Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Let's fix eggwars maps:

Aztec. This map is freaking ridiculous.

Mid campers need just two guys to hold out all 18, and 3 is enough to guarantee they're held out. This needs a fix - this map is arguably the best mid camping map, beating out even UnderDaSea and expanding to find another way out takes 15 minutes minimum. Plus, they'll most likely just easily adapt their defenses to hold out their own island as well. On normal mode this is also arguably one of the best rushing maps - although I don't think this is a problem people play this map for similar reasons as teaparty so let's find a way to at least tackle the mid camping problem.

The New Aztec:

https://imgur.com/a/rbfoE 1st image

Keeping with the original teams of 6, the map would receive a major overhaul. Instead of one giant island with a single approach, it would become 2 medium size islands with a bridge connecting the two. Each island would get 2 level 2 iron generators and the villager would be located on the bridge. One island would have a level 2 gold generator while the other would have the egg and the broken diamond generator. The original mid stays the same, with the exception of level 1 gold generators being added to the bottom. The mid would be an extra 5 blocks away.

New to the map would be the sub-mids. Each sub-mid will have a level 1 diamond generator with a level 4 iron generator. If any of you aren't convinced how broken mid camping is here, I'll post a video.

Park: New Map (Teams of 6)
https://imgur.com/a/rbfoE 2nd image

This map would be a rather unique map. There will be a loop trail around the entire middle with trails from each island going into the center. Middle will have 2 level 3 diamond gens with 2 level 3 gold gens. You can go directly from middle to other islands by doing a difficult, upwards parkour. It will be much easier to do from the island itself. The intermediate trials lead to observatories each hosting a level 2 diamond gen with a level 2 gold gen and level 4 iron gen. Each starting island will have 3 level 3 iron generators, a level 1 gold gen, and broken diamond gen. There will not be a trail connecting trails that I didn't draw. The map will be extremely wooded making travelling through areas not on a trail very difficult.

I'll be posting more later (maybe). Let me know if you think anything should be changed.

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-14_10-56-42.png
    upload_2017-10-14_10-56-42.png
    279 KB · Views: 76
A

A pigeon

Oh I love aztec , it'd be great to see an aesthetic (ik practicality > aesthetics but still ) overhaul . Ypur gameolay elemsnts are great. They should add an art themed palatte map using the first picture actually.
That would be a lot nicer.

I fully support a revamp of this map. Just keep the awsthetics inca like and you'll be fine builders. Not a fan of editing my fave maps too much but I think this is isnt toi far fetched.

Oh but a palette themed map with the first pic eould be great. Do that pla builders.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Let's fix eggwars maps:

Aztec. This map is freaking ridiculous.

Mid campers need just two guys to hold out all 18, and 3 is enough to guarantee they're held out. This needs a fix - this map is arguably the best mid camping map, beating out even UnderDaSea and expanding to find another way out takes 15 minutes minimum. Plus, they'll most likely just easily adapt their defenses to hold out their own island as well. On normal mode this is also arguably one of the best rushing maps - although I don't think this is a problem people play this map for similar reasons as teaparty so let's find a way to at least tackle the mid camping problem.

The New Aztec:

https://imgur.com/a/rbfoE 1st image

Keeping with the original teams of 6, the map would receive a major overhaul. Instead of one giant island with a single approach, it would become 2 medium size islands with a bridge connecting the two. Each island would get 2 level 2 iron generators and the villager would be located on the bridge. One island would have a level 2 gold generator while the other would have the egg and the broken diamond generator. The original mid stays the same, with the exception of level 1 gold generators being added to the bottom. The mid would be an extra 5 blocks away.

New to the map would be the sub-mids. Each sub-mid will have a level 1 diamond generator with a level 4 iron generator. If any of you aren't convinced how broken mid camping is here, I'll post a video.

Park: New Map (Teams of 6)
https://imgur.com/a/rbfoE 2nd image

This map would be a rather unique map. There will be a loop trail around the entire middle with trails from each island going into the center. Middle will have 2 level 3 diamond gens with 2 level 3 gold gens. You can go directly from middle to other islands by doing a difficult, upwards parkour. It will be much easier to do from the island itself. The intermediate trials lead to observatories each hosting a level 2 diamond gen with a level 2 gold gen and level 4 iron gen. Each starting island will have 3 level 3 iron generators, a level 1 gold gen, and broken diamond gen. There will not be a trail connecting trails that I didn't draw. The map will be extremely wooded making travelling through areas not on a trail very difficult.

I'll be posting more later (maybe). Let me know if you think anything should be changed.
I like aztec and I think that there shouldn't be any changes! :D

Sharz

Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2015
Barcelona
www.youtube.com
I have played Aztec so I'm going to give my opinion only about this map. I like the layout and the basis of the map, from my point of view when you start you need to beat up the closest 2 islands and the winner have open way to go to middle and continue fighting against the other 3 teams that have already won their enemies. About the gameplay, I like it because you have open spaces in the islands and also in the middle to pvp, plus you have in the map non safe zones like the 4 logs in the middle.

I like Aztez the way it is (map and gameplay) so in my opinion shouldn't be any changes.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
I like how you draw these, they are very neat,
and like @Sharz said Aztec shouldn't change, i like how it is right now.

A

A pigeon

I have played Aztec so I'm going to give my opinion only about this map. I like the layout and the basis of the map, from my point of view when you start you need to beat up the closest 2 islands and the winner have open way to go to middle and continue fighting against the other 3 teams that have already won their enemies. About the gameplay, I like it because you have open spaces in the islands and also in the middle to pvp, plus you have in the map non safe zones like the 4 logs in the middle.

I like Aztez the way it is (map and gameplay) so in my opinion shouldn't be any changes.
You clearly have not played aztec . It has four teams.

Feb 10, 2020
I do kind of like the revamp idea but the fact that there's only one diamond gen will probably lead to all of the players on one island and none on the other island, besides, this doesn't solve the camping situation very effectively either as it would only result in a map with more "civil wars".
The idea of the park is not very realistic as we can not expect players to actually do the parkour instead of building over it, it would make it too much of a rushed game and similar to solo tournament-style maps.

I suggest keeping the revamp idea but slightly twisting it so that there are less trees and those aid in camping ALOT, also I would suggest for the bridge to be built on the same horizontal line as diamond generator on the one island so that people can freely travel while staying close to the generator. Also a second bridge would be better to be built at the top where the egg will be in the middle of the bridge. The bridge should have a back wall and a wide surface to give the players a easier way to destroy the egg without falling into the void. Also I suggest balancing out the generators to only have the diamond generator on one island along with one level 1 iron while all the other generators are on the other island so people have a reason to go to the other island.

I think you can take some inspiration from beach by having one or two semi-mids with nothing on them in front of the bases rather than making them a circle, as this would benefit the player on the aggression to set up camp on those, it would also spread out the camper's attention so there are more areas for them to camp and watch.

But all in all, the revamp is quite a solid idea. Keep it up!

Reactions: remio
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on dave12555's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you require assistance with something, feel free to reach out to me or a staff member for help! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #54-
The original Enderman had green eyes, and emitted smoke particles. They were later changed to purple eyes, and now Enderman emit purple teleportation particles instead of smoke.
Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Top Bottom