Forced deathmatch?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
If you've seen these kinds of SG maps where players can force stalemates in SG, you're not alone. These are multiple examples of where NEITHER of us can reach each other:

In the first two cases, I won because somehow the camper "took fall damage" but I don't know how given that the sewers in the desert map doesn't have big falls. Could someone explain this please? Now in the third one I won only because the guy was nice enough to leave.

What I suggest are these:

1. Force a deathmatch depending on the player count. If there are 4 players or fewer left, deathmatch starts within 2 minutes or deathmatch with as many surviving players left if 10 minutes of the game have elapsed. (This is the essential one. For those who've played traditional SGs or the pre-SG revamp prior to Fall 2016 in the Java edition, there was a forced deathmatch in this server's SG.)

2. Removing the sewers in desert map. IIRC there are other maps that have other spots directly below spawn (but they have a way in FROM spawn). The fact that camping is possible when world border closes in and NEITHER player can reach each other is a sign that the map needs to be redesigned! (Other maps also have this issue, notably: caverns)

EDIT: added 2nd clip. Also this is my second time on the desert map on my first day of bedrock!

EDIT 2: Third clip. THREE of these desert SG games in a row and every single one had someone abuse the sewers.

EDIT 3: Either solution is fine, as long as the camping exploit is fixed such that players are FORCED TO MEET EACH OTHER as the game progresses.

Last edited:

Goldvelocity982

Novice Member
Sep 10, 2020
somewhere in asia
If you've seen these kinds of SG maps where players can force stalemates in SG, you're not alone. These are two examples of where NEITHER of us can reach each other:

In BOTH cases, I won because somehow the camper "took fall damage" but I don't know how given that the sewers in the desert map doesn't have big falls. Could someone explain this please?

What I suggest are these:

1. Force a deathmatch depending on the player count. If there are 4 players left, deathmatch starts within 2 minutes AND if 10 minutes of the game have elapsed. (This is the essential one. For those who've played traditional SGs or the pre-SG revamp prior to Fall 2016 in the Java edition, there was a forced deathmatch in this server's SG.)

2. Removing the sewers in desert map. IIRC there are other maps that have other spots directly below spawn (but they have a way in FROM spawn). The fact that camping is possible when world border closes in and NEITHER player can reach each other is a sign that the map needs to be redesigned!

EDIT: added 2nd clip. Also this is my second time on the desert map on my first day of bedrock!
Well, Idk what to say about this, mostly due to the fact that I have rarely encountered campers in my matches till now. I have played SG only once before but had been destroyed (Point is there might/are no pickaxes and blocks). Maybe the staff could do a feature that stops the blocks from breaking. I'm sorry if I have told you something wrong as it's been VERY long since I last played it.

But then, how did the camper get there...

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Well, Idk what to say about this, mostly due to the fact that I have rarely encountered campers in my matches till now. I have played SG only once before but had been destroyed (Point is there might/are no pickaxes and blocks). Maybe the staff could do a feature that stops the blocks from breaking. I'm sorry if I have told you something wrong as it's been VERY long since I last played it.

But then, how did the camper get there...
3rd match now in the desert map and I see yet another camper...yet this isn't punishable? It's VERY clear that they intentionally navigated through the sewers and arrived at the dead center of the map; that's not an accident. Also these are DONOR RANKED players (I don't know what color the SG rank is), so it's quite clear they know what they're doing.

IIRC that map has two entrances into the sewers. They got in there early in the game (or at least before border closed in). Then they stay there to hopefully force the guy at the surface to quit for a cheap and unfair win.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
well this will take some time to patch
How about making the border start in the middle of the sewer and make it go out first before the other one start closing in?
You could do a "toxin gas" effect (players underground take continuous damage until they leave or die) to force players out of the sewers. Problem is that the middle of the sewer is where spawn is; you'd get a ring when the two borders converge (and it'll also have the same problem as what we have now).

Goldvelocity982

Novice Member
Sep 10, 2020
somewhere in asia
You could do a "toxin gas" effect (players underground take continuous damage until they leave or die) to force players out of the sewers. Problem is that the middle of the sewer is where spawn is; you'd get a ring when the two borders converge (and it'll also have the same problem as what we have now).
you could, considering that it is the sewer...

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
The border is supposed to force a deathmatch in a more natural way, the outcome is exactly the same, the issue in this thread is caused by poor map design and I'd counter with one of the following:
  • Deny entry to the maze in Desert.
  • Have the border not only come from the sides but also the top and the bottom.

• Agree
Reactions: GiGaGekkies

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
you could, considering that it is the sewer...
Toxic gas would work for lore reasons since it is a sewer and stuff gets inside it. But as far as I know you cannot use a height-based border using what Minecraft provides by default (i.e. Minecraft provides editable X/Z-axis borders but not Y-axis border). You would need something else.

Also to add on the starting border coming from inside: one of the core aspects of SG is that players are forced to meet each other as the game comes closer to a conclusion. To have a border start from inside and initially force players to the outskirts of the map discourages players from meeting each other.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom