• Yes!

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
There is next to no reason to update a lobby outside of seasonal events, the lobby becomes a part of the networks image as it's the first thing you see, and changing it drastically can alienate people. I think the main hub lobby is perfect as is, it is also specially tweaked to work with the lobby games, so updating it would be a pointless addition of work.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There is next to no reason to update a lobby outside of seasonal events, the lobby becomes a part of the networks image as it's the first thing you see, and changing it drastically can alienate people. I think the main hub lobby is perfect as is, it is also specially tweaked to work with the lobby games, so updating it would be a pointless addition of work.
I understand that. But I think it is a good idea to change. Most players come to the server to play the games and don’t pay much attention to the main lobby. I like to just talk to people and fool around for a bit. The most time I play I’m in the main lobby and I’m seeing this lobby for more than a year now I think. But I also understand you.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree with Story. There's no need to change the main lobby. I am also someone who loves to hang around in the lobby, playing lobby games, playing with gadgets, chatting with friends etc. Yes, it's been the same lobby for a long time now, but I don't mind. I like the current lobby and I don't see why they should put effort in building a new one.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with Story. There's no need to change the main lobby. I am also someone who loves to hang around in the lobby, playing lobby games, playing with gadgets, chatting with friends etc. Yes, it's been the same lobby for a long time now, but I don't mind. I like the current lobby and I don't see why they should put effort in building a new one.
I don’t think it is something that needs to change fast. But I miss the lobby’s back in the days. ;)

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Let me be the one who voted yes. I admit that rebuilding the main lobby isn't really necessary at this moment, however there are some parts of the lobby that really despise me. When I join the main lobby I see a lot of tall, grey, industrial towers. It feels very cold and very depressing in my eyes. Very unwelcome. When I turn around I finally see some colors, but I still don't know what I'm looking at apart from the entrance of the Jump Ring Parkour. Again I see towers, but they look very weird and even messy in my eyes. The more you are walking to the middle of the main lobby, the weirder it gets. I also see some good structures like the ferris wheel and the swimming pool. It gives me a more warm feeling already.

As I said, rebuilding the whole lobby isn't really that necessary, but please make sure that the next time you will update/rebuild the main lobby, that it makes you feel more welcome. If it was your intention to chase away players to their game then gg well played. Mission accomplished. But let me remind you that a lot of players miss their old lobbies at this moment because of The Big Change. Atleast build a great welcoming main lobby without those depressive towers you will see when you join.

the lobby becomes a part of the networks image as it's the first thing you see, and changing it drastically can alienate people.

It's a part of the networks image yes but that doesn't make it feel inviting with all those depressive towers. Of course this is my opinion (and some others). Alienate people? I think you exaggerate a bit right there. I think players are really able to get used to good changes over time.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
It's a part of the networks image yes but that doesn't make it feel inviting with all those depressive towers. Of course this is my opinion (and some others). Alienate people? I think you exaggerate a bit right there. I think players are really able to get used to good changes over time.

It might be worth replying what makes a good lobby in your eyes, because if we don't agree then we cant really understand what makes a bad lobby, to me its colourful and fun to explore, its designed to work with the lobby games, I feel like it could have more things in it similar to the seasonal lobbies however those lobbies dont touch the buildings at all.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
It might be worth replying what makes a good lobby in your eyes, because if we don't agree then we cant really understand what makes a bad lobby, to me its colourful and fun to explore, its designed to work with the lobby games, I feel like it could have more things in it similar to the seasonal lobbies however those lobbies dont touch the buildings at all.
I think I already gave some hints, but here I go. Again this is my personal opinion.

For me a good lobby is a lobby where most of the people gets the feeling of being welcomed. No really tall buildings. It makes you feel small as you are in a metropol or something. I dislike the metropol theme of the main lobby. Like I said in my previous post it gives me a depressive feeling and I want to get away from it really quick to join a game or something. The theme I would like to see is more like Steampunk or Middle Ages with bridges, windmills, ponds and stuff. You can work with more warm colors in my opinion like brown(ish), red, orange, green and some blue. Of course you can build tall buildings with the Cube logo, but don't build too much. You can build houses so you have enough places to hide chests for Chest Chaser or something like that. The ponds with bridges around a castle maybe can be used for lobby fishing (also the water outside the main lobby). I'm sure there is also enough place for you to dig up some nice fossils.

Also, add some structures of the past. I mean things from old lobbies like Blockwars, Tower Defence, Arcade etc so people can recognize it. This is just an example and again this is my personal opinion, but I would like to see a lobby like that. I disagree with you that the lobby is colourful and fun to explore, but hey. Forums are here to agree and to disagree.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I think I already gave some hints, but here I go. Again this is my personal opinion.

For me a good lobby is a lobby where most of the people gets the feeling of being welcomed. No really tall buildings. It makes you feel small as you are in a metropol or something. I dislike the metropol theme of the main lobby. Like I said in my previous post it gives me a depressive feeling and I want to get away from it really quick to join a game or something. The theme I would like to see is more like Steampunk or Middle Ages with bridges, windmills, ponds and stuff. You can work with more warm colors in my opinion like brown(ish), red, orange, green and some blue. Of course you can build tall buildings with the Cube logo, but don't build too much. You can build houses so you have enough places to hide chests for Chest Chaser or something like that. The ponds with bridges around a castle maybe can be used for lobby fishing (also the water outside the main lobby). I'm sure there is also enough place for you to dig up some nice fossils.

Also, add some structures of the past. I mean things from old lobbies like Blockwars, Tower Defence, Arcade etc so people can recognize it. This is just an example and again this is my personal opinion, but I would like to see a lobby like that. I disagree with you that the lobby is colourful and fun to explore, but hey. Forums are here to agree and to disagree.
I agree with most of this, the stone flooring and terracotta buildings are quite industrial looking and it's not everyone's cup of tea. I think adding structures from old games, familiar stuff is a really solid idea, especially in reply to what I said about seasonal lobbies having many models and things to see but the current not, so this could definitely work to create an 'image' of the server in the hub. Good reply!

Reactions: PerryJ

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm voting yes, but I do not want to see this until other games get critical map updates to revive them. Only when that happens and they have nothing better to do than sure. The current lobby is OK, I actually prefer the OG lobby from back in 2017 if anyone remembers that one? I'd like to see a lobby more simple but fun, rather than modern and over-detailed.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on HyperPal's profile.
Thanks for the follow!! 🦦
Thjis wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Pluisje wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happy bday 🎂 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Thjis's profile.
Congratulations on 500 reaction score!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom