. Are these Minecraft days because I thought it would take way more.

Since you also play java do you have any experience with hypixel skyblock? If so could you please tell me on a scale of 1-10 how much of cubecraft skyblock is copied from hypixel?

Finally. Does the game still get updated often with new content. I see cubecraft tweeting about new furniture on Twitter but that’s about it :/

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance Member
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for all the Amazing feedback! I am however somewhat confused on how to multiplayer system works. Are you unable to change an island to multiplayer from singleplayer? And what are the differences between solo and multiplayer?

You say you completed the game in 80 days. Are these Minecraft days because I thought it would take way more.

Since you also play java do you have any experience with hypixel skyblock? If so could you please tell me on a scale of 1-10 how much of cubecraft skyblock is copied from hypixel?

Finally. Does the game still get updated often with new content. I see cubecraft tweeting about new furniture on Twitter but that’s about it :/
Yes, you can’t change your solo island into a co-op. If you would like to play with others you’d have to start over again.

The game can be completed way under 80 in game days, possibly 15 in game days if you play efficiently.

I would say 1, skyblock was a feature a long time ago until it got removed. I didn’t play back then but I believe it is not that different from what it is right now.
With that being said Cubecraft skyblock preëxistent, even if it came afterwards the gameplay is totally different. Cubecraft is a lot more relaxing. It doesn’t have leaderboards collections no real competition. It’s just you going in your own past and just enjoying the game with others.

Lastly, no it doesn’t get a lot of updates even tho it is one of the more loved game modes (especially in bedrock).

lol7425 is not here

Novice Member
Mar 21, 2020
you have a much better experience playing music in skyblock(trust me i tried it out, and it made grinding fun for once)

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
What I'd say is if you work for about 6 days NON-STOP, you should get from island 8 to 9. Island 8 is pretty chill so I don't mind island 8 just island 9 made me stop playing for longer periods of time. It gets way too grindy and I think you should mention that to your viewers. Sorry if this is a bit late.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
What I'd say is if you work for about 6 days NON-STOP, you should get from island 8 to 9. Island 8 is pretty chill so I don't mind island 8 just island 9 made me stop playing for longer periods of time. It gets way too grindy and I think you should mention that to your viewers. Sorry if this is a bit late
So I want a approximate. If you start a solo game normally without any background knowledge. How long will it take to beat the game in hours both excluding and including the nether. This is not including side quests of course.

Now I wanna know how long if you knew exactly what you were doing and the optimal stats. Finally for a 100% completion from an average person. How long do you reckon?

D

Deleted member 489420

I would also love to see some trading or even community pvp or events implemented, except coop theres not much of community stuff going on in skyblock
I would balance the boosting mechanism more using a formula instead of guessing what would seem a good fit.
tbh not sure what do u mean
yes you can hop into a discord call and play eggwars together, but you won't be having any deep conversions.
thats completely not true -_-
No[..]
i would love to see the place where u can build much bigger like 500x500 (after completing overworld 750x750 after completing both overworld and nether and 1kx1k after completing full skyblock
guys make coop even if u want to play solo MAKE COOP

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance Member
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
danngg
-_-
i would love to see the place where u can build much bigger like 500x500 (after completing overworld 750x750 after completing both overworld and nether and 1kx1k after completing full skyblock
Yea, I'd like to see that as well. But no prebuild buildings that you need to advance like on other servers.
tbh not sure what do u mean
It's fairly easy to have a constant/semi constant supply of reqource to boost the generators. Trees however are harder, dark oak takes 4 days to grow and only boosts 6 hours meaning you'd need to have 8x16 spalings for a contstant boost. While for diamonds this is only 2x16 diamonds. A lot less, keep in mind, spalings are harder to gather. you would only get 2 or 3 extra spalings (since you would need to place 4 back for dark oak to regrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom