Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
The Issue
Cubecraft have relatively recently added a new UI, which a lot of people don't like. Not only does it make the UI stuck to a certain colour theme that doesn't match well with external texture packs, but it does not support transparent back grounds for the UI (In the eggwars shop or voting menus), making you practically blind when you are in the shop other than a bit on the sides and top of the screen. Aesthetic issues are not the only issue with the UI. It is impractical for controller players. When you open the UI, in some menus you don't have an option auto selected for you, therefore, you need to make a button input in order to start selecting which option you are selecting in the UI. For example, if you were to buy blocks in eggwars, instead of just spamming buy like you could before on eggwars, you need to click down on the dpad once or move down one spot with the left stick stick in order to select JUST the top box, which makes it far slower for controller players to use the shop. Mobiles and Keyboard and Mouse players can just click on the option on their screen and don't have to aim, so this issue does not apply to them. The menus are slower and laggier than they used to and are also quite intimidating to navigate with so many options being shoved in your face when you click on an NPC to join a game. It is so bad that people have made custom texture packs to bring back Cubecraft Old UI specifically so people can enjoy the old menus again, however because there are so many new options and icons, it is quite buggy and some options like map selection end up quite far down in the menus which makes the old UI pack quite inconvenient. It would be more functional and more aesthetic for them to bring back old UI. Of course, they had (I presume at least) many people work hard on this UI, so this is not something Cubecraft staff would agree to, So I think I've found the perfect solution.

The Solution
In the competitive community it has been brought up quite a few times, but implementing a setting like nethergames has to switch between pocket UI and chest UI for bedwars shops would work really well. This is how you would switch between UI on nethergames.
Nethergames Options Example
I think putting a similar option in the "Settings" section of the Social Menu in the lobby would work really well. It could easily fit in with options such as enabling/disabling scoreboard as seen in the screenshot below.
Screenshot (195).png

I don't see why anyone would appose this idea as it shouldn't be too hard to implement and people on both sides get the best option for them. If you have any ideas to add on to this or questions about my explanations of things, leave a reply :)

D

Deleted member 486292

> The menus are slower and laggier than they used to

the #1 reason for me. Its too slow. +1

Reactions: Goodlucksil
Dec 10, 2021
Thank you SO FREAKING MUCH RAISIN!!!! I WISH THEY WOULD LISTEN TO YOU!!! I literally stopped grining eggwars because of this. I would toggle it off IMMEDIAYELY. I SERIOUSLY hope they will change it soon.

Reactions: RaisinForABrain
Dec 10, 2021
Thank you SO FREAKING MUCH RAISIN!!!! I WISH THEY WOULD LISTEN TO YOU!!! I literally stopped grining eggwars because of this. I would toggle it off IMMEDIAYELY. I SERIOUSLY hope they will change it soon.
Thx for reacting raisin! You seem kind of like a hero to me because of your wickedly fast eggwars speedruns! But seriously, what else can we do to get them to listen? There are so many posts about the ui issue and barely anything has been done to fix them. Is it time? To switch... to the HIVE?!?!?!?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
Top Bottom