Status
Not open for further replies.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Like what is the point of making NA servers if you will always move the playerbase back to EU
There have been a few players with issues that I've heard about, but that's not the way it's meant to work nor the way it works for the majority of players. I'll only get moved to the EU consistently if I'm playing at 1-4 am EST, which makes sense given how few American players would be on at that time.

It's not wasted effort because it works as intended most of the time. A few issues I have dealt with come down to the end user's ISP, but for the most part the matchmaking will just get smoother with time.

Reactions: Adxm

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
There are clear cons and pros here.

Cons:
- NA players will have a way harder time getting a game started, since there are way less players on NA servers.

Pros:
- If you have terrible internet and really need to rely on playing in EU servers in order to get a ping below 200, then yes. This would be benificial, but only to you and not to the general community.

In my opinion the cons outweigh the pros. Personally, in EU i get a ping of 5, and in NA i get a ping of 100, max. This is still absolutely playable and unless you're a tryhard and need every advantage to win, including lower ping, this is not much of an issue at all.

CubecraftSpeedrunning

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021
There are clear cons and pros here.

Cons:
- NA players will have a way harder time getting a game started, since there are way less players on NA servers.

Pros:
- If you have terrible internet and really need to rely on playing in EU servers in order to get a ping below 200, then yes. This would be benificial, but only to you and not to the general community.

In my opinion the cons outweigh the pros. Personally, in EU i get a ping of 5, and in NA i get a ping of 100, max. This is still absolutely playable and unless you're a tryhard and need every advantage to win, including lower ping, this is not much of an issue at all.
Disagreed, you will only be moved server if there isn't enough EU players, so there will be plenty of players on NA for others to play with, surely if no one played NA they wouldn't move you, this point is completely wrong.

As a bedrock player ping makes a big difference in Eggwars if you understand how some mechanics work. For a start it effects the shopping menu and when you are having to wait half a second every time for the shop to give you ur item instead of it being more instant it can really mess with the game, having more than 100 makes such a huge difference.
Casual players won't care but there is still a large community that will.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Disagreed, you will only be moved server if there isn't enough EU players, so there will be plenty of players on NA for others to play with, surely if no one played NA they wouldn't move you, this point is completely wrong.
You dont understand what I mean. I am talking about Java so this might be what confuses you, since you play on bedrock, but on Java there are way less NA players than EU players. That's why it lowers the amount of time that it takes for an NA game to start if CubeCraft fills up some NA games with a few EU players. This way, NA players don't have to wait that long.

Ofcourse they would never move you to NA if no one played that, I don't know what point you're trying to make.

As a bedrock player ping makes a big difference in Eggwars if you understand how some mechanics work. For a start it effects the shopping menu and when you are having to wait half a second every time for the shop to give you ur item instead of it being more instant it can really mess with the game, having more than 100 makes such a huge difference.
Casual players won't care but there is still a large community that will.
This isn't a problem on Java, and even if it was it wouldn't be a huge issue. Having to wait a few more milliseconds before you can rush your neighbour? I get that for some people, tryharding this game is more up their alley than just *having fun*, but most of the people that play minecraft play it to have fun, not only to win and destroy eveyrone else.

Having to wait less time to play a game (something that will make everyone's day better, since no one has to wait longer) > having the very slight advantage of having lower ping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom