Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Hey everyone, so after seeing @Riley's poll about removing noteblocks from FFA, I realized that a fair amount of people are annoyed by the noteblocks in FFA/lobbies. Instead of removing them though as I love noteblocks, I think there is a much better and easier way to make these less annoying: tune all noteblocks to a note in the pentatonic scale and prevent people from tuning noteblocks themselves.

Without getting too much into music theory, the pentatonic scale is just a 5 note scale that sounds generally nice to most people no matter what notes are played in it. It's commonly used in various pop music genres and most of you have probably heard it before in some shape or form.

Here's a quick example of me going through the scale on noteblocks and trying to be as annoying as possible with only the pentatonic scale:

Note that I'm holding left-click hear to just plat the notes instead of right-click to tune the noteblocks which makes it sound even worse and is what most players do in these lobbies.

I'm sure that the pentatonic scale sounds better to the majority of you even when played by just spamming notes. Almost anything you do with these notes playing slower is going to sound at least decent if not great to most people. In fact, this music is so good apparently, that I have had a game on the solo skywars music map recently where I just had 5 noteblocks tuned to the pentatonic scale where the last player said that the music was playing was very beautiful and jumped into the void immediately afterwards because of it!

With that, I think that there should be only the 11 different notes in the pentatonic scale that noteblocks can be tuned to and players should no longer be able to right-click noteblocks to tune them in lobbies or FFA. Here's the number of right clicks you need for each noteblock to be tuned to a note in a pentatonic scale: 0, 2, 4, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 24. Any of these notes could be picked and placed together at random and it would still sound ok for the most part.

I encourage you to try out playing random notes on a noteblock pentatonic scale yourself just to see how much better it sounds compared to what you usually here in waiting lobbies.
I look forward to see what all of your thoughts/ideas are on this as well! :)

♡​

Caliditas

Jul 11, 2016
Belgium
God that would be awesome! For those that don't fully grasp how the pentatonic scale would make it better: here is a tool to get a better idea. In this tool you can make your own music by placing tiles. Every row has the same pitch and every column plays at the same time. These pitches are in the pentatonic scale so you can listen how it works.
Please implement this!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Ranger

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I think its a great idea but a bit pointless. Most people don’t really care what sound the noteblocks make. Its still a +1 from me because noteblocks are fun. And maybe add a vote option?

Reactions: Power Ranger
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
I managed to put together a python script with the help of an AI friend of mine, I'm gonna make an updated version of the Global Reaction Score thread, this time, having counted all 352,348 forums users!!
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
pinterest is a gold mine ong
IMG_9017.jpeg
Skylanders! I remember that I bought this pack (not my picture.) For Skylanders Super Chargers I recall that I played the game with my parents and little sister it was a blast and I enjoyed every second of it. We bought more of them and collected even more of them. Replayed the game many times and the levels. Good memories xD
Screenbits 2024-04-29_205054.png
qKhalidd wrote on Mivke's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Top Bottom