Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see that Normal chests are more balanced?

• Total voters

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Hello!

So this thread is going to be about Normal SkyWars. I see a really lot of people complain about the Normal chest items because it's not balanced. I agree it's not balanced. I really like to play Normal mode because it's much stronger than Basic and in my opinion you have better fights. So, every party I've been it's always Basic which annoys me. Don't really like Basic because the items suck. People like Normal if the items are more balanced.

Two stories I've been through with unbalanced items:

1. I rushed to mid, I had Iron chestplate, helmet, boots and just a stupid stone sword from my kit, like seriously. I would've have could the same. So I went to mid. 0 golden apples there, 0 diamond gear, 0 good swords. The best sword I met there was the Golden sword with sharp 1 and Fire Aspect 1 so yeah... So I don't know what to do. Later on, I killed a couple people into the void with also bad gear. SOMEONE WITH FULL DIA, A GOOD SWORD AND 1000 GOLDEN APPLES RUSHED TO MID AND KILLED ME. HOW IS THAT FAIR!? Like, on mid it's really normal to get good stuff what experienced people do. That guy was experienced too but never went to mid. So, is that balanced?

2. I opened my chests, 1 golden sword with sharp 2, iron helmet, iron leggins and iron boots, yeah for real, not even golden apples or steak. I died instantly, I had a bow though but that doesn't really matter, a bow doesn't make you win instantly. You need an axe or a sword atleast.

So my idea: If everyone wants that Normal is better. Make it better imo. I can't begin with story 2. For people with gear in story 2, they deserve a golden apple & a diamond sword. People with full iron armour only get a golden sword or stone sword. For story 1, it's okay when you get diamond stuff out of a chest. So your sword has NOT to be good than. Maybe a good require, an iron sword. Also, when you fight with people, make it balanced. So if you have dia leggs and a iron helmet and boots with an Iron Sword. I think the opponents deserve better armour with a bad sword. Or bad armour with a good sword. And for mid, it has to be more strong than normal islands so people will go to mid and the fights between people on other islands are more fair. So it's fair for the whole game. Hope you understand my frustration and other people their frustration but I see a lot of people complain about this. Ask HackersDontWin!

Thanks for reading and stay safe! 😀

Reactions: Vindicatør

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I don't think normal mode should be made a lot stronger, but I agree with balancing it. In my opinions the golden swords need to be removed or upgraded to sharpness 2. Also there should be a 100% chance of recieving every piece of armor in the chests on your spawn island, just like it is in basic and OP already. It happens a lot that I don't find a chestplate and I spend half of the game finding one, which is really annoying as the chestplate is the strongest armour piece. I have never understood why this is not the case yet and it has been the reason why I voted basic for a long time.

I also have one complaint for overpowered chests in 1.9+. Currently the chance of finding food is very low, which means you will often find only a few apples in the chests on your spawn island. This should be changed; the chance of finding steak and golden apples should be increased in my opinion. I guess it is this way to make the games go a bit quicker, but it doesn't fit overpowered in my opinion.

Would love to see those things added in the upcoming SkyWars update, furthermore I think the chest items are balanced.

Reactions: Zathelas

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
Maybe about the guy who had full diamond, maybe he mined every diamond ore he could find, or there were diamond blocks in the map? Idk, maybe they should remove diamond blocks for the maps, or reduce the amount of diamond ores? Maybe he didn’t go to mid and you didn’t notice. Yeah, I am not much of a SkyWars player, but you’re thread seems reasonable to me.

Reactions: ForGiveQueen

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
There was a community talk about this stuff the other day and I believe one of the admins brought up that they were going to try to balance spawn island loot. The idea that was tossed around was to intentionally generate substantial armor and weapons in the 2-3 chests you get, with the relative strength of the gear being relatively equal for everyone. Currently there is a system like this, but it is not as balanced as a lot of people would like it to be.

There have been changes recently made to reduce the amount of diamonds people can mine, but the other changes proposed in the discussion may not take effect for a few weeks.

As for mid chests, that's pretty much down to luck. There's no shame in waiting for a chest refill to get better gear, however.

Reactions: Zathelas

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I don't think normal mode should be made a lot stronger,
Never said it had to be stronger, only for people who have more gear that they deserve a bad sword.
Maybe about the guy who had full diamond, maybe he mined every diamond ore he could find, or there were diamond blocks in the map? Idk, maybe they should remove diamond blocks for the maps, or reduce the amount of diamond ores? Maybe he didn’t go to mid and you didn’t notice. Yeah, I am not much of a SkyWars player, but you’re thread seems reasonable to me.
No, it was at the map End, in the map End, you don't have diamonds to mine and it was a good player who know what the tactics are.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I disagree. I have played skywars for a long time and I have found no issues with normal items, it seems to me if you get bad armor you get a good sword and if you get good armor you get a bad sword. There isn't much unbalancing.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I disagree. I have played skywars for a long time and I have found no issues with normal items, it seems to me if you get bad armor you get a good sword and if you get good armor you get a bad sword. There isn't much unbalancing.
I bet that it will annoy if you play it a lot. If you read my stories and if the same thing to you happened I think you will think different about that.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Trust me I have played enough skywars to have my own opinion on it, and though it's not my favorite gamemode I think it's perfectly balanced.
Ok, I'll show you ok
My gear on the beginning:
2020-12-22_11.47.59.png

His gear on the beginning:
2020-12-22_11.48.20.png

So me with a golden sword and stupid gear, not even golden apples, and he ate a gapple with really good armour and a iron sword with sharp atleast 1, yes man, pretty balanced.

And no, he didn't loot the mid chests, he killed someone before and he slayed him in the void. So tell me it's balanced.

And I don't think you played enough SkyWars to say this because look at the photo's. I don't wanna flex but I already have 6k wins and know the items really well.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Ok, I'll show you ok
My gear on the beginning:
View attachment 183009
His gear on the beginning:
View attachment 183010
So me with a golden sword and stupid gear, not even golden apples, and he ate a gapple with really good armour and a iron sword with sharp atleast 1, yes man, pretty balanced.

And no, he didn't loot the mid chests, he killed someone before and he slayed him in the void. So tell me it's balanced.

And I don't think you played enough SkyWars to say this because look at the photo's. I don't wanna flex but I already have 6k wins and know the items really well.
thats the game, your dependent of the loot you get this is skywars not duels or ffa

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
thats the game, your dependent of the loot you get this is skywars not duels or ffa
I understand, but I try to say how not fair it is. Yes, you don't need to have the same items but atleast make the gear good so the fights are fair. You know you lose if you have bad gear and someone is good. Or you have to be just that good.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
After thinking about it more I feel like there aren't enough diamond pieces in the chests at starter and there are games I kill 3 people and still have full iron and the mid guy has a lot of diamond pieces more diamond pieces in starter island should be good makes rushing better and less people just rush mid get armor and don't actually fight

Zerynn

May 5, 2019
The Netherlands
After thinking about it more I feel like there aren't enough diamond pieces in the chests at starter and there are games I kill 3 people and still have full iron and the mid guy has a lot of diamond pieces more diamond pieces in starter island should be good makes rushing better and less people just rush mid get armor and don't actually fight
Thats what you can see in my screenshots :)

Reactions: Levi_the_pro
Top Bottom