Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

wTBone

Aug 11, 2022
Hello Cubecraft!

From my experience and asking other Cubecraft active Cubecraft speedrunners and scrimmers I have made a list of QOL and important bug fixes and changes on the server. Of course, some of these may already be known to the staff but I am just comprising a list of them. As some of you may know, every second of speedrunning, especially in skywars and eggwars, is very important. These bugs and changes may help precious time and help even out some time gaps in speedrunning. I would also like to state that I am very aware that the developers are busy with the 1.19 update and any non-game-breaking bugs are in backlog, and the staff team is likley aware with at least 3-4 things stated on the list. First off, let's start off with some changes wanted in eggwars. (This is a bedrock only thread)

Eggwars Changes

Blocks do not open eggwars shop/generators
I have already made a thread about this bug; however, it did not gain that much attention from other people. Placing blocks near shops/generators has made me lose several scrims and fast speedruns from me opening the shop/generator when I am trying to place blocks. This bug is definitely prominent on maps like Modern (duos), where the shop is placed close to the void, and when I am trying to clutch I open the shop instead. Of course, this feature may be an annoyance to new players or other players who do not find this as annoying, so it could just be a toggleable feature in settings.
Changes to the map Sun (solos)
Sun, which is arguably the fastest solos map for speedrunning, has 2 things that make it really annoying for speedrunners. Which is, the tremendously large void, and the blocks next to the shop which were added later on. The large void makes it really annoying as this is one of the most used tools speedrunners use as it instantly kills their opponent. However, on the map Sun, it takes a good 5 or 6 seconds for your opponent to die in the void, which is a very important time as in a good speedrun, you will need to eliminate at least 6 teams. The second needed change is the blocks added later on near the shop which are a nuisance to speedrunners as some players use these blocks to their advantage, and ruin the entire run. Other players with better gear like to stay or “camp” in the corner to avoid being knocked into the void, and players who do this cause speedrunners to lose 15+ seconds to their run, which deems the run useless. Of course, these blocks were likely added to keep players from easily being knocked into the void, which is very reasonable, but it completely eliminates the possibility of knocking the player into the void in that area. My solution to this is to perhaps add one layer of blocks at the bottom, making the opposing players need to get the players in the air to knock them in the void.

General Cubecraft Bugs

The Void Glitch
Many of you have likely encountered the glitch in which upon entering a game of eggwars (this glitch likely happens in other game modes) you cannot see anything except the void and cannot move. To the community, this glitch is known as the “void glitch” and to other players, you are just suspended in air where your cage was. To those who may be wondering, there are two solutions to fix this glitch: first would be to just leave the game if you see you have void glitch. The second solution is to die, and the only way your teammates can kill you is by placing a ladder builder below where you are suspended, and then you will die from suffocation. This obviously, is a very annoying glitch, especially if you are partied or are scrimming. I know that the staff team is likely very aware of this glitch, but I just wanted to make sure this glitch will get fixed soon.
Auto-Consume of food upon opening UI
I don't really know a good name for this bug, but this bug is quite annoying. Holding a food item in your hand, and then opening a UI or menu such as your inventory, will auto-consume the food in your hand upon exiting the UI. This happens without the intent of the player. This bug has been around for a very long time and gets very annoying — especially when it happens with golden apples or other hard-to-get foods. Again, the staff team is likely aware of this bug but I want this to get resolved.
Auto-Selection of first UI slot (this is mainly a problem with the eggwars shop). “Shop Glitch”
Again, there is not a good name for this “bug” (it’s more like an unintended side effect); however, if you have ever tried quickly buying multiple of an item in the eggwars shop, like blocks, and you end up buying multiple of the first item in the menu, you are experiencing this glitch. This is definitely more prone to happening with screen animations turned off (spamming items is quicker). This glitch is definitely an annoyance to many speedrunners, as in their favorite items slot, they have the first item as a sword or pickaxe. When doing some testing with this glitch, I have found this is not a Cubecraft bug, but a Minecraft thing (not really a bug in minecraft itself, as this is likely an intended behavior). Basically, whenever you open a menu/UI in minecraft, it auto-selects the first slot of the UI, this happens with the chest UI, as well as the Cubecraft UIs. And when you happen to buy an item, the first slot gets auto-selected because of the behavior of the UIs. My temporary solution to this bug is to either move the mouse cursor around in the UI box while spamming an item (which doesn’t work all the time as this “feature” is buggy) or to change your first favorite item slot to blocks, since this is normally what you are quickly buying. However, I doubt this will get fixed as this is a side-effect of a Minecraft feature, and not a Cubecraft bug.
Ghost Block Rendering Glitch
This bug has been around since I started playing Cubecraft, and it may be because this bug is hard to fix. So, there is a likely chance this bug will not be fixed anytime soon. Maybe it will in 1.19. Many of you have probably encountered this bug, where the blocks placed in the previous game are briefly shown on your screen (but you can walk through them, since they do not exist) if you look in a certain direction. Now, this is not super annoying, but it is annoying if you play the same map 2 consecutive times, as a couple times I have died in the void by trying to walk on these blocks that are not real. This bug is probably already known by the staff team.

Other wanted Changes

Private Servers/Games
This could deserve a thread of its own, but I wanted to include it on this list. This feature would definitely be helpful in many ways, especially for scrimmers or streamers. The ability to create your own matches or games would tremendously help scrimming in general. The possibility of the creation of a game, with only select people being able to join, would make it easy to do 1v1s, scrims, or even streams. This feature may already be in consideration with the staff team, but as the developers are busy with 1.19 and other new updates it would not be added until maybe eggwars season 3.
Hardcore mode in Lucky Blocks
This is completely based on my own experience, but I have always wanted a Hardcore mode in Lucky Blocks for things like speedrunning. Speedrunning Lucky Blocks is completely based on luck (crazy right?). Maybe even the large gap in Lucky Blocks speedrunning a hardcore mode may help. This would make your opponents less lucky and the run less lenient on Lucky Blocks. And of course, almost every other gamemode has a hardcore mode.
Cake and Water False Ban
I do not recommend trying this yourself, as you will likley get banned. I will not go into how this glitch works, as I don't want people being tricked into getting banned. I just want this to be fixed (it could be already, but I don't know because I don't want to find out) so there will not be anymore false bans, especially against innocent players being tricked into getting banned. The staff team should already be super aware of this as several people have already been banned from this glitch.

Other Cubecraft suggestions forum posts:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-the-skyblock-rank-more-usefull.334804/

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/leaderboard-for-fastest-times-in-competitive-parkour.334672/

Thank you for reading this forum post, I know that most of y'all skimmed through this, I wrote a lot. I just want to make this clear, this is literally everything I could find that Cubecraft needs to change, this is a great server and has almost no problems compared to other popular servers. The Cubecraft community is the best.

--wTBone

PS - If you disagree with any of this, feel free to tell me, I want to know what the rest of the community thinks :)

Last edited:

wTBone

Aug 11, 2022
I am already aware of bug reports, but since the staff team already knows about most of the bugs, there is not a point in reporting. And, like I said before, all of the non-game-breaking bugs are in backlog because the developers are busy with the 1.19 update.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I am already aware of bug reports, but since the staff team already knows about most of the bugs, there is not a point in reporting. And, like I said before, all of the non-game-breaking bugs are in backlog because the developers are busy with the 1.19 update.
then what is the point in putting the bugs in a suggestion? "oh hey they are aware of the bugs just dont have the time to fix them, lets put it in a suggestion thread since thatll help!"

Reactions: Lyriie

wTBone

Aug 11, 2022
then what is the point in putting the bugs in a suggestion? "oh hey they are aware of the bugs just dont have the time to fix them, lets put it in a suggestion thread since thatll help!"
To put them in the context of speedrunning, and they have all been around for more than 3 years (excluding the UI glitch). It was not a convient time to make this thread, but since the bugs have been around for so long, I just want to show how they affect speedrunning and other aspects of the community. I know the bugs at this point are not really a suggestion, but I put them in this thread because it goes in with the relation with speedrunning, and all of the bugs get in the way of speedrunning.

Reactions: Keanu

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
To put them in the context of speedrunning, and they have all been around for more than 3 years (excluding the UI glitch). It was not a convient time to make this thread, but since the bugs have been around for so long, I just want to show how they affect speedrunning and other aspects of the community. I know the bugs at this point are not really a suggestion, but I put them in this thread because it goes in with the relation with speedrunning, and all of the bugs get in the way of speedrunning.
Speedrunners is a very select group of people. I think that at any given time, it is much more beneficial to focus on stuff that'll affect more than a handful of people.
I understand that that's frustrating for you, however I can bet that there are other issues which affect more people, so logically should require attention sooner. Let's not forget the average Bedrock player are very casual players who play to escape reality rather than being competitive and actually wanting to win.

Just my POV with the stuff you mentioned;
The Void Glitch
Average player will just rejoin. Sure, it's annoying as hell and should definitely get looked at, however it's not as urgent as other stuff.

Auto-Consume of food upon opening UI
Can see how this might affect gameplay, having this one looked at is fair. Out of curiosity, are you able to switch items in your hotbar to cancel the eating? And is this an issue with ender pearls as well?

Auto-Selection of first UI slot (this is mainly a problem with the eggwars shop). “Shop Glitch”
You're best off reporting this one to Mojang rather than here, not sure where since I don't really play anymore but google is your best friend

Ghost Block Rendering Glitch
Hmm, never heard of this one. Sounds like a local cache thing to be fair. Can't comment too much on this one, sorry.

By the way, "it’s more like an unintended side effect" that's the definition of a bug :p

Reactions: wTBone
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom