Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2020
Egg wars is a very good game that a lot of people like and play, and there're almost no issues but there's one point where a lot of people agree with that needs to be removed: Punch bows, Punch bows are only available in Overpowered mode and are really annoying. Like in every overpowered game people can rush each other fast because Items are so heap, and that's why almost all egg wars games are OP. But when you got people in your game that are going to camp you can better just quit your game because the only thing they will do is punch bow spamming you of the edge all-time and they won't attack your egg because they're too scared to get killed. I think the punch bows should be replaced for Power 2-3 bows that are much stronger but aren't throwing you every second from the edge, I just played an egg wars game of 4 hours with my friend because there were 2 teams camping their egg with punch bows full dia etc. A cool down on the punch bows can maybe also be a thing so you won't be spammed by the punch bow but cubecarft remove the punchbows because they're really ruining the game.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
My friend, I mainly didn't like your suggestion, because if you remove the punch bows, the EggWars mode wouldn't be so "special" so to speak, and besides the punch bow is unique in overpowered games (EggWars). I didn't like this suggestion.

Apr 15, 2020
Egg wars is special because the maps and how you play on those maps, Egg wars isn't made to make a whole base at your island with Max gens and just punching everyone of that comes close. I don't call that special, I just call that camping and bow spamming with a punch bow that isn't fun what all games are supposed to be. And the Punch bow is annoying and game breaking, egg wars is supposed to be a interesting battle game where you attack other players eggs and defend yourself at the same time, and some people are taking defending to serious and they camp their egg for 4 hours with a punch bow and max gens. I don't really call that "special". And like I said If you replace the punch bow for a power 3 bow It would be more to the way off overpowered and not annoying.

D

Deleted member 469419

Egg wars isn't made to make a whole base at your island with Max gens and just punching everyone of that comes close. I don't call that special
Welp, you got a point here. This is actually deemed as "camping" and it's a punishable offence, so if you see any player doing this and therefore breaking a rule; you can report them here.

And now, focusing myself into the thread itself; I think that the punch bow it's really good and can save yourself in many situations. What's the problem? Like you're saying the bow can be also used 'in a annoying way' and it can be spammed with the main goal of avoid other players going to their island and as a consequence comes the spam. So, I'd suggest to not remove the punch bows, because as I've said, it can save yourself from many complicated situations, I suggest though, to increment the price of this type of bow to make more difficult afford one of these, or adding a new cool down system of 2-3 seconds which would be only applicable to the punch bow (as yourself proposed above).

Reactions: Grove and Mivke
Apr 15, 2020
Players are sadly allowed to camp their egg and Island but at the other side they're camping a place where you can't come what's also punishable what's a little unclear.

And I mean to if you got full dia but can't even reach the enemy base not even with a pearl becuase they will bow spam you and the punch Is pretty big so you will immediately die. And if you build yourself in they will try to critical hit you until you're dead. Also a power 3 bow can be strong enough to hold players of becuase the damage you deal is insane, or maybe a power 5 bow. But I also see your point punch bows are here to create a distance between you and your enemy but the it's just TO OP. If the price of it increases with 10-15 diamonds and there's a 1.5 cooldown on the bow. Then it's at least possible to fight the person.

(I mean the cooldown for the punch bow)

Apr 15, 2020
no please it costs 25 dia and you can easy kill someone with bow
It took me once 6 hours and 20 minutes to kill 4 people with a punch bow that they farmed from the beginning. I needed to make safety bridges needed to use TNT Pearl's and much more only becuase people that were camping their eggs with punch bows

Grove

Nov 4, 2020
Sinnoh
I understand the frustration of punch bows in game and I agree that it’s annoying, and it happens to me quite a bit. However, using it is just as viable of a strategy as any other imo. Being in drawn out OP games due to those circumstances isn’t irregular, and it’s definitely something anyone should be prepared for going into that gamemode. For an easy solution, I usually just pick up a shield to keep in my hotbar if I think I’m going to be facing someone who’ll resort to a bow to kill me.

Apr 15, 2020
If you use your shield they will try to break the blocks under you so you will fail in the void or they will axe spam you until you figbt back and they bow spam you. And yes it's a strategy but a very frustrating and game breaking one. And I already gave 2 things that can make punch bows less annoying and that's a cooldown and increase of the price. "Everyone should be prepared in the game mode for that" that's the whole point, you NEED to rush those people that are going to camp or they will take the Rss from mod run to their base and max all gens and then they will camp and that's not what egg wars is, egg wars is a game mode where you need attack your enemy and defend your egg at the same time and have fun. It can't be you're just getting bow spammed and then axe spammed and if you fight back immediately bow spammed.

Reactions: Xiarn

Xiarn

Feb 6, 2021
Egg wars is a very good game that a lot of people like and play, and there're almost no issues but there's one point where a lot of people agree with that needs to be removed: Punch bows, Punch bows are only available in Overpowered mode and are really annoying. Like in every overpowered game people can rush each other fast because Items are so heap, and that's why almost all egg wars games are OP. But when you got people in your game that are going to camp you can better just quit your game because the only thing they will do is punch bow spamming you of the edge all-time and they won't attack your egg because they're too scared to get killed. I think the punch bows should be replaced for Power 2-3 bows that are much stronger but aren't throwing you every second from the edge, I just played an egg wars game of 4 hours with my friend because there were 2 teams camping their egg with punch bows full dia etc. A cool down on the punch bows can maybe also be a thing so you won't be spammed by the punch bow but cubecarft remove the punchbows because they're really ruining the game.
I agree but the people who do that usually aren't good at pvp so they make up for it by using punch bows, so all you have to do is safe bridge over to them or camp mid gens for an epearl which I know can be tedious but it is the safest option.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
removing it would be extremely unfair to people who arent as good in pvp as some others, its sometimes also the only way to defend against people who decide to build sky high to attack, end endless pvp battles because of OP armor with golden apples and would ruin people their gameplay a lot. camping, just like rushing, is a valid tactic that should be allowed despite the frustration. however, i think the price could go up a bit or maybe even cost emeralds since these are pointless right now

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I agree but the people who do that usually aren't good at pvp so they make up for it by using punch bows, so all you have to do is safe bridge over to them or camp mid gens for an epearl which I know can be tedious but it is the safest option.
Please do not necro-post. This is replying to threads that haven't been replied to in 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Make sure to read our forum rules here: https://www.cubecraft.net/rules/ Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thanks for the follow 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy birthday Shamel! 🎈
Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair: