Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
Hi,

I have noticed that there have been added translations to Cubecraft since some weeks, awesome! The language Cubecraft chooses for me is Dutch. I suppose that it is based on my geographical position since I live in Amsterdam and thus my IP address is Dutch. However, the language in my Minecraft settings is Spanish because I am Spanish.

Could it be possible for Cubecraft to not base the language on geographical location but on the Minecraft language settings of the player?

- Jordi

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
Sure. As a matter of fact, I already changed it. It is just a suggestion to the developers so that we don't force the player to set his language two times, both for Minecraft itself and Cubecraft, but just once in the MC settings. If he or she decides later to change the MC language, the Cubecraft language will update as well. It's not huge of a deal, but IMHO it would be a better model.

Edit: Is there a developer mailing list to which I could subscribe? I am a developer myself and I am more than willing to do some bugfixes here and there.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
If the in-game languages would change as soon as you change your language in your Minecraft settings, there would have to be an in-game version for a lot (too much) languages. Also, the in-game languages don't change automatically based on your location or IP. Why your language changed is a mystery. ;)

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
> there would have to be an in-game version for a lot (too much) languages

Ah yes, good point. However, I think we could adopt the Minecraft settings language and fallback to our current language retrieval approach if the player's Minecraft language is not available. What do you think?

> Also, the in-game languages don't change automatically based on your location or IP. Why your language changed is a mystery.

Hmm.. if it's not based on location, where is it based on? Just curious ^^

LooksLikeHacks

> there would have to be an in-game version for a lot (too much) languages

Ah yes, good point. However, I think we could adopt the Minecraft settings language and fallback to our current language retrieval approach if the player's Minecraft language is not available. What do you think?

> Also, the in-game languages don't change automatically based on your location or IP. Why your language changed is a mystery.

Hmm.. if it's not based on location, where is it based on? Just curious ^^
Im from the netherlands and my language was English. English is the default language so it isnt based on your ip.
You must have changed it too Dutch.

I hope this will help you :)

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
I don't know why that happened to you. I just asked one of you dutch staff members and their language was still english after we realeased the option to change your language.
You can easily change it as explained above :)

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom