Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
So I have seen a lot of guides for games whether it is Tower Defence, Eggwars, Blockwars, Or Even PvP

But i have never seen a guide that just covers important aspects of games but not the actual game
important things that are smaller and aren't included in an actual guide
with these tips you can become an obby king for eggwars

Note: This Thread/Set Of Threads Isn't intended to say your way of playing is wrong it is a guide of helpful tips to improve your games, whether you decide to use it or not is up to you

1. Getting Obsidian
First The Price
In OP
2017-01-15_14.54.30.png

In Normal
2017-01-15_14.53.40.png

In Hardcore
2017-01-15_14.51.18.png

When In OP
To Get Obby (Assuming You Aren't On a map with a broken gold gen) don't upgrade you only need 15 for the first layer so 10 Gold won't speed you up, once you have your first layer the next may take quite a while with only a single level 1 gold generator so after you get 1 full layer you should upgrade your generator (if you are on a map with a broken generator then go to mid and get all your obby there (if you ever want more layers i would recomend you got 20 from mid so 15 for your egg and 5 to start your genrator then wait to get another 10 from that generator (if you'd rather just take it from mid then go ahead it is a little more risky because people can easily access your egg while you aren't at your island but really it is up to you.
When In Normal

If You Have A Working Level 1 Gold Generator then you can wait for 10 then upgrade it so you can in total get all 50 gold
If that isn't your style or you don't have a level 1 gold generator on your island then you can go to middle and then get as much as you can there (you should also get diamonds so you can upgrade your generator to level 3) but when you are at mid get around 2 stacks of gold for obby before you even have your first layer (This applies for Normal & Hardcore Only) once you have a working gold generator at base and you have at least 1 layer then you just let the gold come on it

When In Hardcore
obby is very late game stuff which is a rare event to come across all 5 (without your egg already being broken) but to get it if you have a working gold gen at your island get it to level 2 and start building to middle while still getting the gold from your level 2 gold generator (you go back to your generator collect the gold then continue building to spawn and repeat every 20 seconds or so) This will maximise the amount of gold you get then when you get to middle you get as much gold as you can also get some diamonds to upgrade your gold generator with all of these you are on your way to getting all 5 obby if you didn't have a level 1 generator on your island then skip that step and go to middle get enough to start your generator and have it upgraded to at least level 3

2. How To Use Obsidian

When Building With Obsidian You Always Want The First Layer To Be The Same (It Is the main layer we all know and use The 1 on each edge and the 1 on top) but you will need some other blocks (most used is the cheapest sandstone) so that you can use them to place your obby where you want to place it appose to just wasting it
2017-01-15_15.24.00.png
this is a picture of the original main layer you should always put and the sandstone is an assisting block to place the obsidian on (i broke the rest on purpose)
this is something that is needed for a good layer of obby assisting blocks are your friends (Only Use obby on below the block under 3 conditions 1 it is going into another layer not being put in with the first one, 2 it is on a map where you can reach it from underneath like in this example i gave you, and 3 if the obby is actually there for protection reasons not just there as an assisting block. if those 3 conditions are met then there is reason to do it
also when placing more layers of obby always do this
2017-01-15_14.45.23.png

it makes an area of defence that on all sides are the same so players can't use a certain side to get there faster
but never do this
2017-01-15_14.46.33.png

Obsidian Walls Give the attacker an advantage by letting them come in from an unbalanced scale of obby (this is just a pure waste and you should never really do it
another good usage is on maps like tee-pee
where you get your first layer but use it's shape to your advantage
2017-01-15_15.35.30.png
if you were to remove the top and bottom layers on that you would still have a solid defence
but what i did here is a trick you can do which is have an in and out pattern with your obby so then have other rows behind those rows this insures that attackers may have to actually break both the blocks in front of them

3. Obsidian On A Team Game
Getting obsidian is a bit easier on a team map but you also need more because more attackers can come and over throw you
you also have a team so they can help you

First Things First Though, You Need To Clarify With Your Team Mates YOU are getting obby
Lets assume your muted though
then just communicate best you can that you are getting obby
if you are with a friend they may help you get obsidian by getting it from the gold generator while you rush middle to get some
or while you place it they get the gold

Maybe your with your friend and your talking in discord or skype or TeamSpeak
then you can easily communicate with them even if your muted

Finally When You Are Dealing With Obsidian Always Have A Pickaxe & Blocks So You Can Easily Make Your Way Out Of There If You Trapped Yourself In

I Hope You Enjoyed My Guide To Using Obsidian In Eggwars

Now You Can Be An Obsidian King With All The Useful Tips You Need

Thank You For Reading

Last edited:

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
You should add this, so whenever I play eggwars the egg itself is on top of an unbreakable wool block, but people I see cover the wool block and the egg wasting 4+ obsidian which in normal mode is 40 gold =/

Reactions: Injunction
I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

Wow, *mouth drops*. Great guide very useful new players, and that obby wall thing is what I always do, but now I'm going to place Obsidian where there are no advantages for the attacker. Thanks jollow

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
So I have seen a lot of guides for games whether it is Tower Defence, Eggwars, Blockwars, Or Even PvP

But i have never seen a guide that just covers important aspects of games but not the actual game
important things that are smaller and aren't included in an actual guide
with these tips you can become an obby king for eggwars

Note: This Thread/Set Of Threads Isn't intended to say your way of playing is wrong it is a guide of helpful tips to improve your games, whether you decide to use it or not is up to you

1. Getting Obsidian
First The Price
In OP
View attachment 127739
In Normal
View attachment 127740
In Hardcore
View attachment 127741

When In OP
To Get Obby (Assuming You Aren't On a map with a broken gold gen) don't upgrade you only need 15 for the first layer so 10 Gold won't speed you up, once you have your first layer the next may take quite a while with only a single level 1 gold generator so after you get 1 full layer you should upgrade your generator (if you are on a map with a broken generator then go to mid and get all your obby there (if you ever want more layers i would recomend you got 20 from mid so 15 for your egg and 5 to start your genrator then wait to get another 10 from that generator (if you'd rather just take it from mid then go ahead it is a little more risky because people can easily access your egg while you aren't at your island but really it is up to you.
When In Normal

If You Have A Working Level 1 Gold Generator then you can wait for 10 then upgrade it so you can in total get all 50 gold
If that isn't your style or you don't have a level 1 gold generator on your island then you can go to middle and then get as much as you can there (you should also get diamonds so you can upgrade your generator to level 3) but when you are at mid get around 2 stacks of gold for obby before you even have your first layer (This applies for Normal & Hardcore Only) once you have a working gold generator at base and you have at least 1 layer then you just let the gold come on it

When In Hardcore
obby is very late game stuff which is a rare event to come across all 5 (without your egg already being broken) but to get it if you have a working gold gen at your island get it to level 2 and start building to middle while still getting the gold from your level 2 gold generator (you go back to your generator collect the gold then continue building to spawn and repeat every 20 seconds or so) This will maximise the amount of gold you get then when you get to middle you get as much gold as you can also get some diamonds to upgrade your gold generator with all of these you are on your way to getting all 5 obby if you didn't have a level 1 generator on your island then skip that step and go to middle get enough to start your generator and have it upgraded to at least level 3

2. How To Use Obsidian

When Building With Obsidian You Always Want The First Layer To Be The Same (It Is the main layer we all know and use The 1 on each edge and the 1 on top) but you will need some other blocks (most used is the cheapest sandstone) so that you can use them to place your obby where you want to place it appose to just wasting itView attachment 127746this is a picture of the original main layer you should always put and the sandstone is an assisting block to place the obsidian on (i broke the rest on purpose)
this is something that is needed for a good layer of obby assisting blocks are your friends (Only Use obby on below the block under 3 conditions 1 it is going into another layer not being put in with the first one, 2 it is on a map where you can reach it from underneath like in this example i gave you, and 3 if the obby is actually there for protection reasons not just there as an assisting block. if those 3 conditions are met then there is reason to do it
also when placing more layers of obby always do this
View attachment 127747
it makes an area of defence that on all sides are the same so players can't use a certain side to get there faster
but never do this
View attachment 127748
Obsidian Walls Give the attacker an advantage by letting them come in from an unbalanced scale of obby (this is just a pure waste and you should never really do it
another good usage is on maps like tee-pee
where you get your first layer but use it's shape to your advantageView attachment 127749if you were to remove the top and bottom layers on that you would still have a solid defence
but what i did here is a trick you can do which is have an in and out pattern with your obby so then have other rows behind those rows this insures that attackers may have to actually break both the blocks in front of them

3. Obsidian On A Team Game
Getting obsidian is a bit easier on a team map but you also need more because more attackers can come and over throw you
you also have a team so they can help you

First Things First Though, You Need To Clarify With Your Team Mates YOU are getting obby
Lets assume your muted though
then just communicate best you can that you are getting obby
if you are with a friend they may help you get obsidian by getting it from the gold generator while you rush middle to get some
or while you place it they get the gold

Maybe your with your friend and your talking in discord or skype or TeamSpeak
then you can easily communicate with them even if your muted

Finally When You Are Dealing With Obsidian Always Have A Pickaxe & Blocks So You Can Easily Make Your Way Out Of There If You Trapped Yourself In

I Hope You Enjoyed My Guide To Using Obsidian In Eggwars

Now You Can Be An Obsidian King With All The Useful Tips You Need

Thank You For Reading

Nice guide, it really helps new players!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom