CubeCraft Games Translation Team

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Elenahh, May 20, 2019.

1. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    Hello there, CubeCrafters!

Are you fluent in a language that is different from English and wish to help CubeCraft with translations? If yes, you’re reading the right thread.

Before I tell what you can do to help, let me tell you some backstory.
    Back in October 2018, a dedicated Discord server to CubeCraft translations was created. The creator began searching for trustworthy members of the community who would be interested in participating. That’s how the team started slowly growing, to the point where today it has 16 available languages.

The CubeCraft staff team now considers translations as key for the server, and our team will help accomplish this new goal in the future.

What are we searching for?
    We are searching for dedicated members of the community who enjoy working in a team, and would love to help us translate anything CubeCraft needs to be translated.

Here’s what we look for in a potential future member of our team:

• Good English speaker: We know that English is not everyone’s first language, but you need to be able to communicate with the team, as well as understand what you’re translating. If you’re able to do that, then it won’t be a problem for us to invite you.
    • Knowledgeable: It’s very important to be knowledgeable with the workings of the server. Otherwise, you may find it hard to translate certain things. While this does not necessarily include knowing how the servers data center operates and whatnot, it does include knowing the rules, how to play the games, etc.
    • Being able to work in a team: You need to be respectful, listening, and communicative in order to provide the best translations for the server. When you become part of our team, it may happen that you don’t know how to translate a certain thing or how to use a certain tool. If that happens, always ask for help. We are a team for a reason after all!
    • Trustworthy: We need to be able to trust you that you won’t swear, troll, etc in your translations. This won’t be a big problem for us if you’re fluent in the languages below, since we have teammates that can check through your work. That’s how you will earn the chance to prove you are trustworthy with the time. But, it will be a problem if you are applying to become a translator for a new language.
    The languages that we already have:
    • Dutch - We no longer need people for this language. Please do not apply for it.
    • Spanish - We no longer need people for this language. Please do not apply for it.
    • Swedish
    • Arabic
    • French
    • Portuguese
    • Japanese
    • Turkish
    • Norwegian
    • Danish
    • Russian
    • German
    • Bulgarian
    • Greek
    • Finnish
    • Italian
    When you are filling the form that is shared at the end of this thread, spend more time answering the question ‘Why do you want to join our team?’. Things such as activity on the forums, Discord server, and in-game can also help you prove you’re trustworthy. Tell us more about your CubeCraft experience. Since when are you playing on the server? What level are you? What’s your favorite game? Have you found any friends while playing? What does the server mean to you? There is no set requirement, but these questions are there to help us find trustworthy members.

What do you win from joining our team?
    • A good opportunity to practice skills such as language skills and teamwork skills, while being surrounded by pleasant people.
    • Your work will be seen by the community of one of the largest Minecraft networks in the world.
    • If you work hard on translations, you will be rewarded with in-game rewards.

What happens after you submit your response to the form?
    It will be reviewed by the team leader. In other words, the person who founded the team, manages channels, roles, members, projects, makes sure the translations get approved and added when they’re finished and that everything stays organized - me, @Elenahh.

As long as you haven’t submitted a troll response to the form, you’ll be contacted by me via conversation on the forums. I will tell you whether you’re going to be invited or not, the reasoning behind this decision, give you an advice and even help you improve if that’s a thing I can do and if you haven’t given up on trying. So please, after submitting your response, keep your eyes peeled for any unread conversations on the forums.

Here’s the place where you need to submit your response: https://forms.gle/UKcp7UWTu13ErH1b6

That’s it for now. Thank you for your time!
    - The Translation Team.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. Juniortje

Juniortje Member

ImJunior
    Diamond
    Interesting, might apply :)

3. zFqcus

zFqcus Member

zFqcus
    Diamond
    Nice! But no sorry.

4. Teleef

Teleef Member

Teleef
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Sounds good Elenahh! I'll think about it :)

Elenahh likes this.
  5. Blocky

Blocky Member

blocky12
    Lapiz
    I can translate windings

Blank likes this.
  6. elchuii

elchuii Member

elchuii
    Gold
    The best of luck for everyone who applies!

7. RichBoyCheck

RichBoyCheck Member

SantaBabyyy
    Obsidian
    What about irish smh

8. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    Every language is welcome!

RichBoyCheck likes this.
  9. Amor de mis Amores

Amor de mis Amores Member

AmorDeMisAmores
    Diamond
  10. Basketman

Basketman Member

Basketman13
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Wanted to apply for Dutch, but it seems like you don’t need it anymore. Good luck on finding the right translators!

Elenahh likes this.
  11. Marieke2001

Marieke2001 Member

Marieke2001
    Diamond
  12. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    He's already an Arabic and French translator of our team. :)

13. xXIIIIIIXx

xXIIIIIIXx Member

IIIIIIIII_NM
    Emerald
    Много добро предложение,Елена
    Аз съм бг и също бих искал нашият език да бъде включен
    Един въпрос,Ти си обсидиан ранк и под името ти го пише.Аз съм Emerald но не знам как да го настроя за да ми го пише.Как се прави?

Elenahh likes this.
  14. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    Нашият език е част от това от вече доста време и ще продължи да бъде. :) Ще отговоря на въпроса ти на профила ти, тъй като не искам да се отклоняваме от темата. Против правилата на форумите е.

15. zCris2259_YT

zCris2259_YT Member

zCris2259_YT
    Obsidian
    What if they translated this thread?

16. LaVacaCafe

LaVacaCafe Member

17. Riley

Riley Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    Every thread gets checked by numerous staff members, then gets added after being corrected

18. Elenahh

Elenahh Member

Elenahh
    Obsidian
    No need to do that. If you are unable to understand this thread, you won't be invited to join the team anyway. We require our translators to be good English speakers.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Oreoino likes this.
  19. TheyCallMeCute

TheyCallMeCute Member

TheyCallMeCute
    Obsidian
    Sounds good to me maybe
    Sounds good to me! I speak fluent Dutch and Turkish so maybe I will consider participating. :)

Elenahh likes this.
  20. komododragon2002

komododragon2002 Member

komododragon2002
    Emerald
    I would’ve loved to help, but unfortunately Dutch is already taken. Maybe I could help with French. I’ve had it for 5 years now and maybe I can be somewhat useful, although I’m not totally fluent, si vous voyez que je veux dire.

Elenahh likes this.