• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No, why?

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 511644

Hello,

Some of the older players would probally know some of the games, mentioned in this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/history-of-cubecraft-gamemodes.244863/.
Alot of games got removed in the past years, even though that some games where quite fun to play, personally I liked HourGlass, TNT Run, Super Craft Bros, Hide and Seek and Bingo.

So my idea:
- Add some of the old games back to CubeCraft, but under the category "Featured Games", I believe those games were a bit inactive and that's why they were removed, but if you bring them back, like a few times each year, people would play these games?

Some players that joined after these times, let me explain how this games worked out:

HourGlass was a game, where you spawned in an arena, with multiple waves falling sand, every wave was getting harder, as example, cobwebs, zombies, skeletons and creepers. Also, every wave chests spawned where you could loot stuff to survive, such as swords or leather armor.

Video of HourGlass:
(2015)

TNT Run is probally known by every Minecraft players, multiple layers of sand/gravel, and if you walk over them, the blocks will disappear.

Video of TNT run on CubeCraft:
(2017)

Also for TNT Run and after this one, Bingo is probally a known gamemode, you have the Hiders and Seekers.

A seeker has good armor, and a sword to kill the Hiders.
Hiders will spawn as a block in the map, and have to find a place to cover themselfs for the Seekers, and if they get killed, you will become a seeker.

Video of Hide and Seek on CubeCraft:
(2015)

Bingo, a game who some of the newer players maybe can remember, since it has came back a time ago, but unfornately got removed.

Everyone has ever heard of the concept Bingo, you have a card with numbers, and if you have your card full, you win.
In Minecraft is this almost the exact the same thing, you get a map with multiple items you have to find and craft, 1 row, 3 rows or a full card were the possibility's to vote on, with a Gold rank or higher.

Video of Bingo on CubeCraft:
(2018)

I have to be fair, I haven't played this game alot on CubeCraft, but when I heard from my friends it was quite fun, I started to play this game, 2 months before it got removed from CubeCraft.

This game is a bit relatable with One in the Chamber, you have to select a kit, which has his own special things, I do not know everything, if you want more information about this game, I'll advise you to watch the video I've added under this text.

Video of Super Craft Boss on CubeCraft:
(2016)

Then we've also had the games:
- Archer Assault
- Infection
- TNT Trouble
- Fish Slap
- Spleef
- Kit PvP
- Freebuild (Survival, Creative and Skyblock)
- Competitive Parkour
- Houses
- Factions
- Money Walls
- Build Wars
- Blockband
- UHC
- Speed UHC
- Old UHC
And some seasonal games.

I've never actually played this games, so unfornately I can't give any explanations about this ones, so I'll advise you to watch on YouTube with the keywords: "(Game) Cubecraft" to find some information about this games.

I'd like to hear your opinions about this idea under this thread. :)

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
These gamemodes were really fun and creative (and they give me nostalgic feelings) but I don't think they would succeed if they'd be brought back now. Maybe bingo would do fine as a featured game, but I don't know about the others to be honest; they were quite small gamemodes even back in those days. Maybe if Cubecraft reached more players they could be brought back with a nice revamp, but currently I don't think it would work to bring them back.

Also, Archer Assault is already a featured game and TNT run is a voting option in Layer Spleef (the newer revamp of the old games) :P

Leroyy

Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2018
Never give up on me!
omg .. i see an old lobby with many nice games from the past.

This time from the server was the best,
I hope there will come a time when they come back.
Now if I want to play tnt run I have to go to pixel

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I have only ever played Bingo, but personally I would love to see that game return. It was such a easy and chill game to play with friends or alone, it wasn't the most popular game but I think it had a decent player count. I hope to see Bingo return one day.

FireAK

Oct 27, 2020
Yeah! Even I'm quite a new player, But still I'd like to see these modes

D

Deleted member 511644

These gamemodes were really fun and creative (and they give me nostalgic feelings) but I don't think they would succeed if they'd be brought back now. Maybe bingo would do fine as a featured game, but I don't know about the others to be honest; they were quite small gamemodes even back in those days. Maybe if Cubecraft reached more players they could be brought back with a nice revamp, but currently I don't think it would work to bring them back.

Also, Archer Assault is already a featured game and TNT run is a voting option in Layer Spleef (the newer revamp of the old games) :P
I think you're talking about the hubs in the other thread?
Unfornately, I couldn't play all of them, I've been around since the City hub

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello!

I think we all agree that most of the old minigames on cubecraft were fun to play, but that's the past. We don't want to look back, we want to look forward, hence why I don't think we should bring old games back even as a featured gamemode.

Adding some of them back as a featured game means that other featured games get an even smaller chance to get featured as we already have a lot of games to choose from. Of course, some games which barely anyone plays, archer assault for example, can be switched with an other gamemode like bingo but then there will be people complaining that they want archer assault back.

Maybe one day if our player count increases we might consider adding some of them back to the list but for now it's just too many in my opinion.

It's hard to keep everyone happy these days and we are doing our best to make your cubecraft experience as good as possible.

Thanks for suggesting though!

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom