Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TeamkillerYT_CG

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2016
So to be plain and simple the north American/Canada area people have a struggle playing on cubecraft. This is due to high ping 150+ which makes many player not want to play ob the server. This is not due to bad internet either, its simply due to a host being far away. My pal ThePigGang plays with an average of 140 ping and he has 1G fiber optic internet and on top of that he was recently banned for supposedly having "reach" (the ban was removed for being proven to be false) he was in FFA just having fun fighting a player named Lxweest who averages around 25 ping if I remember correctly (I use labymod and keep an eye on peoples ping don't judge me xD) due to this massive ping difference PigGang was able to reach him a couple time due to an error in the systems pinging when he actually shouldn't have been able to on Lxweests screen but on Pigs it was completely opposite. So to that I suggest taking some income and invest into a NW America host to better improve the player bases experience not only for those of us who lag but also eliminate the struggle players with good ping have to deal with which is known as "Lagger Reach".

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
This is far more easier said than done. You’re now just assuming that CCG has a lot more income than expenses and can easily host from the US too. Our playerbase is mostly Europe and barely the US. Right now, if possible, i’d rather have them spending more money on finding a developer for our Anti-Cheat than expanding.

TeamkillerYT_CG

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2016
This is far more easier said than done. You’re now just assuming that CCG has a lot more income than expenses and can easily host from the US too. Our playerbase is mostly Europe and barely the US. Right now, if possible, i’d rather have them spending more money on finding a developer for our Anti-Cheat than expanding.
Never said it was easy, and is that so? Do you guys have a graph that maps out they playerbases regions? Also I think you replied a lil aggressively to this ASSUMING I was assuming the server has more income than expenses. I was fairly confident that the server could potentially nearly be capped at how much it can afford to spend. However that doesn't prevent a simple suggestion to bring light to this issue that DOES affect a good portion of the community to volunteer your time for. Considering people are getting false bans to it I'd say its almost as serious of an issue as the dev for the anti cheat being needed. As for if its easy for the server to host from the US that I truly do not know and I completely agree that this is easier said than done. Thank you for your insight on this suggestion! However try to approach someone suggestion with a lil more kindness. :)

Last edited:

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
She wasn’t aggressive with answering the question, she was just telling you exactly how it is. The truth can sound harsh no matter how you put it, and with the way you introduced the topic it wasn’t that hard to make the mistake to assume that’s what you said.

Anyways as an American I completely agree with you. I seem to be completely fine with my ping of 150-200ms to some extent, but others with much better ping (Europeans) are completely appalled by it and when fighting me in a duel or something similar they’ll leave the game or kill themselves and blame me for my “terrible” ping because fighting me is apparently so unbearable even though I’m the one with the disadvantage. Why even blame me for something I can’t control because of where I am in the world. If I could lower my ping I would.

Okay little rant over. I agree 100% with you but it’s just not something Cubecraft can do right now especially during current events where more and more people are using the internet all around the world. This right here is going to cause additional problems that even a American Host may struggle with. This is most certainly a problem but not a main concern as of now. Despite what I’m going through I agree with @Marieke2001 Sentinel definitely needs some attention and currently is a much bigger concern than hosting from the US and I’m just fine with that for now.

TeamkillerYT_CG

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2016
She wasn’t aggressive with answering the question, she was just telling you exactly how it is. The truth can sound harsh no matter how you put it, and with the way you introduced the topic it wasn’t that hard to make the mistake to assume that’s what you said.

Anyways as an American I completely agree with you. I seem to be completely fine with my ping of 150-200ms to some extent, but others with much better ping (Europeans) are completely appalled by it and when fighting me in a duel or something similar they’ll leave the game or kill themselves and blame me for my “terrible” ping because fighting me is apparently so unbearable even though I’m the one with the disadvantage. Why even blame me for something I can’t control because of where I am in the world. If I could lower my ping I would.

Okay little rant over. I agree 100% with you but it’s just not something Cubecraft can do right now especially during current events where more and more people are using the internet all around the world. This right here is going to cause additional problems that even a American Host may struggle with. This is most certainly a problem but not a main concern as of now. Despite what I’m going through I agree with @Marieke2001 Sentinel definitely needs some attention and currently is a much bigger concern than hosting from the US and I’m just fine with that for now.

I agree with you on the aspect that sentinel is a bigger issue right now like I agreed with the previous commenter. Personally I have several developer friends so I've asked them if they want to apply for this position to try and help the community so HOPEFULLY they are willing to and the staff team views their applications as acceptable.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom