Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
The 1.8 java network shutted down on june the 15th, and since then, it's not a secret that the player count has decreased considerably. When the shutdown of this version network was announced, it was argued that it wouldn't affect considerably to the player count as the amount of people playing in that version was really low in comparison with the 1.9 java network or the bedrock network. But I think the time has proved that many players (including myself) are not comfortable playing in the new versions, as the pvp system has changed completely. This can make a lot of people to leave the server and stop playing here because it's impossible to change in a few days what we have been doing for ages, it's not that easy to get used to the new system. I play minecraft since 2014 and when the 1.9 version was realeased for the first time, I avoided playing it because I instantly hated the new pvp system (and no, the old one is not only based on spamming the left click as fast as you can).

What's the actual situation?

The Cubecraft Java Network is going through really difficult times. Before the 1.8 version shutted down it used to reach about 6.000 players during the peak hours. To shut down the network, the argument provided was that only 500 players during the peak hours were connected in the 1.8 network, which caused a huge negative balance. That reasoning is valid, but the reality is totally different, since the 1.8 network has shutted down, the player count during the peak hours hardly reaches 3500 players as maximum, while the Bedrock network (which allows you to use the old combat system) has about 40.000 concurrent players during the peak hours, as the graphic shows.

Captura.PNG
Source: stats.cubecraft.net

The only exception to this happened during the Hypixel emergency maintenance. As Hypixel had been closed for 5 days for an emergency maintenance, many players from that server temporarily played on Cubecraft whilst Hypixel was down, reaching our java network 7.500 concurrent players during the peak hours.

A possible solution

A possible solution to bring back those players that have left the network because of this change could be to imitate the system that the bedrock network actually has. The bedrock network has simulated the 1.8 pvp system and you can play using the old system even while playing on the latest Minecraft versions. The same could be done in our java network to motivate those players that have always played with the old system to come back and keep playing in Cubecraft.

It's true that the server needed to update to newer minecraft versions in order to build maps and lobbies using the new blocks and mechanics, but this has caused a considerable loss of players due to the changes in the pvp system. Many players (including myself) have started playing only on the Bedrock network, or have just left the server due to this.
Under my point of view this solution would fix this problem, because we could play on higher and more recent minecraft versions, use the new blocks and all the new stuff, and, at the same time, we would have the possibility of playing using the combat system you like the most, whether it is the new one or the old one.​

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom