Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
CubeCraft should just extend the report system ingame, make it available for everyone and add a replay system. Creating the evidence and reporting them on a website then is the worst way possible.
Therefore any attempts to report a player which is not with /report would be invalid since it's totally exploitable because the evidence could be faked.

I could easily ask a friend to download CubeCraft SkyWars maps, remake the base game so there won't be any visual difference in the fake evidence, turning the server cracked so I can join with the name of someone I don't like and want to get banned on CubeCraft, use their skin with a serverside skin plugin and letting the account cheat.

Put the Game ID in the scoreboard in every game. The replay system will record every game which can be seen when typing "/replay <Game ID>".
A replay system and a proper /report ingame would give both staff and players a big advantage and takes away a lot of unnecessary work.
The current way how to report players for now is completely stupid and inefficient. I honestly rather keeping players break the rules instead doing that work.
It's that easy. I just don't see the reason to do the work a mod should usually do, it's not worth my time doing all that stuff. I just wanna play. But no, CubeCraft needs to make reporting players as complicated as possible.
In a replay you would be able to pause, fast forward, rewind, making the replay faster or slower. And you can even easily catch a rule breaker in that game which didn't got reported. Isn't that great?

The report system should get specified reasons like "Cheating, Teaming, Trolling, Camping" and more what could be punishable. If you click "Cheating", you will be redirected to the menu wth "Kill Aura, Anti Knockback" ... you get what I mean. And since there would be a replay system then, make reporting possible even when the player isn't on that server anymore and stop closing reports when the player disconnects entirely from CubeCraft because the evidence would be still there in the specific replay. A reported player would give the Game ID to see the replay in the report info.

I will now refute a few "arguments" against it.

/report for everyone
"But then we will get so many reports and that will be too much."

Mods, please. That's literally your job beside other tasks. And if you're not able to handle that stuff and work efficient and flexible, you are just not suitable for being mod.
And you also won't have so many reports. Look at Hypixel; they got about 100k players per day and you don't need a rank to use /report. They get a lot of reports. Compare it with the 2k-3k users on CubeCraft. That's nothing compared to them. I also was handling all that stuff and more on a 1k+ player server and it was easily doable.
Why are regular players excluded from it and have to do more work? I ask that as a ranked player because it's just awful and disgusting to earn money from players buying Iron wanting access to /report.

Replay system
"A replay system would be unnecessary work for the developers." "There are replay mods./Use OBS."

First of all, there would be no difference at all with a replay mod and external recording software because both can be used to fake evidence.
If you tell as a mod that it's unnecessary work, then you probably just don't want to work but game on the server with your shiny golden name. A serverside replay system IS the safest and easiest way to prevent fake reports and gives the most accurate result to see if someone was cheating or not. GommeHD and Hypixel have a very accurate replay system and it just works like a charm. Just. Prevent. Fake evidences.

Fake evidence
"I don't think we're getting fake evidence."

How would you even know? It could be that there's very few fake evidence or even none but that still doesn't change anything because it's still possible to report with fake evidence.
Just the possibility is security concerning enough. Like I said, I could easily do that and no one will even notice. Saying that probably will make me be excluded from reporting on the website because the risk may be too high now that I put fake evidence there but I wouldn't use it anyways since it's bad and not worth wasting my time doing the mods work.

With that said, CubeCraft should stop accepting screenshots, videos etc.
Now that's probably all I have to say if I didn't forgot anything.

Yours sincerely,
a well experienced game designer, lvminary

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I want to briefly comment on something:

A serverside replay system IS the safest and easiest way to prevent fake reports and gives the most accurate result to see if someone was cheating or not.
Accurate, yes. Easiest, absolutely not. If you're wanting to have a Replay System for a relatively small server then different considerations will be needed to be made. However, for a network of our size, we'll need to consider scalability, which is a massive feat for something that stores this much data. As a small idea of how much storage, you can take a look at Hypixel's Atlas and how much data that stores, though it is very optimised.

In the past three weeks...
As much as it's an awesome idea that provides massive benefits from moderation to content creation like mentioned in your response, it is similarly a massive technical challenge.

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
Easiest, absolutely not
Agreed on the dev's side. But on the mod's side it'd be a great way to handle reports. I really think you guys can do something about that. And I wouldn't even compare Hypixel with CubeCraft because GommeHD was the first server with a replay system and they're as big as CubeCraft. 1.12.2 is also considered being the most performant version of the game, clientside and serverside (correct me if I'm wrong). It's definitely doable and I think it should be done, honestly.

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Having a replay system would probably be very difficult for the developers. Most of the Cubecraft community plays in Minecraft Bedrock, and it can be very difficult to make decent addons, or ones that aren't buggy. Let alone a whole replay system. I'll leave an unsure reaction right now.

Cool idea though

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
Having a replay system would probably be very difficult for the developers. Most of the Cubecraft community plays in Minecraft Bedrock, and it can be very difficult to make decent addons, or ones that aren't buggy. Let alone a whole replay system. I'll leave an unsure reaction right now.

Cool idea though
This is for Java.

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I honestly feel like there is no reason to add such a thing. In my opinion the system how it is right now works great! I feel like the mods aren't the lazy people, its the people not willing to put effort in making a report.
Besides I have never heard of a fake report and of course this system would prevent it from happening, but all that effort for that one rare fake report?
Also, have you thought about server lagg that might occur even more often?
So making this a thing, considering the huge amount of effort and the small amount of profit, is in my opinion not the best thing to do.
I still like the idea tho! :D

Reactions: Silco

Daanfkyy

Sep 6, 2017
Mavoland
CubeCraft should just extend the report system ingame, make it available for everyone and add a replay system. Creating the evidence and reporting them on a website then is the worst way possible.
Therefore any attempts to report a player which is not with /report would be invalid since it's totally exploitable because the evidence could be faked.

I could easily ask a friend to download CubeCraft SkyWars maps, remake the base game so there won't be any visual difference in the fake evidence, turning the server cracked so I can join with the name of someone I don't like and want to get banned on CubeCraft, use their skin with a serverside skin plugin and letting the account cheat.

Put the Game ID in the scoreboard in every game. The replay system will record every game which can be seen when typing "/replay <Game ID>".
A replay system and a proper /report ingame would give both staff and players a big advantage and takes away a lot of unnecessary work.
The current way how to report players for now is completely stupid and inefficient. I honestly rather keeping players break the rules instead doing that work.
It's that easy. I just don't see the reason to do the work a mod should usually do, it's not worth my time doing all that stuff. I just wanna play. But no, CubeCraft needs to make reporting players as complicated as possible.
In a replay you would be able to pause, fast forward, rewind, making the replay faster or slower. And you can even easily catch a rule breaker in that game which didn't got reported. Isn't that great?

The report system should get specified reasons like "Cheating, Teaming, Trolling, Camping" and more what could be punishable. If you click "Cheating", you will be redirected to the menu wth "Kill Aura, Anti Knockback" ... you get what I mean. And since there would be a replay system then, make reporting possible even when the player isn't on that server anymore and stop closing reports when the player disconnects entirely from CubeCraft because the evidence would be still there in the specific replay. A reported player would give the Game ID to see the replay in the report info.

I will now refute a few "arguments" against it.

/report for everyone

Mods, please. That's literally your job beside other tasks. And if you're not able to handle that stuff and work efficient and flexible, you are just not suitable for being mod.
And you also won't have so many reports. Look at Hypixel; they got about 100k players per day and you don't need a rank to use /report. They get a lot of reports. Compare it with the 2k-3k users on CubeCraft. That's nothing compared to them. I also was handling all that stuff and more on a 1k+ player server and it was easily doable.
Why are regular players excluded from it and have to do more work? I ask that as a ranked player because it's just awful and disgusting to earn money from players buying Iron wanting access to /report.

Replay system
"A replay system would be unnecessary work for the developers." "There are replay mods./Use OBS."

First of all, there would be no difference at all with a replay mod and external recording software because both can be used to fake evidence.
If you tell as a mod that it's unnecessary work, then you probably just don't want to work but game on the server with your shiny golden name. A serverside replay system IS the safest and easiest way to prevent fake reports and gives the most accurate result to see if someone was cheating or not. GommeHD and Hypixel have a very accurate replay system and it just works like a charm. Just. Prevent. Fake evidences.

Fake evidence
"I don't think we're getting fake evidence."

How would you even know? It could be that there's very few fake evidence or even none but that still doesn't change anything because it's still possible to report with fake evidence.
Just the possibility is security concerning enough. Like I said, I could easily do that and no one will even notice. Saying that probably will make me be excluded from reporting on the website because the risk may be too high now that I put fake evidence there but I wouldn't use it anyways since it's bad and not worth wasting my time doing the mods work.

With that said, CubeCraft should stop accepting screenshots, videos etc.
Now that's probably all I have to say if I didn't forgot anything.

Yours sincerely,
a well experienced game designer, lvminary
This would, first of all, be very hard to develop. And second of all, as you pointed out, even for the best mods it would be very hard to manage all the reports, don't forget that there will be a lot f people just reporting their friends as a joke. And even if it would be added, the Cubecraft team would have to hire a LOT more mods.

Jul 5, 2021
Texas 🤠
Pronouns
He/They
/report for everyone

Maybe Cube could hire special report verifiers .

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
I could easily ask a friend to download CubeCraft SkyWars maps, remake the base game so there won't be any visual difference in the fake evidence, turning the server cracked so I can join with the name of someone I don't like and want to get banned on CubeCraft, use their skin with a serverside skin plugin and letting the account cheat
“Easily”

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom