Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Please select the ideas you think should be added!

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JvwerMcGames

Jan 12, 2016
The Netherlands
So I decided to make a thread about parties! There are many threads about making changes how parties work on CubeCraft. Here a list with already suggested party things that I really like plus a suggestion of mine.

Already suggested things that I really like!
[Escalated] - Problem with Play again while in a party and joining a map with smaller team-size than the party size.
Game spectating: Let people, when joining the party, be a spectator if there's an ongoing game.

My suggestion
I would love to see a feature to let friends join my party without inviting everyone one by one. So instead of inviting friends I could just have a party (with no one in it) and when friends feel like joining, they can do so by doing /p(arty) join JvwerMcGames. Let me explain this idea in more detail:

Create a party
/p(arty) create creates a party with only you in it. If a friend types /f list they will see a small indicator that a friend is in an open party. ex (JvwerMcGames - Main lobby - In <Open/Friend/Closed> Party). (Extra feature: Hovering over the party text shows who are currently in the party)

Joining a party
/p(arty) join JvwerMcGames will join the party of JvwerMcGames if they have a party open for friends.

Party visibility
/p(arty) set <open/friend(s)/closed> sets the party to the given mode:
  • Open: Everyone can join by doing /p(arty) join <username> (This is amazing for big events! Instead of dropping 30 usernames everyone can join by typing this command.) OR (If someone is looking for a teammate for egg-wars)
  • Friend(s): Everyone can join if they're a friend by doing /p(arty) join <friend_username>
  • Closed: Nobody can join by doing /p(arty) join
  • Of course, it's still possible to send an invite to everyone.
Party requests
/p(arty) requests toggles a boolean that the party owners needs to accept people who are trying to join.
ex:
/p request(s) -> Party requests are now turned ON
/p join JvwerMcGames -> Party request sent, JvwerMcGames needs to accept your request!
JvwerMcGames can accept a player by clicking the accept text in the chat.
/p request(s) -> Party requests are now turned OFF
/p join JvwerMcGames -> You joined the party!

Party Password
/p(arty) password <password> protects the party with a password. (idk if this is necessary)
/p join JvwerMcGames -> This party is password protected!
/p join JvwerMcGames VerySexyParty -> You joined the party!

Notes and questions:
  • Open party could also be named Public
  • What about friends of friends?
  • Too complex?

I think this system will make it so much easier to play with friends. If your Minecraft game crashed and some friends are in a really intense Eggwars game, it's very convenient to join your friend's party again. And maybe with the Spectate suggestion it's possible to spectate your friends winning that amazing intense game!

Please let me know what you think and if you have something to add!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I wouldn't like to have parties work this way mainly because players would start advertising their parties in lobbies, which is something rather common in other servers, I also don't really see any meaningful benefits to this. The current system works just fine. But I do like the other suggestions you listed.

Reactions: East

Mara_Dibella

Nov 23, 2019
To be honest I don't see a meaningful change in this. Things will get complicated with the parties.
It is a no for me, it should remain the same.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Some things would be a wonderful add-on for the server. But we have to keep in simple, it's just party and besides the annoying bugs that players doesn't join the game when they accepted when they were in a game themselves. The party system works just fine.
The idea you'd only join a game with sizes that fit your party is great! The open-friends-closed party things is just too complicated. Just ask if you can join the party.
And password, come on. Really, That's just making it overcomplicated. Sorry, but I'll be voting no :p

D

Deleted member 469419

/p(arty) password <password> protects the party with a password. (idk if this is necessary)
Basically what you're proposing is just like now, but to the other way. Isn't more simple the current system? no passwords, no-wished joins...?

Now it's so simple as /p invite <wished player>, you don't need any password and you invite who you want.

I see it good as it is to be honest, sorry, but this a NO from me.

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
Party requests
/p(arty) requests toggles a boolean that the party owners needs to accept people who are trying to join.
ex:
/p request(s) -> Party requests are now turned ON
/p join JvwerMcGames -> Party request sent, JvwerMcGames needs to accept your request!
JvwerMcGames can accept a player by clicking the accept text in the chat.
/p request(s) -> Party requests are now turned OFF
/p join JvwerMcGames -> You joined the party!

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/p-request-name.239139/page-2#post-1144039
this is what i suggested...

Reactions: JvwerMcGames
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
Top Bottom