Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
My respect for the devs is huge, but this kb really isn't what we asked for at all. I had absolutely no problem with the old knockback, other than the fact that it was a bit randomized at times. and before you quote this post, yes I know that the new kb is less randomized. but they added combos, removed sprint reset, and (from what I heard, not sure about this one) removed crits. You completely changed it.

Mostly vanilla kb was what made me choose cubecraft over other servers. When I heard you were fixing it, I was really happy at first, until I learned that that meant you were completely redoing it.

I'd really appreciate it if you simply fixed the old kb, rather than making a brand new one.
Our knockback was taken directly from our Java 1.9 server. This knockback was not compatible at all with Bedrock as it was buggy, randomized and minimal. Custom KB was needed as the old KB is just too broken to just be “fixed”.

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
Woop Woop this shall be cool. Idk if i prefer the old or new but the devs have put in a load of work into this to make it good.
Yeah this is cool, yeah it has its floors. I don't mind it, it makes more of a challenge fighting my own platform.

Great job devs!

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
Looks really great! let's test it out may I say now haha. Everyone enjoy it. :D

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I'm gonna be honest in my thought process here.

The people crying about platform based matchmaking are mostly mouse and keyboard players getting angry that they no longer have easy games against mobile players.

It cant be that bad because you can still que duos or squads with someone on another platform.
The issue people have is mouse and keyboard vs mouse and keyboard makes games a lot harder and it now takes skill to win :)

Hive has had platform based (skill based) matchmaking for a while now and no one seems to complain?

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I think that this is a bit bad. I don’t like how each device is separated. The whole point of bedrock is for everyone to play together and have fun as a whole. But this just ruined that for us
But everyone can still play together? You can still que games with a player on another platform? :)
All you have to do is invite them to your party!

____

Sep 14, 2019
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mobile.twitter.com
Promising update! Definitely trying this out later today. I'll edit this post as soon as I have more to add :)
I felt I could use some more challenge, and this is perfectly well balanced with this update. The knockback feels virtually as natural as 1.8 (although it could undoubtedly use a few more tweaks; bows dealing too much knockback). The so-called 'Entity Smoothing' seems like a minor adjustment, but it really changes - and adds so much to - the player experience.

Ultimately, I would like to offer my genuine compliments to everyone who has contributed to this journey - such impactful changes are no easy feat to implement so faultlessly, but this is truly a wonderful result that will benefit players immensely.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lime and Keanu
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom