Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

what do you think of the 1.19 update?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
If you have a low-end pc you shouldn't even be playing Minecraft in the first place, it's just not fun at all, especially competitively. And considering the statistics published by the staff team about the versions used to join the server as well as the amount of "competitive" players on 1.12 I can guarantee you that less than 5% of players are affected by this.
Did you even watch this video that I already posted above?
Can you also link the statistics that was used?

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
It wasn't, actually. The reason why cubecraft updated to 1.19 was to improve the software as well as to gain the potential of making use of all the new stuff added in the past 5 years. The update is also not even completed by now. Currently, it's more of an open beta than anything (It's so they can fix bugs and stuff)
If it wasn't to improve player counts, then why would they even do something like that? It makes absolutely no sense to them to "improve" their software if they are losing players from releasing an update as disasters as this. It's also kinda funny how you keep using beta as an excuse for all of the broken and buggy things of this update when it took over 7 months for this trash update to get released. I also said in a previous post: "Story originally estimated that it would take 4 months to complete, but by the time the 1.19 update came out, it was already 7 months in development, and it was littered with bugs. This caused a lot of players to leave, and do you really think java will magically gain it's players back when 1.19 is out of "beta"?"
This is what eggwars seasons are about. This is also what the feedback forums are about. This is what the discord is partly about. They have been working with the community for quite some time now. (Spoiler alert: the idea of updating to 1.19 came from the community too tmk)
Well, when they first announced the future of cubecraft java, they did not even ask the community what they wanted for the future of it. This made a lot of players mad, and it resulted java shrinking even further, a fact that's undeniable. You are also claiming that 1.19 is an idea that the community wanted, but I can't find any proof of that. Can you link a thread that supports your claim?
What the majority thinks isn't always what's best. Also, the majority was already playing on 1.19.
You can't solely base decisions off of only statistics. Sure, if there was only like 5 people that played 1.12.2 prior to this update, then updating to 1.19 would kinda make sense, assuming that they would have asked the community what they wanted for 1.19 before starting to work on the update. However, I can assure you that there was a lot more 5 people that was playing on 1.12.2, so making the switch to 1.19, and on top of that, doing it poorly, only hurted cubecraft (The current player counts already show this).
This is very likely only temporary while they are working on updating these games to 1.19.
They should have never removed any of those games in the first place, because it had a somewhat decent playerbase and those games were one of the only unique gamemodes to cubecraft. Even if they add it back soon, it's likely that it won't see much players because many of the players that did play those games most likely quit cubecraft from these horrible decisions they are making. You could argue that new players would join, and while that is true, the amount of players that would join would likely be much fewer because java is slowly dying out right now, and unless they revert back to 1.12.2 asap, which most likely won't happen, then this will be the case

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
What you are doing right now is speaking for others, which I just can’t approve of, especially as your statement would ‘include’ myself.
Why is that a bad thing? Please elaborate
CubeCraft isn’t just the games but also a community, which I can assure you Team CubeCraft cares about.
Yea, by releasing an update that almost no one asked for sure means that they care about their community
You can keep throwing around words and phrases like “trash this”, “trash that”, “bad update this”, etc, but all you’re doing is providing non-constructive feedback that isn’t necessary at all. CubeCraft has heard plenty of “revert the 1.19 update back to 1.12, everybody hates it!!!”
So you are admitting that a lot of people hate this update? That is the 1st thing that I can agree on you with. Thank you!
It would be best to try providing feedback with alternative solutions that CubeCraft can actually use, as it is very clear they are not reverting back to 1.12 or below. The reasoning for this update was provided very nicely by @quartz 🌈.
Another thing that I agree on, that cubecraft won't revert this update back to 1.12.2. I mean, it would make sense for them to keep the server on 1.19 since they don't really care about their community, and keep all of the bugs and lag that 1.19 has, which 1.12.2 doesn't have.

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
If it wasn't to improve player counts, then why would they even do something like that?
I already told you.
It makes absolutely no sense to them to "improve" their software if they are losing players from releasing an update as disasters as this.
It absolutely does. They gain so so so so so so so much potential from updating to 1.19 but you don't want to understand that.
It's also kinda funny how you keep using beta as an excuse for all of the broken and buggy things of this update when it took over 7 months for this trash update to get released.
It's not an excuse, this is literally how software development works. Take a look at OpenAI with ChatGPT for example. They are doing exactly the same: Letting the users test the software. Epic Games did the same with Fortnite. Even Minecraft is doing it. I could give you an endless amount of examples for this. It's literally the most efficient way to test and improve software.
This caused a lot of players to leave, and do you really think java will magically gain it's players back when 1.19 is out of "beta"?"
It definitely won't be a *snap* and all the players are back. It will take some time but as soon as Cubecraft makes use of this new potential I already mentioned and handle it well, it shouldn't be too hard to get old players back as well as getting new players to try and possibly stay on Cube.
You are also claiming that 1.19 is an idea that the community wanted, but I can't find any proof of that. Can you link a thread that supports your claim?
I am the proof. I made the suggestion to update Cubecraft to a newer version (1.19 wasn't released at that time). What I don't know, however, is if they already had plans of updating prior to my suggestion.
Also, because you keep saying that the community didn't want it: Not everything is smart to be decided democratically. Seatbelts (the things in your car that keep you from flying through your windshield when your car kisses something) were hated by everyone back when they were introduced. Are they bad? I don't think so and I don't think anyone would when it has saved thousands, if not millions of lives.
You can't solely base decisions off of only statistics. Sure, if there was only like 5 people that played 1.12.2 prior to this update, then updating to 1.19 would kinda make sense, assuming that they would have asked the community what they wanted for 1.19 before starting to work on the update.
This decision wasn't solely based on statistics, they only supported it. From what I remember only around 30% of players played on 1.12 (supported by this post from an ex-admin) but according to a developer it was even less than that.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
It absolutely does. They gain so so so so so so so much potential from updating to 1.19 but you don't want to understand that.
So losing more than a quarter of your playerbase means they are gaining sooooo much from this update? That's what it sounds like they gained from releasing this update, along with angry long time players.
It's not an excuse, this is literally how software development works. Take a look at OpenAI with ChatGPT for example. They are doing exactly the same: Letting the users test the software. Epic Games did the same with Fortnite. Even Minecraft is doing it. I could give you an endless amount of examples for this. It's literally the most efficient way to test and improve software.
You can't compare cubecraft to other different companies. OpenAI is an AI company. Fortnite is a third person shooter. Minecraft is a sandbox game. cubecraft is a multiplayer minecraft server that lacks the sandbox aspect of minecraft, and replacing it with several gamemodes to choose from. They are each a million times bigger than cubecraft, so it's a lot less risky for them to make betas for users to test their software. Why don't you compare cubecraft to something like hypixel? They are both minecraft servers, each with different gamemodes to choose from. They also had similar player counts back in 2016. Today, hypixel easily averages 50k players daily and cubecraft can barley crack 700. Why is that the case? Most likely because hypixel actually listened to their community. I also already said that Story estimated it would take 4 months for the update to be completed. They were 3 months behind when the 1.19 update was actually released, and to add insult to injury, they said the update would be in "beta", as an excuse for the loads of bugs and bad game changes this update brought. They also weren't very clear that it would be first released in beta, because most people that were actually hyped for this update excepted it to dramatically improve java, but the update failed to to do that, leaving them angry, and disappointed.
It definitely won't be a *snap* and all the players are back. It will take some time but as soon as Cubecraft makes use of this new potential I already mentioned and handle it well, it shouldn't be too hard to get old players back as well as getting new players to try and possibly stay on Cube.
I highly doubt cubecraft will get back their old players back, considering the current trend of declining players as a result from this update. The damage has already been done, so why would they want to come back if cubecraft did not listen to them? I also highly doubt cubecraft is going to gain extra new players from this update. When an update that changes something as much as this is released, the player count changes should be almost immediate. On opening day, cubecraft barley got 800 players. Over the course of a month, more and more players started to leave and now the current player count sits at around 700. This trend is only going to expand, and don't be suprised if they wind up with 200 players in a couple of months.
I am the proof. I made the suggestion to update Cubecraft to a newer version (1.19 wasn't released at that time). What I don't know, however, is if they already had plans of updating prior to my suggestion.
You aren't the whole community. You are only 1 person. This doesn't mean that everybody wanted the server to be on the latest version of minecraft.
Also, because you keep saying that the community didn't want it: Not everything is smart to be decided democratically. Seatbelts (the things in your car that keep you from flying through your windshield when your car kisses something) were hated by everyone back when they were introduced. Are they bad? I don't think so and I don't think anyone would when it has saved thousands, if not millions of lives.
What does cars have to do anything with cubecraft? And also, with your logic, you are expecting everybody that hated this update to suddenly like this update after a while, which just simply won't happen. They aren't gonna be like "I hated this updated sooo much when they first released, and I quit. But all the sudden, I want to play cubecraft again because this update is now sooo good! I am going to play cubecraft 24/7 again!!!!!!!" Instead of coming up with terrible analogies and comparisons, how about you actually try explaining to me how cubecraft is going to have decent player counts (something like 2-3k players) after all the mistakes they have made in the past, which includes this update
This decision wasn't solely based on statistics, they only supported it. From what I remember only around 30% of players played on 1.12 (supported by this post from an ex-admin) but according to a developer it was even less than that.
Wow, so 30% of players were on 1.12.2 before the 1.19 update? Considering that cubecraft used to have 1k players before this update, this would mean around 300 players would be connected to 1.12.2, which if you ask me, is a pretty big portion of your playerbase of 1k. I also said that if they had like 5 players connected to 1.12.2, then it would kinda make sense for them to update to 1.19, but it looks like you are proving my points, which would mean that it would make no sense for them to make the switch to 1.19. And the other 70%, which most were on the latest version, do you know if they wanted the server to be on 1.19? Did cubecraft even ask them if they wanted it to be on 1.19? And guess what? After this update, the averages are only around 700 players. Did almost every 1.12.2 player leave the server? That's what it looks like! And for the dev that says "a couple of percent", I find that hard to believe. I would like to see a graph of players in which only a couple of percent were connected to pre 1.19, But thanks for proving my previous points of cubecrafts playercounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom