Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
This is a repost of my old suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/m...n-the-forums-and-the-discord-the-same.280949/

Despite the major rules update, I have recently realised that the rules are still reasonably different on each platform. This is going to lead to nothing but confusion, lack of clarity and consistency, and potentially unfair bans.

Just take the forum rules, and put them on the Discord so that they're actually the same. It'll take like 30 minutes max and considering what is to be gained, it is most definitely something that needs to be done.

Some examples:
- On the forums threats are their own rule, whereas on the Discord it is included in the "inappropriate language" rule which has a different punishment track
- On the forums, inappropriate usernames/reactions are separate rules with the same punishment track, whereas they are the same rule on the Discord
- Almost none of the rules are in the same order

Frontlane

🦦
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!! Certain rules between Discord and the forum could definitely be more similarized/synchronized. However, I do think the forum and the Discord server need their separate rules, as they are two communication platforms with completely different functionalities and features.
So, it's a good suggestion to "clean" the rules a bit, but I don't think it's possible to go further than that, and it would get pretty confusing as well.
Have a great rest of your day!

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Hey!! Certain rules between Discord and the forum could definitely be more similarized/synchronized. However, I do think the forum and the Discord server need their separate rules, as they are two communication platforms with completely different functionalities and features.
So, it's a good suggestion to "clean" the rules a bit, but I don't think it's possible to go further than that, and it would get pretty confusing as well.
Have a great rest of your day!
I was referring to the Discord rules stated on the forums, compared to the Discord rules stated on the Discord server itself. As I stated in the title of the thread, I am comparing the Discord rules listed on the forums. Please actually read the title and thread before commenting.
This is what's listed on the Discord server
1617575074187.png

This is a snippet of what's listed on the forums
1617575130990.png

Reactions: Frontlane

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I disagree. The rules on discord are crafted to be readable and understandable. The more detailed rules can be accessed by just clicking a link.

• Agree
Reactions: YeaUhm and Mivke

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Hello!
In the last rules update we took into consideration a very interesting point you suggested here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/refresh-the-discord-rules-and-faq-channel.265387/

2 - Make them much more user friendly to read. Currently, the rules are just a big list block of text and honestly, most children won't be bothered to read them. A good way of encouraging people to read the rules is to make them easier and friendlier to read.

Copypasting the rules from the official site into the rules channel would break the simplicity and brevity, and will cause users joining the server not to read them, and on the other hand copypasting only the titles could lead to doubts.
The objective of the #rules channel is to explain in a few words the basic rules so every user can start using the platform almost immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom