Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

rubencraft

Aug 1, 2021
DanTDM's Lab
Pronouns
He/Him
Whilst I was playing Eggwars and Skywars I have noticed that sometimes I end up with teammates that are not as skilled when playing, and sometimes I also end up with opponents that are new to the game or not as skilled especially in eggwars. While challenge mode/queue does aid with aligning better skilled players during matchmaking, I have a suggestion that I would like to present to better ensure this alignment. This suggestion revolves around adopting a ranking system that is separate to that of the level system, the current matchmaking system ensures queued players play on the same device (e.g, win10 players will end up with win10 players, and same with mobile/controller) and this criteria will remain unchanged in the ranking system I'm suggesting.

The ranking system will be very similar to levels as in the numeric value, however, the thing that makes it special is its dynamic nature.
Let me explain....
Using the player level as reference, if a player (Lets call him Steve) is level 20, their ranking level would also be 20. You can also call it the baseline ranking level... But how is it dynamic? Well, lets say Steve has ranking level 20 right, and he wins a game of eggwars. The player ranking level will increase by 1, so now his ranking level is 21. Lets say Steve plays another game and also wins that game, making him win twice in a row (win streak) and thus will be awarded with an increment of 2 ranking levels, boosting his ranking level to 23. But lets say he plays for the third time and looses, well he will only lose 1 ranking level, bringing him to 22. Had Steve never lost, he would have received an increment of 3 (as per his win streak), with overall ranking of 26, and mind you, Steve actual level remains unchanged at level 20 (as stated previously), but since Steve has a higher ranking level than his actual level, then he will get extra xp if they win to boost their level.

Well, you might ask, how will it be utilized for the matchmaking system? The matchmaking system will use this for reference when queuing players, (and obviously as stated previously their device) so what the matchmaking will try to do is match everyone in the queue/match with their almost same ranking level. Say Steve has a ranking level of 22 and he plays on Win10, then the matchmaking system will look for all the players that are queuing, and are roughly the same ranking level as Steve is and put them in a match together (This includes your teammates, so your team will also have roughly the same ranking level as you are which does not make you disadvantaged on this end).

While the ranking level may always be displayed to the player on the score board, it can also be creatively used to give out a rank:
1657993080062.png

The numbers displayed on the left is the ranking level, and on the right is the corresponding rank.
Obviously the rank names are made up and can be changed. Alternatively it could also be replaced with Bronze, Gold, Plat, Diamond etc.
Obviously this rank is not a global rank, someone could be Dragon IV in Eggwars, but Enderman III in Skywars, so the ranking level is for the specific game.

Last edited:

PhilSwift76

🎥 Content Creator 🎥
Jun 20, 2020
www.youtube.com
how high would you say the levels of ranks would have to go? i just recently got a 35 winstreak in eggwars so thats level 630 in terms of ranking. would that mean there would be a lot a different tiers to the ranking system? or would there just be a cap somewhere higher up

rubencraft

Aug 1, 2021
DanTDM's Lab
Pronouns
He/Him
how high would you say the levels of ranks would have to go? i just recently got a 35 winstreak in eggwars so thats level 630 in terms of ranking. would that mean there would be a lot a different tiers to the ranking system? or would there just be a cap somewhere higher up
A 35 win streak is a very impressive achievement and demonstrates great understanding and application of your in-game skills (Mechanics, parkour, bridging, PvP skills, utilization of resources, and teamwork skills) and while that is great, this does not represent the vast majority of players, and by that I mean maybe 2 or 3 players in the whole round are capable enough to put up great resistance or a challenge to you. This is the exact region the skill based matchmaking (or the ranking system) tackles, meaning that reaching those types of streaks would be extremely difficult when put up with players who have an understanding/skill of the game close or similar to yours.

The only issue with this system is that sometimes - depending on timezones - player count wont be sufficient enough to support this ranking system thus creating a gap which may allow inflated streaks and a ranking level by extension and so a cap can be placed when player count is under a specific threshold, or maybe when a close match cannot be found, the algorithm could slow down the progression of ranking levels for players with a higher level to prevent inflation.

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
skill based matchmaking is already rejected
cubecraft doesnt have enough players to set up skill based matchmaking (including for duels?)

also who else disagreed before reading the thread

Reactions: ElevenForever
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom