In A Box In San Francisco
look what happens if you type /ccgnglobal:col
this is what comes up the same command but look at the difference
one is the American spelling the other is Canadian and European
2016-11-02_17.25.26.png

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
As you said, 'color' is the preferred spelling in American English while 'colour' is the preferred spelling in all other varieties of English.
While I don't understand anything about codes and plug-ins, I believe this is related with the command to change your nick colour '/colour' or '/color'. Both commands were made to make it comfortable for everyone with different ways of writing 'colour' or 'color'.

About this thread, why did you make it?

Reactions: Ping Ether

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
As you said, 'color' is the preferred spelling in American English while 'colour' is the preferred spelling in all other varieties of English.
While I don't understand anything about codes and plug-ins, I believe this is related with the command to change your nick colour '/colour' or '/color'. Both commands were made to make it comfortable for everyone with different ways of writing 'colour' or 'color'.

About this thread, why did you make it?
just to talk about the case
and though that may be true it doesn't change that if i look through the list of commands total this is the only one that it states 2 different counties' languages for the same command when it is the same language

and besides it is an american pluggin unless planet minecraft is lying to me right now

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
that may be true
It is
it doesn't change that if i look through the list of commands total this is the only one that it states 2 different counties' languages for the same command when it is the same language
There are a lot of countries that are sharing the same language. Sometimes, it's exactly the same, but sometimes there are accents, word changes, spellings changes, complete new words or forgotten words between two countries. Today, for example, I, a Dutch-speaking person from Belgium, was talking to zDutchie, a Dutch-speaking person from the Netherlands, and I used a word she had never heard before. (Gosh that was a long sentence)
We then found out that it was a word that only Belgian people use. This is a relatable situation. People from Great Britain most of the time to always use 'Colour' instead of 'Color', whilst people from America most of the time to always use 'Color' instead of 'Colour'. Both are individually correct.
this is the only one that it states 2 different counties' languages for the same command when it is the same language
I doubt you can find another command which has two possible spellings.

Reactions: Komodо

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
There are a lot of countries that are sharing the same language. Sometimes, it's exactly the same, but sometimes there are accents, word changes, spellings changes, complete new words or forgotten words between two countries. Today, for example, I, a Dutch-speaking person from Belgium, was talking to zDutchie, a Dutch-speaking person from the Netherlands, and I used a word she had never heard before. (Gosh that was a long sentence)
We then found out that it was a word that only Belgian people use. This is a relatable situation. People from Great Britain most of the time to always use 'Colour' instead of 'Color', whilst people from America most of the time to always use 'Color' instead of 'Colour'. Both are individually correct.

well that being the case doesn't mean that it is the same because the command is simply stating it is multicultural except it is in the same language so the fact that one would go out of their way to code in the same thing in a different variation of the word says otherwise and i wouldn't be going into different languages if i was you, because if so then the WHOLE pluggin would be spelled differently because it is a different language for example lets say a bukkitpluggin added this command: "/yes" if there was a French version it would be "/we" [also /we is another command on the server which is part of world:edit just to clarify so this still is a valid example] and is there was a Spanish version it would be "/si" if there was a German version it would be "/ya" and if there was a Dutch version it would be "/ja" ect. but there isn't, so that part of the statement isn't the case and nonetheless one doesn't simply say the same thing if they aren't that case for example: if i went to Italy and Spoke in Welsh then the chances are the people i am talking to don't know what i am saying but if you are Australian but you say everything in American such as the "Original Football" said in America is "Soccer" so keeping this example that you are Australian and you say everything the american way and i showed you a note that said "Color" on it so you know what it says then the other part of the note says "Colour" [now this isn't the best of examples because of their similarities and that you were already showed the term you are familiar with in other contexts it wouldn't be so obvious] Hypothetically you wouldn't realise that you are reading the same word just in different forms of English however because Canada is a "Lesser Country" than the U.S.A. so any Canadian would still know the difference at their "Reading Age"so the fact that it is like that is less explainable than you think

I doubt you can find another command which has two possible spellings.
i already said that

the way i said it was a figure of speech -_- think before you type that was't that hard to figure out
also my point contradicts yours

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
a French version it would be "/we"
Oui*
German version it would be "/ya"
Ja*

Well, I didn't want to go this deep into a discussion, but I'll keep it simple. We both agree that the command should be in English, right? If so, who decides which spelling is correct? Both 'color' and 'colour' are correct English.

Let's not argue over this, commands for both Americans and British people, let's celebrate, woo. :p:fantamug:
ok xD

Reactions: Ping Ether
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on DonovanSus's profile.