Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Yes, I totally do!

• I somewhat agree with some of your suggestions.

• No, I really don't.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Well you dont have data to refute remi’s statements...

But when there was a 90% sale on multipliers, they were being used way more than average. When the sale ended, you almost never saw multipliers being used. Id say that multipliers were actually used over 10 times more than normal prices, so lowering the prices would actually bring in more profit

Edit: In addition, when theres a multiplier on, more ppl will be enticed to play during that hour, maybe calling their friends or messaging them to get online because of the point multiplier. Even if cube makes a little less money, having more active multipliers would help the server grow. Plus, cube barely makes much from multipliers, because they are used so infrequently.

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Wait a moment, you're asking for a source while you posted this before:

You don't have anything to even proof the slighest thing you just said. What if 5 players buy it for €16 and 6 players buy it for €10? €80 is more than €60. You can't just make these statements out of nowhere because you don't have proof with actual numbers.
Cubecraft management however has the skill and the data to make these calculations. It's up to them and as @Zombiepower stated, I'm 100% Cubecraft thought and thinks about this a lot.
Look, those prices were examples. I could have mentioned that in my post, so that is my bad :s
However, how many times do you see any signs of point multipliers on the server? I play every day and I never see any active multipliers in the games in which you can activate them. Also, if you were a customer, would you rather buy multipliers which cost €4 (or something similar) or multipliers which cost €16? I believe more customers would buy multipliers if they'd cost €4-€8, instead of €16.
Sorry, but get your facts together. Not everyone shops at Jumbo, Albert Heijn is the biggest supermarket in the Netherlands.
Also, seriously, comparing Minecraft servers to supermarkets?
Have you read that phrase I posted? (I suppose you were typing while I posted that message)
They have decent quality for low prices! And Cube has decent quality for ridiculously high prices
Albert Heijn has pretty high quality for pretty high prices, but I mentioned Jumbo because I know more about Jumbo than about the AH, and I consider Jumbo a better supermarket. (But that's my opinion)
By the way, I don't want to compare everything about supermarkets to MineCraft servers. That was not really my main goal. I just wanted to compare certain prices to online things, because I think online products on this server are overpriced, compared to irl products.
These 2 kinds of business differ fundamentally. A minecraft server doesn't have production costs, no purchasing costs, a rank isn't needed on a daily basis, etc.
If a MineCraft server has no production/purchasing costs, why wouldn't it be worth trying?

I've heard you before making statements that lowering a price means more profit. That's is far from the truth. Lowering the price increases the sales, but decreases the money earned per sale. In the economics, it's called Elasticity, you should look it up if you didn't understand my post :)
I've never said the sales should stay the same. How about the 50% sales get reduced to 40% sales? If people complain, the staff team could mention that the prices were lowered, so the sales had to be lowered too.
Also, commenting on 'I've heard you before making statements that lowering a price means more profit. That's is far from the truth.'.
If you lower the prices (not too much because then your comment will be the truth), more players will probably buy the product. That's because you offer decent quality for a decent price. (Correct me if I'm wrong tho)

Reactions: Zombiepower

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Well you dont have data to refute remi’s statements...

But when there was a 90% sale on multipliers, they were being used way more than average. When the sale ended, you almost never saw multipliers being used. Id say that multipliers were actually used over 10 times more than normal prices, so lowering the prices would actually bring in more profit

Edit: In addition, when theres a multiplier on, more ppl will be enticed to play during that hour, maybe calling their friends or messaging them to get online because of the point multiplier. Even if cube makes a little less money, having more active multipliers would help the server grow. Plus, cube barely makes much from multipliers, because they are used so infrequently.

No, I don't have data to deny Remi's post, but Remi has no data whatsoever to even start a post like this. I'm just saying it's impossible to start a post like this because you can't know this kind of stuff. As I said, Cubecraft management has the only position to decide this kind of stuff, so these suggestions are pointless.
Given that the prices have been the same for a long time, either management is too lazy/unproffessional to think about this (which I don't believe), or the prices are about right to get the most profit.
You have a point that multipliers can increase the player count, but currently there isn't much to buy with points once you've got the starter stuff.

@SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP I have to go right now I'll reply to your post when I'm back

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Yes, some items in the store are too expensive, but if they make multipliers €2,- I think that would be too cheap, multipliers have to be special. I think €5,- per piece is a reasonable price.

GameSharkN64

Aug 25, 2018
Netherlands
\
Yes, some items in the store are too expensive, but if they make multipliers €2,- I think that would be too cheap, multipliers have to be special. I think €5,- per piece is a reasonable price.
€5 for an hour? Thats €1 per 12 minutes --> €0,50 per 6 minutes --> €0,25 per 3 minutes etc. xd

CasGamer175

Dec 23, 2018
The prices of the ranks have gone lower and lower after I bought the rank. I am nog happy with that because I bought diamond rank for 150 euros...

Fredd_WG

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2017
Ecuador
deberian establecer los precios de las cosas dependiendo de la economia de los paises ya que los sueldos de europa son mucho mayores que los de latinoamerica

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Look, those prices were examples. I could have mentioned that in my post, so that is my bad :s
However, how many times do you see any signs of point multipliers on the server? I play every day and I never see any active multipliers in the games in which you can activate them. Also, if you were a customer, would you rather buy multipliers which cost €4 (or something similar) or multipliers which cost €16? I believe more customers would buy multipliers if they'd cost €4-€8, instead of €16.

I never see point multipliers because I don't play on the server anymore :p
Point multipliers are indeed not popular, but you should also take into account that point are quite useless after you got the most important kits.
And yes, as a customer I would of course rather buy the items cheap, but we're talking about Cubecraft and what's best for their business.
Yes, more customers would buy but these customers would give Cubecraft less money, it's not about making the most customers happy ;)

Albert Heijn has pretty high quality for pretty high prices, but I mentioned Jumbo because I know more about Jumbo than about the AH, and I consider Jumbo a better supermarket. (But that's my opinion)
By the way, I don't want to compare everything about supermarkets to MineCraft servers. That was not really my main goal. I just wanted to compare certain prices to online things, because I think online products on this server are overpriced, compared to irl products.
Well, thanks for your opinion, but don't state it as a fact. Albert Heijn has high quality products compared to decent quality product of Jumbo? Both supermarkets have the standard A-brands, some B-brands, C-brands, etc.
Yes, online products are way more expensive than irl products because irl products are needed on a daily basis to survive (food) but you don't need online products to survive at all (rank). Comparing these prices shows nothing.

If a MineCraft server has no production/purchasing costs, why wouldn't it be worth trying?
Why wouldn't it be worth trying? So you're saying just lower the price to try it out? That wouldn't be a good idea, because people who would buy a rank in the future would buy it then for a lot less money, thus bringing the future of Cubecraft in danger when they lose a big part of their future buyers.
I've never said the sales should stay the same. How about the 50% sales get reduced to 40% sales? If people complain, the staff team could mention that the prices were lowered, so the sales had to be lowered too.
Also, commenting on 'I've heard you before making statements that lowering a price means more profit. That's is far from the truth.'.
If you lower the prices (not too much because then your comment will be the truth), more players will probably buy the product. That's because you offer decent quality for a decent price. (Correct me if I'm wrong tho)

I really don't try to insult or offend you in any way, but do you know where you are talking about?
The prices are reduced, so the sales reduce as well? It's the other way around, prices are reduced so the sales are increased (more people buy because it's cheaper).
And yes, if you lower the prices, more people will buy the product. But you don't seem to get that when you count it up, you might lose money in total.
I'll try to explain it with an example. Yes, that's just an example I made up and I have no proof or source to support any of these numbers, but I'm trying to explain why lowering prices doesn't always give more profit:
Price of obsidian rank: € 150, 100 people buy it, so in total Cubecraft earns €15.000. Then the prices are lowered, more people will buy it:
Price of obsidian rank: € 100, 140 people buy it, so in total Cubecraft earns €14.000. This means Cubecraft earns less money.

Two last things to take into account about this:
1. There are sales, if Cubecraft lowers the prices, they can't do sales anymore, and sales are a great way of making money (people who might want to buy a rank will do it before the sale ends).
2. If you lower the price, more people buy a rank, so that means there are less people who can buy a rank in the future. This brings the future of Cubecraft in danger.

Conclusion:
Lowering the prices may or may not be a good thing to do for Cubecraft. We, as normal players, can only make guesses about it. Cubecraft will calculate all this and keep the prices how they want it. They may seem ridiculously high to you, but so far Cubecraft has survived with these prices. It's impossible for any player to say whether Cubecraft should change their prices or not, because apart from the price, there are countless other factors:
How well does the economy do in general, playerbase of Minecraft, playerbase of Cubecraft, inflation / deflation of money, quality of ranks, and so on.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Lowering the prices might not mean cubecraft gets less money, its really just a gamble. If enough people buy the ranks at the lower price, then cube will actually make money. Plus, having more ranked people on the server means that new people have a higher chance to play in voted for gamemodes.

In addition, if you bought a rank on cubecraft, you would be more likely to play on cubecraft instead of say, hypixel.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom