Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Nothing hardcore about it, besides the fact your hearts do not regen.

Hearts not regening is great, but needing to sit on a generator for a handful of blocks and a bit of food? Yeah, no, that isn't hardcore. That is called boring and turns it into a waiting game.

I know there are people out there that love it and that is completely fine. However, the mode itself is barely used. And whenever someone decides to select hardcore it isn't rare to see multiple people complain and leave straight away. That doesn't say much good about the mode.

So what can be done about it?

First, remove the ability to use a kit. That way no one has an advantage over anyone else. Starting out with a complete armor set... which would otherwise cost you 80 iron.... Lets keep it hardcore for everyone, no?

Instead of making everything beyond expensive I would rather see more limitations (like you can't make a diamond sword already). Only allow for a wooden sword, maybe put some punishing enchantment on the swords by default.

I don't know. I'm not that creative, really. The one thing I know is that making items more expensive does not make it any harder, just makes the game last longer. I feel like there is a lot of room for improvement that could make the gamemode more popular and more fun to play with for most people.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I'm mostly fine with the mechanics of hardcore, the only issues however being that the only real way of regaining hunger is by suiciding so I'd like a price decrease on the steak or adding worse foods that are more cost efficient but less preferable to strike a balance.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Nothing hardcore about it, besides the fact your hearts do not regen.

Hearts not regening is great, but needing to sit on a generator for a handful of blocks and a bit of food? Yeah, no, that isn't hardcore. That is called boring and turns it into a waiting game.

I know there are people out there that love it and that is completely fine. However, the mode itself is barely used. And whenever someone decides to select hardcore it isn't rare to see multiple people complain and leave straight away. That doesn't say much good about the mode.

So what can be done about it?

First, remove the ability to use a kit. That way no one has an advantage over anyone else. Starting out with a complete armor set... which would otherwise cost you 80 iron.... Lets keep it hardcore for everyone, no?

Instead of making everything beyond expensive I would rather see more limitations (like you can't make a diamond sword already). Only allow for a wooden sword, maybe put some punishing enchantment on the swords by default.

I don't know. I'm not that creative, really. The one thing I know is that making items more expensive does not make it any harder, just makes the game last longer. I feel like there is a lot of room for improvement that could make the gamemode more popular and more fun to play with for most people.
Reason why many people leave is because it's actually tougher than normal. No, I'd argue that hardcore is extremely difficult compared to the likes of overpowered and normal, reason being, the weight of every heart and item is significant. You need to realize that financial spending is also a skill...which is completely negated in Overpowered, and a little in normal.

Really? Kits are suddenly too overpowered? No in fact, 95% of the community has a form of an EW kit, meaning there is no "unfair advantage" How about in overpowered where the iron kit can get you 45 blocks? Remove kits in total then, where's the consistency here? The reason why people dislike hardcore is because it's long and tedious (Hence the name hardcore). You seriously believe that making the game harder is going to make it better? Heck no.

Why would limitations do anything? You have less natural resistance (everything does more damage than usual). And usually, inventory trumps skill. Won't those drag out the game any longer?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
Top Bottom