Not open for further replies.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello I think Cubecraft should be doing everything in there power to remove scam links ASAP and I think it should be added to Cubebot that if a scam link is sent it should be removed straight away and the person permanently banned from the server.

As well as this Cubecraft hates advertising like advertising other servers etc. so if a discord invite comes in chat I think it should also be removed asap and the person punished according to there prior punishments for that offence

And to make sure people aren't false banned or whatever maybe the bot would show staff what message it deleted and who it banned? and staff can look at that everytime someones banned for it? idk if that's even possible but anyway..

In conclusion - Cubebot should remove scam links to keep the community safe ASAP + it should remove discord invite links

ItzBqs

Novice Member
Aug 26, 2021
The Netherlands
Hello I think Cubecraft should be doing everything in there power to remove scam links ASAP and I think it should be added to Cubebot that if a scam link is sent it should be removed straight away and the person permanently banned from the server.

As well as this Cubecraft hates advertising like advertising other servers etc. so if a discord invite comes in chat I think it should also be removed asap and the person punished according to there prior punishments for that offence

And to make sure people aren't false banned or whatever maybe the bot would show staff what message it deleted and who it banned? and staff can look at that everytime someones banned for it? idk if that's even possible but anyway..

In conclusion - Cubebot should remove scam links to keep the community safe ASAP + it should remove discord invite links
I agree, I see it to much in the discord server bots that send a message like do you want discord nitro free.

I hope there will be a solution.

Reactions: Matriox

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I think the message should be deleted immediately by cubebot and the user should be banned from the server. It's true that the user who is sending the links may belong to someone whose account had been stolen or compromised. That's the reason why Cubebot should also DM that user saying something like this: "You have been banned from Cubecraft Network discord server for promoting other discord servers/sending scam links in our text channels. If you didn't do so, then your account has been compromised. You may appeal at: (Appeal link).

Reactions: Matriox

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Most of the time those spam bots are real accounts that got compromised, iirc ive seen an obby ranker getting banned for those scamming links, which imo isnt fair considering it wasnt their intention.
Not really an issue, once the account is secure we can just unban. If we don’t ban them there’s nothing stopping them from just sending the scam link again.

Overall agree here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Top Bottom