Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Recently I heard about the Gulliver Mod. After doing some research after the mod and what it's all about I figured the basic concept of the mod might be cool for minigames. In this thread I'll be explaining what the Gulliver Mod does for the ones that never heard of it and I'll present some of the ideas I came up with which could work as a minigame on Cube. I do want to stress that this is just a concept idea, presenting the mod (not made by me) so if you have any ideas yourself, please feel free to just post them in the comments. That way we can all brainstorm together on how the concept of the mod can be used in a cool minigame :D

What is the Gulliver Mod?
The mod allows players and entity's to rescale their size, meaning that you can get enourmous creepers or super tiny skeletons. It also allows playermodels to be rescaled, that way the player can walk around in the map while being for example 20 times the size of a regular playermodel.
If this were to be added to cubecraft I think they would have to make a plugin that essentially does the same as the Gullivers Mod, opening up the ability to rescale entities. I personally dont know if Cube would be allowed or able to just install the mod onto their servers (bukkit and stuff). My guess is that i'd be the smartest if a plug-in was used.

How can rescaled entities be used in minigames?
Here I'll present some ideas using the rescaling I came up with:

Hide 'n Seek ultra -
Imagine a really big map, way bigger then the hide 'n seek maps we're all used to. The hiders won't be given a different texture or anything, they'll be running around in their own skin. As the map is really big I guess they'd be given speed or something at the beginning in the game to allow the hiders to really spread out before the seeker starts seeking.
All the hiders start of in a really tiny form, tiny enough to, for example hide in between a full block (underneath their feet) and a slab on the same Y level they're hiding on. It's almost impossible for the seeker to find the hiders if they just pick a tiny spot to hide in but this is still the beginning of the game, the hiders need to be given a chance at the start :) Things'll get a lot harder as the size of the hiders' player models starts to increase after, lets say 1/2 minutes or so. The players that were hiding under a slab will need to start moving or they'll suffocate, the players that were just running around will really need to start hiding behind a pole or tree because they're slowly but surely becoming more and more visible. Eventually, hiders will have reached a maximum size (maybe 2,5 or 3 times the size of a regular player model) and will be easier to spot. Maybe 3/5 minutes for the seekers to go and slay everyone after this maximum size is reached?

Gadget -
The size rescaling could also be used as a gadget in lobbies, I know this is kinda simple but almost everyone wants to see more gadgets so, I guess I'll list it :D

Mice vs. Men -
Inspired by part 2 of Narnia, in the movie some mice attack a group of men standing in a forest. The men can not see the mice as they're hiding in grass. In the game Men vs. Mice (crappy name, i know) 3 players (could be more depending on the ammount of total players) play as mice, where they of course become small and can fit in underground tunnels or try to hide in grass, they'll have to sneak up to the men, 10 of which seems like a nice ammount. The men have the regular player size and have no access to the underground tunnels of the map, however the men have stronger swords and better gear since the men are stronger meaning that they can wear better gear. Also, the men are mainly just trying to survive as the mice are attacking. Since the mice could just camp in the tunnels to wait out the match I think its fair to say that if the match ties (after 5/10 minutes or smh?, could be less I guess) the men win as they survived the attack. This way the mice will keep on attacking and probably get more risky when the time is almost up. That'll make the game more fun and thrilling as the game keeps on being played.
(Of course men can also try to slay mice but as they're tiny and can hide quickly its way harder)

My brother suggested that this could be a little minigame for minerware? Might have to play around with time limit and teams and such but I guess it could work.

-Sword Parkour
This last little idea is something thats kinda like dodge the anvils, but way cooler in my opinion :)
As I said, you'll also be able to enlarge entities, such as armourstands. Items held by the armourstand will enlarge with it, so if you give the big armourstand a sword for example the sword will be big as well. Imagine a 4 wide track with parkour on the way to the finish and big swords sticking out of the walls going up and down by teleporting the armourstands (not sure if this'll cause lag btw). I know if you get hit by a sword held by an armourstand you dont take damage but I'm sure its possible to make some sort of hitbox collide function which enables that. Im guessing you got the principe of the game by now, but basically the swords will move up and down killing everything that touches it. First 1 to make it to the end of the parkour wins.

Thats all the ideas for now, I'll definately try to come up with more in the future (I like the Mice vs. Men most xD).
I'd love to get some feedback or ideas from you guys :D. If its not possible to write a plug-in that essentially does the same as the Gulliver Mod please let me know as that kinda destroys this concept lol.

Thanks for reading,
Roebahn

Last edited:

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Just thought of something else, a boat or minecart can be made bigger or smaller too! The hitbox will change size with the model ofcourse so that can make some cool games maybe? The first thing I thought of was a form of Musical Chairs with tiny minecarts :D (im weird)

I quickly built what I thought of:
Minecartgame 1.png

So basically, supertiny minecarts will ride tracks that have different lengths and players need to get into the minecart on that one point at the top, they need to get to the other side which is impossible to do without the minecart because the line of green blocks is blocking them from just walking over. The minecarts are, as I said super tiny so it'll be hard to click on them, especially when other players are blocking your view :D Sounds like a minerware game to me :P

Minecartgame 2.png

Minecartgame 3.png

This is how I imagine a game would go, once again, the minecarts will be super tiny and there will of course be more players then there are tracks. This is just a demonstration.

Pandaa

Forum Expert
The mod allows players and entity's to rescale their size, meaning that you can get enourmous creepers or super tiny skeletons. It also allows playermodels to be rescaled, that way the player can walk around in the map while being for example 20 times the size of a regular playermodel.
If this were to be added to cubecraft I think they would have to make a plugin that essentially does the same as the Gullivers Mod, opening up the ability to rescale entities. I personally dont know if Cube would be allowed or able to just install the mod onto their servers (bukkit and stuff). My guess is that i'd be the smartest if a plug-in was used.
Seems like a pretty cool mod, but how will Cubecraft change our player scale?
How can rescaled entities be used in minigames?
Here I'll present some ideas using the rescaling I came up with:

Hide 'n Seek ultra -
Imagine a really big map, way bigger then the hide 'n seek maps we're all used to. The hiders won't be given a different texture or anything, they'll be running around in their own skin. As the map is really big I guess they'd be given speed or something at the beginning in the game to allow the hiders to really spread out before the seeker starts seeking.
All the hiders start of in a really tiny form, tiny enough to, for example hide in between a full block (underneath their feet) and a slab on the same Y level they're hiding on. It's almost impossible for the seeker to find the hiders if they just pick a tiny spot to hide in but this is still the beginning of the game, the hiders need to be given a chance at the start :) Things'll get a lot harder as the size of the hiders' player models starts to increase after, lets say 1/2 minutes or so. The players that were hiding under a slab will need to start moving or they'll suffocate, the players that were just running around will really need to start hiding behind a pole or tree because they're slowly but surely becoming more and more visible. Eventually, hiders will have reached a maximum size (maybe 2,5 or 3 times the size of a regular player model) and will be easier to spot. Maybe 3/5 minutes for the seekers to go and slay everyone after this maximum size is reached?
Seems like a pretty good version of hide and seek. I love how the players get bigger every round, but couldn't the seekers just wait for the last round and hunt players down?
The size rescaling could also be used as a gadget in lobbies, I know this is kinda simple but almost everyone wants to see more gadgets so, I guess I'll list it :D
Cubecraft definitely needs some new gadgets
Mice vs. Men -
Inspired by part 2 of Narnia, in the movie some mice attack a group of men standing in a forest. The men can not see the mice as they're hiding in grass. In the game Men vs. Mice (crappy name, i know) 3 players (could be more depending on the ammount of total players) play as mice, where they of course become small and can fit in underground tunnels or try to hide in grass, they'll have to sneak up to the men, 10 of which seems like a nice ammount. The men have the regular player size and have no access to the underground tunnels of the map, however the men have stronger swords and better gear since the men are stronger meaning that they can wear better gear. Also, the men are mainly just trying to survive as the mice are attacking. Since the mice could just camp in the tunnels to wait out the match I think its fair to say that if the match ties (after 5/10 minutes or smh?, could be less I guess) the men win as they survived the attack. This way the mice will keep on attacking and probably get more risky when the time is almost up. That'll make the game more fun and thrilling as the game keeps on being played.
(Of course men can also try to slay mice but as they're tiny and can hide quickly its way harder)
Seems like a really fun minigame. Perhaps finding a way to make the game even funner. It seems more like an arcade game than a minerware game, though tbh
-Sword Parkour
This last little idea is something thats kinda like dodge the anvils, but way cooler in my opinion :)
As I said, you'll also be able to enlarge entities, such as armourstands. Items held by the armourstand will enlarge with it, so if you give the big armourstand a sword for example the sword will be big as well. Imagine a 4 wide track with parkour on the way to the finish and big swords sticking out of the walls going up and down by teleporting the armourstands (not sure if this'll cause lag btw). I know if you get hit by a sword held by an armourstand you dont take damage but I'm sure its possible to make some sort of hitbox collide function which enables that. Im guessing you got the principe of the game by now, but basically the swords will move up and down killing everything that touches it. First 1 to make it to the end of the parkour wins.
This could actually be really fun as a minerware game or as an addition to CCG parkour *cough*. I defnitely would not mind this being added!

Reactions: RPoule

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Seems like a pretty cool mod, but how will Cubecraft change our player scale?

Seems like a pretty good version of hide and seek. I love how the players get bigger every round, but couldn't the seekers just wait for the last round and hunt players down?

Cubecraft definitely needs some new gadgets

Seems like a really fun minigame. Perhaps finding a way to make the game even funner. It seems more like an arcade game than a minerware game, though tbh

This could actually be really fun as a minerware game or as an addition to CCG parkour *cough*. I defnitely would not mind this being added!
Thanks!!! <3
To answer your question, I don't think its possible to win a hide and seek game if you don't do nothing for 2/3d of the match as the players will be widely spread and there is a respawntime for the killed holders before they start seeking.

I have no idea if it's possible to add a plugin of a scale that is not too big. But there definitely are variables for entitysizes in the mc. Code so it should be possible to change them.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
Top Bottom