Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sardonyq

Novice Member
Jun 19, 2018
a fairy tale.
Hello, I saw a post about rewarding players for playing Skyblock- by giving them CubeCraft XP. I looked back at this post and I notice that there aren't any comments on it, which is shocking; it was posted back in December of 2020, this idea sounds really good no? I just started Skyblock and I mean it's cool but it doesn't feel entirely rewarding... It's satisfying when you complete a quest, but (from what I currently know) there aren't any external gains (XP, Points, Loot Points, etc.).

This style of gameplay can be really unrewarding for players who want to gain stuff while doing something that is pretty time-consuming. A lot of these Skyblock game modes take a lot of time to get through the quests and early parts of the game. Players who aren't rewarded with a real currency that they can use universally on the server might quit because it just takes too long. Making achievements for Skyblock would also be really cool, players love being rewarded for what they do, especially when it takes a long time. I can say with a personal experience that the early parts of Skyblock are honestly slow. This though should be expected because Skyblock as a game mode is known to be a "slow starter" but once the ball starts to roll, it rolls fast. But a lot of other servers that have Skyblock have an underlying currency or reward that players get (points, XP, a universal currency, achievements that give X reward, etc.) for completing challenges or quests. They do this because it gives an underlying incentive to stick to the grind and get more Skyblock Currency. Adding this would be an amazing addition to Skyblock. I understand that Skyblock is still in beta, so I'm not upset because I'd assume they'd add some sort of external reward for players.

But ultimately, I am curious, I would love to hear what other people think about this. Should they reward players with points and or XP whenever they complete a quest? Would it be too easy of a way to farm points?

Thank you!

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel the same way, having some kind of rewarding would be nice. Even if it was less then most games. On java the only way of gaining something is by typing gg when the server restarts. This gives 1 xp every 5ish hours maybe. Although I think any other form of rewarding should be done using achievements I feel. This way people can’t get tons of coins, experience by starting an island over and over. Achievements would be unlocking new islands, unlocking a new dimension, getting money milestones, getting xp milestones.

Reactions: Noltan and Sardonyq

Noltan

Dec 1, 2020
I feel the same way, having some kind of rewarding would be nice. Even if it was less then most games. On java the only way of gaining something is by typing gg when the server restarts. This gives 1 xp every 5ish hours maybe. Although I think any other form of rewarding should be done using achievements I feel. This way people can’t get tons of coins, experience by starting an island over and over. Achievements would be unlocking new islands, unlocking a new dimension, getting money milestones, getting xp milestones.
Yes, giving coins/experience for these types of achievements is a great idea!

I also think that, for completing really difficult achievements the FIRST time, like the Cookie Monster quest or the Violent Ends quest, the player could also get special Lobby gadgets or vanity items to show off to other players. This could be a great form of motivation for many players to complete SkyBlock quests.

Primeaidan

Mar 8, 2021
I TOTALLY AGREE I DOME THE COOKIE QUEST AND WAS SO UPSET CAUSE ALL I GOT WAS ANOTHER QUEST!!
file-20180619-126537-5l632j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
Top Bottom