• Total voters

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I came up with an idea for a great game! Here it is:
Bow Trouble
(Obviously I have not come up with a good name for it)

Plot:
There will be a couple different games modes. All games will have a maximum of 24 players.
All arrows are on a one hit kill basis. There also could be kits for different types of arrows.

Elimination (FFA or Team): Each player has 5 lives. Equipped with a bow, leather armor (Team Colored), 5 normal arrows, and a sharpness 1 stick, you must kill every player of the other team. After killing a player you receive 1 additional arrow. The spawn time for this mode is 15 seconds. Once every player on a team has lost all of their 5 lives, the game ends. There will be a timer counting down in case no players are losing lives. Once the timer is done, the team with the most player lives left wins.

Capture the Flag: Here there will be 2-4 teams. Each has a flag at the base. A little different then elimination, players are equipped with a bow, armor (Team Colored), and 25 arrows. This game follows basic Capture the Flag rules. When you kill a enemy, you regain 1 arrow. Once your flag has been stolen twice, your team is out. When killed while holding a flag, the flag drops. Any player that touches the flag can pick it up, taking it back to their base. Last team standing wins.

Final Notes:
I do realize there is already a Capture the Flag game in Blockwars, but think it might cool to have a bow minigame.
This would be an arcade minigame.
Please post any ideas and I will include them in this post.

Tags.
@TheChesireMouse
@Unipotato
@Darkform9
@ISeeThroughYou
@TheBrownster904 <3

THANKS FOR READING EVERYONE!

Last edited:

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
I think it would be cool if cubecraft had more games, and this game sounds fun (I don't like the 2nd idea, only the first one)

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Thanks for the tag <3 <3 <3

This sounds a lot like one in the quiver, except it promotes camping a bit more. Since it is based on how many lives you have, people might just camp in a corner with their bow always drawn. I wouldn't be against having a one in the quiver type game, I just think it would need to be a bit more unique. Great suggestion!

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
R.I.P. Tag ;(

This sounds a lot like one in the quiver, except it promotes camping a bit more. Since it is based on how many lives you have, people might just camp in a corner with their bow always drawn. I wouldn't be against having a one in the quiver type game, I just think it would need to be a bit more unique. Great suggestion!
I got you your tag. <3

I actually took this idea from a server that shut down. I played this particular game mode a lot. When people camper it was extremely easy to kill them! I can't explain why, but it just was.
Also what can make this unique? Any ideas?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I got you your tag. <3

I actually took this idea from a server that shut down. I played this particular game mode a lot. When people camper it was extremely easy to kill them! I can't explain why, but it just was.
Also what can make this unique? Any ideas?
Maybe having a one in the quiver elytra version. So you know how FFA has the elytra maps. It would be cool if that was the map for one in the quiver. That was you are playing in a much more unique and expansive arena. And it would force you to develop skills at shooting a bow while flying.

Reactions: DragonSan

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Maybe having a one in the quiver elytra version. So you know how FFA has the elytra maps. It would be cool if that was the map for one in the quiver. That was you are playing in a much more unique and expansive arena. And it would force you to develop skills at shooting a bow while flying.
EDIT: I'm not gonna replace CTF for it for this reason.
This would be a arcade minigame, not another PVP mode.
I will add ideas to make this CTF really cool, but not replacing it altogether.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I like this idea, but maybe make it 2 shot kills instead of one (if it is going to be based on lives) so that people wont wuss out and camp as much like Brownster said.

This sounds like a game that could get pretty tense and relies on accuracy in order to stay alive, which is something unique to Cube. I'd like to see this happen, so you've got ma support o/

Maybe having a one in the quiver elytra version.

This ^

Here's a few of my own suggestions:

. If you kill someone, you regain an arrow.

. Only start with 6 arrows instead of 10, just so people wont spam them as much.

. Once you run out of arrows, you are pretty much dead. How about you add a sharp 1 stick or something just to give a bit of hope for those who have run out?

The spawn time for this mode is 30 seconds.

.Why so long? o_O I'd half that, 30 seconds is actually quite a long time when you think about it.

. Keep the capture the flag idea, a bigger variety of gamemodes can't hurt anything. Plus Blockwars CTF focuses mainly on melee where as this version will focus on bows, so it's unique in that way.

Add or ignore any of those, it's your idea afterall : P

Nice suggestion, Tri!

Reactions: TriangleAttack

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I'm reading about some different capture the flag variations. This one really struck me.
Junkyard Dog.
Instead of a flag on each team, there is chest filled with various items. You must get to the other side grab a piece and get back without dying. Team with all the "junk" wins.
Does this sound better than the original CTF?

There could also be jobs, such as defender, the Junkyard dog (only one allowed to be the in the same area as the chest), and runners.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I would rather the winners were based on which very team gets the most kills, rather than eliminating teams. Eliminating teams could just turn it into a big camp fest when teams are low on lifes. The rest of the details seem fine.

The CTF game also sounds fun, but I think it would be a bit too difficult given someone could snipe you when you come anywhere near the flag. The only other thing you could do is add a sword as the primary weapon and have only a few arrows.
Then again, that's very similar to blockwars CTF.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Reesle wrote on Magda_Korra's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Real Verbramdt?! 😱
Either way, Welcome (or welcome back) to the Forums!
Top Bottom