Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is force-camping a tolerable behavior or should be bannable?

• I'm ok in blocking other in their bases and get some free points

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It shouldn't be bannable, but punishable in some way

• It should be bannable

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinocom

Apr 10, 2016
Hello there!
It's been some time I played EggWars and I should notice many players taking advantage on base of enemies, getting them stuck there and just getting points 'til the players dont do simplu /leave frustrated that they cannot continue the game.

The attacker team have or not the egg, is not important, but the target has the egg, and its easly breakable. The attackers will not destroy it. The attackers will smash you until they get satisfied or you do /leave. Leaving a game is for nybs and this kind of behavior shouldn't be tollerated.

This "gamemode", "trick" or whatever is a clear evidence of trolling and force-camping players in their base and should be punishable in some way. This phenomena is growing fast in the community and I'm against it. It's an unfair mode to get free kill points, humbling fair-play players.

Blocking a player in base to destroy it's egg is pretty ok, since you are attacking and you want to to get caught. But in this case, you will destroy the egg and kill (if possible) immediatly the opponers. Blocking a player (or entire team) in the base, even with their egg alive, or breakable in some way (they're blocked now, you have all the time to break it) is simply bad and tollerating this kind of behavior will conduce a really bad experience specially for new entries that will see this unfair practise it here welcome.

It shouldn't. It's unfair, 'cos you literally can continue the game, your egg is still there. But you are compelled to do /leave because others are just trolling you, making their own extra points for free. Using the /leave command should be only when you have to go, you died and for every must-reason, not because someone stucked you in your own base and it's making you unable to play.

This is a really bad practice tolerated on this server, but it must stop now. It's going also agains the official rules:

TROLLING
Trolling is defined as intentionally taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another player.

Trolling is strictly prohibited.

Read it again and again, if you don't get it. This is an official rule that express every action with the purpose of annoying (they blocked me in my base, and keep killng), upsetting (I'm compelled to use /leave) and bullying (they're just having fun killing you) is prohibited.

CAMPING
Camping is defined as intentionally avoiding playing the game as intended by making it impossible or near impossible to access you. Camping is strictly prohibited.
Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate.
Shop camping in assassins is not punishable, however it is discouraged as it can cause frustrations among the players.

Read it again and again, if you don't get it. This is an official rule that express that intentionally avoiding player the game (they block me in my base) making it impossible or near impossible to access you (blocked in a 3x3 room isn't confortable and they barely can get me). Camping can take form of [...] surrounding yourself (wow, I'm surrounded by unbreakable by hand blocks...) making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to creat a stalemate (it can last forever if you don't do /leave).

SO THE QUESTION IS
Or rules must change to officially accept force-camping, or it's a punishable behavior due the fact that it's against trolling and camping rules.

D

Deleted member 352903

It’s not camping. And I understand your frustration, but the other player was good enough to make this to you, so I think that it shouldn’t be against the rules

Reactions: Shallidor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Top Bottom