Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
So the new BlockWars Bridges gamemode is very fun, but I have some suggestions to make it better:

1) Remove TNT

It’s definitely annoying when your work of placing blocks to defend your portal(especially if you are the only one doing it, which happened to me about 2/3 of the games I played), and then some annoying player can just place TNT and destroy most of the blocks you placed. Doing this would make gameplay less frustrating.

2) A mode where you have to build your own bridge to get to the other team’s island.

So most of the time, in the first 10-15 seconds of the game, some players in one team will go through the other team’s portal. And there are tryhards in every single game, that jump and place blocks rapidly, and it’s especially annoying when they have jump boost. Of course this will be something that the ranked players can vote for, because a lot of people may not agree with this. Doing this would give players some time to build defense for their portal.

3) Vexes.

So here’s what I’m thinking for this one: In each map, there should be a piece of soul sand. If you break it, you will get the soul sand and it will come back after 10 seconds. Then, if you place it in the crafting grid, you will get... a Vex spawn egg, *Angelic choir*! By default the Vex will have no weapons, in which it will deal 3(1.5 hearts) of damage, but you can give it a weapon by either right-clicking it with one, or putting a weapon in the crafting grid with the Vex spawn egg. I know you might think this is dumb, but it can be helpful. Since they are so tiny, fly fast, and can go through walls, it can stop the other team from getting to the portal. And it might be kinda hilarious in my opinion.

4) Crossbows.

So maybe there should be an option of whether you want to have a bow or crossbow in your Hotbar when you are in the BlockWars Bridges hub. They can be useful for harder shots, or surprise shots. In this gamemode, crossbows should do 9-14 damage. This would make gameplay a bit more interesting.

These are my suggestions. I hope you liked them!

Reactions: Wave Master7S

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Vexes and Crossbows are out of the question as the Java server has to accommodate for players on version 1.9, and the Bedrock server is effectively Java 1.9 as well (I think).

FiredMercury21

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2020
I think the current tnt is okay although option 2 could be implemented into normal bridges.

although it will make it a lot slower bacause bows exist.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I disagree with all suggestions, because:
- I disagree with removing tnt. If a team builds a lot of blocks around their portal and have 1/2 players as a defence, it’s almost impossible to get a point. With the tnt as a power-up you can break their defence and score a point. So removing the tnt will make scoring a point to hard in my opinion.
- If you have to build your own bridge to get to the other island, I think the game will take to much time. Everyone has a bow, which means if you built to the other island, you will get instantly shot. I’ll be very frustrated if the other team is bowing me the whole game, that’s why I disagree.
- As Modulo 7 already said suggestion 3 and 4 can’t get implemented, since blockwars needs to be available for all versions.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I don't think the TNT should be removed because the powerup isn't all that common so it's not like it is a constant struggle to keep your score well-protected because of TNT. I really like it since it speeds up the game a bit, it's very useful for any of both teams to get some quick and easy points to perhaps make the game progress more and end faster. Which is good since Bridges can get tedious sometimes when both teams are stuck in a stalemate.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Hi!
1) Remove TNT

It’s definitely annoying when your work of placing blocks to defend your portal(especially if you are the only one doing it, which happened to me about 2/3 of the games I played), and then some annoying player can just place TNT and destroy most of the blocks you placed. Doing this would make gameplay less frustrating.
I don’t agree on this. First of all, the tnt powerup is (based on playing the game) the rarest powerup to spawn, so you don’t get spammed with tnt. Secondly, it’s as said above very hard to come through 2-3 layers of blocks while people are defending without tnt.
2) A mode where you have to build your own bridge to get to the other team’s island.

So most of the time, in the first 10-15 seconds of the game, some players in one team will go through the other team’s portal. And there are tryhards in every single game, that jump and place blocks rapidly, and it’s especially annoying when they have jump boost. Of course this will be something that the ranked players can vote for, because a lot of people may not agree with this. Doing this would give players some time to build defense for their portal.
I don’t agree on this either. If you have to build the bridge yourself it’ll take way too long, and the game will be quite boring. Also, you can’t complain about tryhards placing blocks to rapidly, if they can do this, it is their right to do it. Just learn it yourself 😉
3) Vexes.

So here’s what I’m thinking for this one: In each map, there should be a piece of soul sand. If you break it, you will get the soul sand and it will come back after 10 seconds. Then, if you place it in the crafting grid, you will get... a Vex spawn egg, *Angelic choir*! By default the Vex will have no weapons, in which it will deal 3(1.5 hearts) of damage, but you can give it a weapon by either right-clicking it with one, or putting a weapon in the crafting grid with the Vex spawn egg. I know you might think this is dumb, but it can be helpful. Since they are so tiny, fly fast, and can go through walls, it can stop the other team from getting to the portal. And it might be kinda hilarious in my opinion.

4) Crossbows.

So maybe there should be an option of whether you want to have a bow or crossbow in your Hotbar when you are in the BlockWars Bridges hub. They can be useful for harder shots, or surprise shots. In this gamemode, crossbows should do 9-14 damage. This would make gameplay a bit more interesting.
I don’t agree with these two either. First of all, because (as said above) crossbows and vexes aren’t on some versions. But also, because I don’t really like the idea. Vexes are so annoying and hard to kill, it would be just who has the most vexes wins. As for crossbows, I don’t really see a need to do this.

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
I don’t agree with these two either. First of all, because (as said above) crossbows and vexes aren’t on some versions. But also, because I don’t really like the idea. Vexes are so annoying and hard to kill, it would be just who has the most vexes wins. As for crossbows, I don’t really see a need to do this.
Yeah I guess you are right about the Vexes. They are one of the most annoying mobs in the game.

Reactions: xHappyMood

01Reggi$

Novice Member
May 20, 2017
I would suggest to make a 1v1 mode just like hypixel did.
But then with 1.9 pvp and the addons of cubecraft

Reactions: Vindicatør

Olmn

Sep 15, 2020
So the new BlockWars Bridges gamemode is very fun, but I have some suggestions to make it better:

1) Remove TNT

3) Vexes.

4) Crossbows.

These are my suggestions. I hope you liked them!
lmao on ur second suggestion i recommend 1 thing... get gud kid

• Sad

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
Vexes and Crossbows are out of the question as the Java server has to accommodate for players on version 1.9, and the Bedrock server is effectively Java 1.9 as well (I think).
I once saw 1.14 villagers in lucky islands, so I'm sure they can somehow make it work? Idk, maybe it was just how they looked or something, or everyone playing in that game was on 1.14+

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
I once saw 1.14 villagers in lucky islands, so I'm sure they can somehow make it work? Idk, maybe it was just how they looked or something, or everyone playing in that game was on 1.14+
That is client-side. Your game does not support pre 1.14 villagers, so that is what you see.

Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom