Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ThatTicoGuy

Jun 5, 2020
Mexico
ticoeal.com
Purpose of the Game

The main purpose of the game is in some ways a mixture of Block Wars and Eggwars. Instead of having two teams the game has four. Each team has a flag, If that flag is captured twice the team will no longer be able to re spawn, but they still have a chance to win (that will be explained later on). You can mine iron, gold, and diamonds and talk to the trader/merchant to get armor, trackers, swords, and many other items that can help you win the game.

What will the ores be used for?

Ores will be mined down. After a certain cool down the ores will re spawn. After having sufficient ores, you will go to the trader/merchant to trade for items that you will need. For example: with iron you can obtain a sword, armor, pickaxe and more. So here are my ideas of what each ore should give the player:

• Iron
    • Iron Sword
    • Pickaxe
  • Gold
    • Golden Apples
    • Trackers
  • Diamonds
    • Diamond Sword
    • Diamond Pickaxe
    • Iron Armor
Two ores for one item:
For more unique items or custom items I think mixing two ores is an interesting idea. What do I mean with this? So basically what if you have 10 gold and 5 diamonds what if you can trade that for something such as an explosive egg or an autobridger? Of course these items would be expensive so most players can only get them mid-late game this is why the ores should have a cool down so that people can’t get these items instantly.

Enchant Points:
While not really in the “ores” section I still think it’s important to explain them here. So basically players will be able to obtain an item called an “Enchant point”. This item will give you the ability to enchant any tool to a specific level when right clicking it. What I was thinking is if you get one enchant point you can enchant something such as your sword for one level (i.e one enchant point = sharpness 1. You can later get another enchant point to enchant the sword from sharp 1 to sharp 2). Here is what I think the items that should be enchanted should be:

• Swords
    • Stone Sword (to sharpness 2)
    • Iron Sword (to sharpness 2)
    • Diamond Sword (to sharpness 2)
  • Pickaxes
    • Stone Pickaxe (to efficiency 3)
    • Iron Pickaxe (to efficiency 3)
    • Diamond Pickaxe (to efficiency 2)
  • Armor
    • Leather Armor (Protection 3)
    • Iron Armor (Protection 1)

I also had the idea that the enchant points could be used for custom items, such as the explosive egg (maybe creating a super explosive egg?) Of course these custom items should need more enchant points than normal so that they aren’t overused (in some ways they should be used as a secret weapon or a last ditch effort).

Why not use a generator instead?
In some ways mining the ores brings more of a challenge. Instead of quickly going to the middle to get diamonds from a generator you will have to be cautious of your surroundings and know when it’s the right time to mine. This also means that you won't be able to get the ores on bulks where people can quickly buy mid-late game items early on.

Map design and concepts

Each team will get one sky island where their flag will be located. In the middle of all flag islands there will be a main island (we will talk about what players will obtain by going to that island later on). In Between the flag islands and the main island there will be a generator island for each team. Here is a concept that I made to show how a map in this game mode could look like. All islands are located at the same distance from each other. I tried my best to make the map design equal for everyone so no one needs to use additional blocks to go to the other island. I’ve always felt that islands that are on an angle always have had an disadvantage since they always need more blocks than islands where you can straight bridge
c-GzvLt1_FOllferEyrlSFOLZVzLp1I0Kta9hc00_WkurIfsQKvL4hgfYOYMAfel7Jb3X3acNojlrnMcHtwQEGiqNm3zZsnWbljzfhHGWasV8PMtY88YzStSo0BEXjn7lDg910vH

This is not the only way a map can be designed however. There are other ways the map can be equal so everyone has an equal advantage. I made the following designs for other ways the map can be built.
MAP CONCEPT #2
P0XkyCIu1NBuYhOfkiDxEUaEWesc1nUgMMkXNscbN9oRPjvKAQahX80zQ-zDE6rbVLJNk4OCuEtf12F69LOtErmXy0EqAjK8tK4sfB6s-A1FoPki3aiuCQoWQ2J2pRArT38MIric

In this map you can see that everyone is equal. Everyone will have to bridge in an angle. Although someone can also bridge directly to another island straight without an angle. This makes players have to focus on going to the main island but also be cautious if someone is bridging to their island.
MAP CONCEPT #3
j-1IbaoxjSknWPoC2v--su0bf0b9KwFr05KLt01SLxlcKOoIrsPvzW7hn2AhqHuShqaqcCfMyvnzq1sKJMiL5WG3WpE7uc9IKizh5ZYiY3qnUJOOpNnqJU6qKO8PrBp-vak05RYZ

In this map you will have to build multiple bridges for each island. Instead of only being cautious of the enemy team that can bridge to you you will also need to bridge to the gen island and the main island at some point. The reason why I think that this map is still equal for everyone is in the same position so they all have to be cautious one way or another. Although, this in some ways does promote the idea that you should take down the team that is on the same side as yours.

Obtaining blocks

Instead of obtaining blocks by buying from the merchant/trader there will be a generator specifically dedicated for blocks. These block generators will be located in the gen island . People will spawn with blocks to bridge to the island. If for some reason the player doesn't have blocks they can mine specific areas of the starting island to get more blocks (Though the blocks that you start with should be enough to bridge to these islands). Now the generator will drop tons of blocks to bridge. But there will also be blocks that can be used to defend the flag such as glass, hay, and obsidian. All of these blocks will have a spawn rate corresponding to how durable it is. For example: obsidian could spawn every 30 seconds while hay spawns at 15 and glass at 10.

What each island has

Each island gives you something that will come to use later on, if you don’t go to that island quickly then you will lack something the enemy team will have. So here is the following items that each island will have

• Team Island:
    • Iron Ore
    • Flag
    • Re-spawn point
    • Trader/Merchant
  • Gen Island:
    • Blocks
      • Terracotta
      • Hay
      • Glass
      • Obsidian
    • Gold Ore
  • Main Island:
    • Enchant Points
    • Diamonds

By placing these specific items in these islands people will have a reason to go to them. The gen island is important because you will obtain blocks and gold. The gold can be used for golden apples and the blocks for bridging/defending. The Main island will have diamonds and enchant points. These will be used to make more powerful items later on that will heavily help you late game.

Winning the game

You win the game when the last enemy is killed or when the timer ends and you have the least flags taken. Something to note is that when you capture two flags from an opposing team, let’s say yellow, that team is still going to be alive and still have a chance to win. However If you kill them they won’t re spawn. But if the yellow team survives they can still capture flags (they won't regain theirs). If yellow captures all the flags and kills all the opposing teams then yellow is victorious. The only way that yellow will lose is if you kill all of the team or if the timer runs out. The other way to win is by having the least flags taken however if two or more teams have the same amount of flags taken that will result in a tie. If another team has more flags taken then they will lose but the other teams will tie. The last way to win the game is by capturing all of the enemies two flags and then killing them all until the last team is standing. I made a quick graph to show how wins and loses would work (this graph excludes winning by taking all flags and being the last team standing)

tJ7gZbcBnYWxboSDhWpOt1nhN1AwPqE6YCaQaI2o7__qY1elDEvo_23TBuzrRfveMAqaNN0qo1JGcdkKidf_N6HAarFPwBfyLHvShULyJxwkGJu7l8PNWTzBhiBG7GfgJSyTZ3Dc

Timer and over defending

Over Defending is going to be an issue in any game where you have to defend. To solve this when the timer counts down to a specific time the defense will explode all blocks (including obsidian). This will make it so attackers have time to attack and the defenders have to do something to defend. Except this also means that the Attackers will get their defense destroyed at the same time. So the people over defending also have a chance to attack.

What do players start with

Like Block Wars players will start with leather armor and a couple of tools such as a stone sword and stone pickaxe. You will always respawn with these items but not the items you obtained during the game.

Well that is about it, I hope you guys like this idea. Of course feel free to suggest additions and more!

This looks like a really good idea! But, I have some questions. The generators work like Blockwars generators, right? Also, I think things like buckets should be buyable, and generators of water and lava be at middle. Not as powerful as Diamond, so instant collection, but still powerful in the right hands. Also, can you mine the terrain? Because if you can, teams will turtle and void trap everywhere.

ThatTicoGuy

Jun 5, 2020
Mexico
ticoeal.com
This looks like a really good idea! But, I have some questions. The generators work like Blockwars generators, right? Also, I think things like buckets should be buyable, and generators of water and lava be at middle. Not as powerful as Diamond, so instant collection, but still powerful in the right hands. Also, can you mine the terrain? Because if you can, teams will turtle and void trap everywhere.
Heya, the idea of being able to buy water buckets and lava sounds interesting though I think it should be further developed to something like skyblock generators. So instead of buying the lava and water to make the generator itself you can buy a block generator that will re spawn after a certain time. Also for mining the terrain it would only be a certain area where you can mine it and not everywhere.

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
Hey very interesting work and nice thread! I would not mind seeing this game in the future, however I do feel like having bw and eggwars already, might make this gamemode a little less popular. Of course I do not know this for sure. I personally think if a new game was to be added it should be a brand new concept. Nevertheless good work! Maybe add a poll such as: "Should this game be added?" Yes, No, Maybe.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom