Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrarialover11

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2014
Crazy Land (I GOT THE COOKIES :D)
I am gonna be brutally honest here, if the map "Desert" never was added, and someone that no one knew submitted it, it would probably be judged so hard for lack of detail and so on, and probably not added. But it is one of the most popular maps. Why? I actually have no idea xD But my point is, just give the map a try and it may actually turn out good... this guy obviously tried very hard on this map, and I give him a thumbs up at that. (Aswell, the map Desert has no terraforming (minimal) except for one straight up rock looking thing.)
Desert isn't really that good, but it doesn't mean this map doesn't need to be good either, if that was the case than people could submit maps as simple as rainbow (skywars) and have it accepted. Plus detailed and pretty maps usually attract players, many servers I play that have a lot of players have very high quality builds and builders. Though they may not seem as important as custom plug ins and other things, good builds can affect the population of a server.

Reactions: NanoNet

Terrarialover11

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2014
Crazy Land (I GOT THE COOKIES :D)
Desert isn't really that good, but it doesn't mean this map doesn't need to be good either, if that was the case than people could submit maps as simple as rainbow (skywars) and have it accepted. Plus detailed and pretty maps usually attract players, many servers I play that have a lot of players have very high quality builds and builders. Though they may not seem as important as custom plug ins and other things, good builds can affect the population of a server.
(ment to say it doesn't need to be that bad either)

rick4games

Jan 31, 2015
united states (but im dutch)
i think its to simplistic try to add more detail like use stairs slabs glaspanes torches and fences buttons to add detail and depth
and my tip make more terraforming like mountains and try custom trees

TheAdventurerMM

Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2014
the Netherlands
Based off of what you showed on the screenshots I didn't like it :/ The terraforming wasnt very well done and there wasn't much of it. Though you did add some custom trees along with bonemealed ones, they lacked detail and looked very odd/unnatural. The inside of the colosseum was extremely plain and lacked the the detail a real one. This is pretty bad considering the colosseum is the name if the map. The other buildings along with the colosseum were simple for the most part and lacked that 'wow' factor. Over all I think it could use a lot of work. But keep working on it and stay persistent and I'm sure you can make it better. ;)
Basically this...
I am gonna be brutally honest here, if the map "Desert" never was added, and someone that no one knew submitted it, it would probably be judged so hard for lack of detail and so on, and probably not added. But it is one of the most popular maps. Why? I actually have no idea xD But my point is, just give the map a try and it may actually turn out good... this guy obviously tried very hard on this map, and I give him a thumbs up at that. (Aswell, the map Desert has no terraforming (minimal) except for one straight up rock looking thing.)
We want our server to stand out don't we? That map is still there as it was one of the original maps and if we would remove it we would get angry players shoved up our butt. I mean ofcourse, a low quality map can indeed be fun to play, but we want to look professional, so from now on we will only accept maps that look professional.

Sorry to dissapoint you but your map will not be added, it looks decent, but we can't accept decent maps anymore. Thanks for your submission, feel free to improve it as much as you can and submit it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom