• No

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
The Emerald Generators present in the new Eggwars Update from a while back has always been a controversial topic. At the current state Emeralds are in, I find them pretty useless; and I'm sure many can agree with me on that. Here are some reasons to support my claim:
• Nobody wants to spend their precious diamonds to start the emerald generator which others can take advantage of since it's not at their own base. This is a major one; as it already wastes a player's resources (15 diamonds!) just for a generator that other players will be able to use; as opposed to upgrading your diamond generator at your base which would primarily be yours (unless someone kills you and takes over your base of course).
• The items aren't as valuable or necessary as ones spent with other tokens. Already, if the process stated above wasn't tedious enough, the items in the emerald shop just aren't worth the wait or resources. Some may argue that potions can be pretty valuable in games, but surely they aren't valuable enough to make emeralds a standard token which players would want to use in games; both short and long.

Here are some changes I would make to allow Emeralds to become much more present in Eggwars games along with shifting the meta to make the overall experience more balanced:
• A major change: Revert the emerald generator back to when it started off as level one, however, keep the Emerald generators level system to require more emeralds in order to upgrade rather than the old waiting method which would just encourage longer games. By doing this, players wouldn't feel like they're wasting their resources on a generator that already doesn't have much potential when utilized. It would also encourage more players to fight at mid so it's a free for all for the emerald generator.
• Remove the Tower Auto Builder. Nobody uses it and it doesn't really have a purpose other than vanity.
• The following items listed here are items moved from costing diamonds to emeralds for the following reason: Since they're pretty overpowered items and can be abused if a player camps with a diamond generator to gain large quantities of these items, they would cost emeralds instead as they would be able to get the overpowered item with the exchange that they could possibly be attacked at mid; inevitably making these items harder to stack on and abuse:
-God Apples (Enchanted Golden Apples) 10 Diamonds > 8 Emeralds. • Harder to abuse the absorption.
-Bow (Punch Enchantment) 25 Diamonds > 16 Emeralds. • Players can't get 5 diamonds, run back to their base, start a diamond generator, then get a bow, then camp and make themselves almost inaccessible. Also harder to bow-spam which would encourage more players to get better at hand to hand combat.
-Bow (Power V Enchantment) 25 Diamonds > 16 Emeralds. • Same reason as above.
• The following items listed here are items that could be added into the game that would change up the meta, leaving more vibrant gameplay:
-Wood Planks (4 Emeralds for 4 Wooden Planks) • Encourages more players to use TNT and Axes in the more later ends of the game.
-Chorus Fruit (8 Emeralds for 4 Chorus Fruits) • Lets players escape tight situations; leaving exhilarating gameplay strategies.
-Water Bucket (12 Emeralds for 1 bucket). • Can be used as both an Egg defence and a way to prevent fall damage. The water mechanics would be different in Eggwars though. Stuff such as infinite water sources should be removed to prevent abuse. Using a water bucket as an egg defence would be balanced since it makes it harder to mine through blocks, but the source block can easily be blocked off.
-Knockback Stick (20 Emeralds for KB II Stick) • Can aid players in bridge fights and on occasions when a player isn't as stacked as another and has to resort to knocking the player off into the void rather than using hand to hand combat.

These ideas and items would make the Emerald Generators wanted to be used by many players alike since they have a proper purpose and not just vanity like the tower builder for example. Please give me your feedback, good or bad, and I'll be sure to respond as soon as I can!

Dreamy.

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
I agree with you on that turning the emerald generator isn't worth the diamonds and the time to wait for what you can do with the emeralds. Some of the ideas you mentioned are to my opinion really good for example:
Emerald generator starts at level 1 instead of level 0.
Some of the other ideas you've mentioned do I not really like for example:
Moving God apples from 10 diamonds to emeralds. In Overpowered people get good armour and swords really fast and it does a lot of damage and normal golden apples will not be enough for that. But 10 diamonds for a god apple is to my opinion just good. You need diamonds to get them and it isn't that much that you need to wait really long for them.

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
I agree emerald generators are a bit useless, I don't play "EggWars" since CCG removed "SpeedEggWars", but I remember my self playing beta merge update, I wanted to test new emerald items, I farmed emeralds so long and yet didn't have time to buy all of them, I agree that emerald generators should be more balanced but I can't see any of your ideas being implemented.

Maybe instead of changing from diamonds to emeralds, it should have a new two token system, for example, Bow (Punch Enchantment), maybe it should cost like 15 diamonds and 5 emeralds (Just an example).

Overall "EggWars" had a rough time when the merge update came out, forums exploded, people were complaining, so I can't see this being implemented because I assume CCG staff's will approach "EggWars" updates more carefully. Anyhow, good luck with the idea, maybe I'm wrong and it will get implemented someday.

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
• Nobody wants to spend their precious diamonds to start the emerald generator... (continued)
I think the solution for this isnt to change the pricing of the upgrades, its to make it so the emerald gens are closer to the bases. (e.g Sub-Mid instead of mid for solos)

• The items aren't as valuable or necessary as ones spent with other tokens... (continued)
Agreed though I think its just that by the time your thinking about emeralds, your already nearly over with the game or dominated the game so much that emeralds wont give you more of an advantage

• Remove the Tower Auto Builder. Nobody uses it and it doesn't really have a purpose other than vanity.
Tower auto builder is useful, especially with bow fights on bridges, just that nobody has ever used one unironically

• The following items listed here are items moved from costing diamonds to emeralds for the following reason...
God Apples (Enchanted Golden Apples)
Eh, 8 emeralds would make you have to wait 48 seconds and so that would make it underpowered. Maybe something like 3 emeralds as 18 seconds is a lot more tolerable (2 emeralds could work as well)

-Bow (Punch Enchantment)...
This I agree with more. Though like last time 8 - 12 emeralds (48 to 72 seconds) instead of 16 emeralds (96 seconds)

-Bow (Power V Enchantment)...
No, but if it had to be emeralds, then something like 4 or 6 would have to do as P5 isnt actually as much of an one shot on OP (which P5 is only used on)

The following items listed here are items that could be added into the game that would change up the meta, leaving more vibrant gameplay:
-Wood Planks
Very few liked the addition of wood planks so they wont add it back

-Chorus Fruit (8 Emeralds for 4 Chorus Fruits) • Lets players escape tight situations; leaving exhilarating gameplay strategies.
I have a feeling that the anti-cheat would not like that (also there isnt an way out of that without leaving a hole right open)

-Water Bucket
L a g

-Knockback Stick
Lifeboat uses this (at least on bedrock) and lemme tell you that its way too OP for its own good

Reactions: luv! and 404Owl

ItsSennee

Jul 1, 2020
Hello
I agree with this emerald generators are useless at the moment. They should ad back better items in the shop then it should be worth it to turn them on with diamonds!
Have a good day! 💎

Reactions: luv!

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I didn't like the Emerald Generators being implemented but after the most recent update, I do feel like they have very little use. I think Emerald Generators should be automatically started as the game starts, but the player would have to update the Generator instead of the update being automatic. Also, I really like the idea of moving some of those overpowered items to be bought using Emeralds. This would make a lot more use of the Generator itself and possibly make them less overpowered. Personally, I wouldn't enjoy the inclusion of a knockback stick, a water bucket nor chorus fruit. The gameplay could become very interesting overall and create a lot of different strategies. Great suggestion! :D

Reactions: luv! and Gregeyy

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Yes I agree with 90% of this. I would say dont ad kb sticks, and leave power bows and notch apples the way they are.
Anyway, good suggestion.

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Hey!

I agree Emerald generators are not being used as much as expected.
I'd like to see some of your ideas implemented in the future. I think they could make Emerald generators more useful.

Thank you for submitting this suggestion! Hope to see any of your ideas Implemented! 😜

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I agree that emerald generators could start at level1, why not...
But i have to disagree when it comes to changing prices from diamonds to emeralds. I don't think the items you listed are too easy to get.
Also the new prices you stated are too high, for example 16 emeralds is far too much for a bow in my opinion.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
I agree with this!!!
Games one some maps take WAY too long because of dumb punch bow campers that just run to there bases with 5 diamonds at the start of the game and camp camp camp bowspam bowspam bowspam.
If bows cost emeralds then only the people at the mid will be able to get the punch bows which means that bad players (campers) cant get there hands on it so it rewards people who are man enough to stay at mid so I agree with this.
Same thing with the notch apples because it means you have to stay at the mid to earn the notch apples instead of camp which is good.
But I think the knockback stick should cost 10 emeralds instead of 20 so more people have a chance of getting it and the game will be so fun and exciting to knock people off the map fast pace style

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I agree that the emerald gen is pretty useless as it is now. However I don't think shifting back to how it was is a good idea. This will encourage camping, especially when you make gold apples and more overpowered stuff available for emeralds (like you suggested as well). It's not for no reason that they changed it; people simply just disliked it. The entire emerald generator system doesn't work well, and even though I'd like some change in the EggWars gameplay, I don't think the emerald generator has a lot potential to change the gameplay in a positive way. The way it currently works nobody really uses it, which is why it's fine. Same for the tower builder (and other autobuilders, don't know if they're still in the games as I haven't played EggWars for a while). There would be not much difference if they weren't there.

I agree that they could change it a bit though, but I have no clue how currently. I'm sure they're working on this behind the scenes tho, as they want to make EggWars as good as possible after the update. As for this suggestion, I'm gonna vote no, sorry.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I think the current prices of bows and god apples should stay the same but I like all the other stuff

Xiarn

Feb 6, 2021
The Emerald Generators present in the new Eggwars Update from a while back has always been a controversial topic. At the current state Emeralds are in, I find them pretty useless; and I'm sure many can agree with me on that. Here are some reasons to support my claim:
• Nobody wants to spend their precious diamonds to start the emerald generator which others can take advantage of since it's not at their own base. This is a major one; as it already wastes a player's resources (15 diamonds!) just for a generator that other players will be able to use; as opposed to upgrading your diamond generator at your base which would primarily be yours (unless someone kills you and takes over your base of course).
• The items aren't as valuable or necessary as ones spent with other tokens. Already, if the process stated above wasn't tedious enough, the items in the emerald shop just aren't worth the wait or resources. Some may argue that potions can be pretty valuable in games, but surely they aren't valuable enough to make emeralds a standard token which players would want to use in games; both short and long.

Here are some changes I would make to allow Emeralds to become much more present in Eggwars games along with shifting the meta to make the overall experience more balanced:
• A major change: Revert the emerald generator back to when it started off as level one, however, keep the Emerald generators level system to require more emeralds in order to upgrade rather than the old waiting method which would just encourage longer games. By doing this, players wouldn't feel like they're wasting their resources on a generator that already doesn't have much potential when utilized. It would also encourage more players to fight at mid so it's a free for all for the emerald generator.
• The following items listed here are items moved from costing diamonds to emeralds for the following reason: Since they're pretty overpowered items and can be abused if a player camps with a diamond generator to gain large quantities of these items, they would cost emeralds instead as they would be able to get the overpowered item with the exchange that they could possibly be attacked at mid; inevitably making these items harder to stack on and abuse:
-God Apples (Enchanted Golden Apples) 10 Diamonds > 8 Emeralds. • Harder to abuse the absorption.
-Bow (Punch Enchantment) 25 Diamonds > 16 Emeralds. • Players can't get 5 diamonds, run back to their base, start a diamond generator, then get a bow, then camp and make themselves almost inaccessible. Also harder to bow-spam which would encourage more players to get better at hand to hand combat.
-Bow (Power V Enchantment) 25 Diamonds > 16 Emeralds. • Same reason as above.
• The following items listed here are items that could be added into the game that would change up the meta, leaving more vibrant gameplay:
-Wood Planks (4 Emeralds for 4 Wooden Planks) • Encourages more players to use TNT and Axes in the more later ends of the game.
-Water Bucket (12 Emeralds for 1 bucket). • Can be used as both an Egg defence and a way to prevent fall damage. The water mechanics would be different in Eggwars though. Stuff such as infinite water sources should be removed to prevent abuse. Using a water bucket as an egg defence would be balanced since it makes it harder to mine through blocks, but the source block can easily be blocked off.
-Knockback Stick (20 Emeralds for KB II Stick) • Can aid players in bridge fights and on occasions when a player isn't as stacked as another and has to resort to knocking the player off into the void rather than using hand to hand combat.

These ideas and items would make the Emerald Generators wanted to be used by many players alike since they have a proper purpose and not just vanity like the tower builder for example. Please give me your feedback, good or bad, and I'll be sure to respond as soon as I can!

Dreamy.
I like all your ideas so much except have power 5 bow at 14 emeralds since people always go for punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
Top Bottom