Not open for further replies.

ShadowHeart752

Jul 5, 2016

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Whilst it is a great idea in principle, the issue is that we only support official giveaways.

We don't support players giving things away as because 99% of the time it is great and goes fine, there are cases of people giving too much personal information away to the person running the giveaway and in some cases the person running the giveaway buying the person the rank or other prize then charging it back causing them to get banned from our server.

I would ask that if you want to enter a giveaway that you enter only the official ones, or ones from people that we have partnered with (events etc).

Reactions: pewax

pewax

Sep 4, 2015
Whilst it is a great idea in principle, the issue is that we only support official giveaways.

We don't support players giving things away as because 99% of the time it is great and goes fine, there are cases of people giving too much personal information away to the person running the giveaway and in some cases the person running the giveaway buying the person the rank or other prize then charging it back causing them to get banned from our server.

I would ask that if you want to enter a giveaway that you enter only the official ones, or ones from people that we have partnered with (events etc).

Thank you for replying John :) I think I have figured out a way to stop people doing that. The way this would be stopped is in the rules section it will tell the user who is hosting the giveaway that he/she must announce a winner when the end date to the competition is. This will mean that if someone who has won the giveaway gets charged backed and they have won an event in the past few days then it will be obvious that the host of the giveaway could be banned instead.

Also just want to point out that you could buy someone a rank and then charge it back anyway so it makes no difference if it's a giveaway or not ;)

-Pewax

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
You're absolutely right @pewax, but that is one of many reasons we don't support the user run giveaways. The other being that we would have to make sure that all the relevant laws and regulations we being abided by which would take more effort than it is worth.

Reactions: pewax

pewax

Sep 4, 2015
You're absolutely right @pewax, but that is one of many reasons we don't support the user run giveaways. The other being that we would have to make sure that all the relevant laws and regulations we being abided by which would take more effort than it is worth.

Well it's 100% up to you guys and it's good that the owners and staff are still active and working hard to expand the most friendly Minecraft community in the world :)

Anyway if you ever change your mind and need someone to run the giveaway section, write out the rules and create a template I'll always volunteer to moderate it ;)

Thank you for the reply John and I hope to see ya round the forums soon :D

-Pewax

Reactions: johncoles

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds

I agree with John, he makes extremely good points. If there was some 100% safe way to add this, I wish it would be.. But I really don't think that is possible.

Reactions: johncoles

pewax

Sep 4, 2015
I agree with John, he makes extremely good points. If there was some 100% safe way to add this, I wish it would be.. But I really don't think that is possible.

There is a way but sadly it would involve a few hours of work for the programming team and with only about 3 devs this will probably not happen :(

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds
There is a way but sadly it would involve a few hours of work for the programming team and with only about 3 devs this will probably not happen :(

It could happen, but I think there are more important things that should be worked on first.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
@pewax, It's not the initial work for it the dev time is insignificant compared to the other things we have going on but it would be the on-going review of all the giveaways end ensuring that they are all being operated correctly. It would be far easier for to just do more official giveaways rather then have to communicate with third-parties to make sure they say and do the right things.

Reactions: pewax and iLoveYouu

pewax

Sep 4, 2015
@pewax, It's not the initial work for it the dev time is insignificant compared to the other things we have going on but it would be the on-going review of all the giveaways end ensuring that they are all being operated correctly. It would be far easier for to just do more official giveaways rather then have to communicate with third-parties to make sure they say and do the right things.

I suppose your right, operating would be kinda difficult to overcome :(

I only pointed it out because it seems to work on other servers ;)
(I hope I don't get banned for this cuz I hate mineplex sooooo much)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    480.9 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom