Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Two ways you can complete this event:
A. The intended, and more challenging way
B. Using extreme amounts of cheese

As you guessed, you have to walk around and look for it. Use your eyes if it helps. Get that cardio going!
I see you want to learn the cheesiest of cheese.
So, I must note: You'll probably have to have all particles on. The chest has a strange firework-esque cloud around it which consists of a lot of particles.
Here's the thing that makes it all work: The particles load in when you're roughly 20 blocks away from it.
Knowing this, here's a quick fact:
F3 can tell you how many particles are loaded around you at all times. The number here marks the partical count:
upload_2018-2-7_18-53-15.png

The number after the "P:" in the top left of your F3 screen represents the amount of loaded particles around you.
In the lobby, the average amount without any other players loaded swings around the 10 unless you're using a trail of some sorts.
Using the aforementioned knowledge, we can conclude that the particle count must boost up by a lot when you're around a Chest Chaser chest. This means that you can use that particle count as a potential radar that determines whether you're close to the chest or not.
If you get decently close to the chest (~20 blocks as I mentioned earlier), your particle count will skyrocket to the 200's.
upload_2018-2-7_18-56-35.png

Here you can see that the particle count jumped up to 172
Just run around with the F3 screen active and wait till you see your particle count gets boosted. That's the cheesiest way you can do this!

Note: Near water, your particle count might go pretty high. This is because water produces tiny gray particles. You'll be able to see those if you look closely into the water. A way around this, is to use optifine to disable that particle type. If you don't know which one it is, just go around and disable all particles except for the redstone animated particles, as those are the ones being used for the chest.

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

As you guessed, you have to walk around and look for it. Use your eyes if it helps. Get that cardio going!
So, I must note: You'll probably have to have all particles on. The chest has a strange firework-esque cloud around it which consists of a lot of particles.
Here's the thing that makes it all work: The particles load in when you're roughly 20 blocks away from it.
F3 can tell you how many particles are loaded around you at all times. The number here marks the partical count:
View attachment 142020
The number after the "P:" in the top left of your F3 screen represents the amount of loaded particles around you.
In the lobby, the average amount without any other players loaded swings around the 10 unless you're using a trail of some sorts.
Using the aforementioned knowledge, we can conclude that the particle count must boost up by a lot when you're around a Chest Chaser chest. This means that you can use that particle count as a potential radar that determines whether you're close to the chest or not.
If you get decently close to the chest (~20 blocks as I mentioned earlier), your particle count will skyrocket to the 200's.
View attachment 142021
Just run around with the F3 screen active and wait till you see your particle count gets boosted. That's the cheesiest way you can do this!
Cool! Im going to actually try this in a minute here! xD
Gonna get that cardio in like you said!

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
This is an amazing trick, thank you!
I have searched for a two chests rougly an hour each and was extremely annoyed :P This will definitly help me.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Lol I logged onto Cubecraft, and the message
"The hidden chest wasn't found yet" popped up.
I ran for 30 SECONDS, and found it somehow xd
Free cubelets and other stuff, I guess :p

Reactions: Dutudy

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
Its to easy for ranks with fly they have to fix that ./

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018

You're a lucky cookie :P I wasted 2 hours getting frustrated and thinking: Around next corner I'll see it.

Reactions: SanCookie

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

View attachment 142020
View attachment 142021
Another way I see get lucky and have it spawn right next to you

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
This method does have 1 major flaw
Upon attempting I noticed that whenever you are near water your particle count goes way up
I actually got it to above 5K even though I was so far away
This was just because I was near water

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Upon attempting I noticed that whenever you are near water your particle count goes way up

I was literally about to comment that LOL

Reactions: Injunction

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Probably due to the fishing minigame. Out of all of the spots I've seen, barely any chest spawns near a water source where people fish at.
(btw, did it go high with all players enabled or were they disabled?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom