Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Dec 12, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
For anyone who does not know, the first spawn point is set on the starting island in close proximity to the first villager.

If you were to mine away the first island in it's entirety, every time you respawn you will be dropped from the sky. This means you will most likely fall into oblivion or possibly to your death on a block beneath you. Once you die in this manner, you are stuck in a death loop which can't be fixed. You have to start a new island.

Fortunately, I was lucky with regard to this but I suspect many others were not.

Because droppers are such a huge part of most people's strategy, it only makes sense to drop down using water early game and begin building your base platform at the lowest possible level. Once you have done this, it also makes perfect sense to completely mine the first island to get the stone and dirt which is relatively rare in the early game to get that first platform built and setup.

The only "fix" I am aware of if to craft a bed to make a new spawn point. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible until you get spiders and string on the fourth jungle island.

I would like to suggest instead that the developers put a bed on the starting island which cannot be removed until another bed has been built.

Just a thought.

Tim

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi there Tim!
Your spawnpoint is actually inside of the villager if I’m not mistaking. Meaning the villager would need to be floating in the air for you to be put in a constant death loop.
The devs have already implemented some safety guards, 1. villagers can not be placed in the air. Meaning you’d always spawn on the block the villager is placed on. 2. You always need to have at least one villager on your island (as a spawning point and a way to enable your crystal if this was disabled).

Why I think a bed is not a good idea. Currently you can’t place any blocks near a villager once he is placed. This safe feature would have to be implemented as well, if it isn’t you could simply build 2 blocks above your bed and mine out the surrounding blocks. Making it so you fall to your death. This would be quite difficult to code, especially keeping in mind that this feature would be needed to removed once another bed would be made. Which isn’t possible for the next couple islands.

I hope this information clears some things up as to why you’re idea doesn’t need to / shouldn’t be implemented.

Regards,
Xavi

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Hi there Tim!
Your spawnpoint is actually inside of the villager if I’m not mistaking. Meaning the villager would need to be floating in the air for you to be put in a constant death loop.
The devs have already implemented some safety guards, 1. villagers can not be placed in the air. Meaning you’d always spawn on the block the villager is placed on. 2. You always need to have at least one villager on your island (as a spawning point and a way to enable your crystal if this was disabled).

Why I think a bed is not a good idea. Currently you can’t place any blocks near a villager once he is placed. This safe feature would have to be implemented as well, if it isn’t you could simply build 2 blocks above your bed and mine out the surrounding blocks. Making it so you fall to your death. This would be quite difficult to code, especially keeping in mind that this feature would be needed to removed once another bed would be made. Which isn’t possible for the next couple islands.

I hope this information clears some things up as to why you’re idea doesn’t need to / shouldn’t be implemented.

Regards,
Xavi
In my testing, the spawn location is about 3 - 5 blocks diagonally away from the first villager. Not right on the villager.

I basically killed myself on purpose multiple times to see where I would spawn and it seemed very consistent.

Others could use the same method as a test before completely mining the first island which can be a huge help early game for starting to build a proper base.

I did this when I restarted my game for a new YT playthrough video series and it worked quite well.

D

Deleted member 489420

villagers can not be placed in the air.
His goals are beyond my understanding...
2021-05-03_19.43.39.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom