Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

xincognito

Jun 13, 2021
Manchester
DISCLAIMER: this is a repost since the previous post was in the wrong section.

I want a revision to how crits work.

I’m pretty sure that most people are aware of the update on crits. Since a few weeks ago, if you aren’t sprinting and are just walking then it will do a guaranteed crit no matter what.

Now I’ll personally argue that I think this takes a fair bit away from the actual gameplay.

•W tapping isn’t really a thing anymore as you don’t need to balance between trying to W tap and holding W as with the walking strategy, you just hold W. Of course you still need to W tap to hold a combo but not at all when trading.

•It’s also so different to every other form of PvP on any other server, I don’t think there’s a single other instance in which people would rather walk than crit. I know that the previous PvP style is somewhat unique but not to this level.

•It’s not at all consistent visually. Why do the crits show on every duels map except for the glass-ice map?

•Even though it’s somewhat annoying itself, it also removes any necessity for jumping to deal a double critical hit. Apparently jumping to do two crits actually does less damage than walk
critting which makes even less sense.

•The effectiveness of strafing is also dramatically diminished. I understand there are good players who may not strafe very much and rely on ping and CPS but to some degree they still strafe. With the walking strategy, the way somebody begins a combo is by nearly always by straightlining (and very occasionally due to strafing). I understand this puts emphasis on aim, which is good, but it makes fights even more trade focused than before.

•The way it works isn’t even consistent. My understanding of it is that if you’re not sprinting/moving then you do a crit e.g. if you’re sprinting into a block infront of you then you can still deal a first hit crit.
As you can see from the clip (I appreciate it’s a bit hard to differentiate but if you look closely you can see if I’m dealing the crits or the other person). You can still deal first hit crits to somebody even when they’re sprinting (the guy I was duelling was sprinting and still pretty consistently dealing first hit crits to me).

To summarise, I either want a fix to occur in which the crits are similar to before in that it’s impossible to deal first hit crits. Alternatively, if it truly isn’t possible to fix them then at least try to have some amount of consistency visually and gameplay wise.

JustWaved

Novice Member
Nov 12, 2020
DISCLAIMER: this is a repost since the previous post was in the wrong section.

I want a revision to how crits work.

I’m pretty sure that most people are aware of the update on crits. Since a few weeks ago, if you aren’t sprinting and are just walking then it will do a guaranteed crit no matter what.

Now I’ll personally argue that I think this takes a fair bit away from the actual gameplay.

•W tapping isn’t really a thing anymore as you don’t need to balance between trying to W tap and holding W as with the walking strategy, you just hold W. Of course you still need to W tap to hold a combo but not at all when trading.

•It’s also so different to every other form of PvP on any other server, I don’t think there’s a single other instance in which people would rather walk than crit. I know that the previous PvP style is somewhat unique but not to this level.

•It’s not at all consistent visually. Why do the crits show on every duels map except for the glass-ice map?

•Even though it’s somewhat annoying itself, it also removes any necessity for jumping to deal a double critical hit. Apparently jumping to do two crits actually does less damage than walk
critting which makes even less sense.

•The effectiveness of strafing is also dramatically diminished. I understand there are good players who may not strafe very much and rely on ping and CPS but to some degree they still strafe. With the walking strategy, the way somebody begins a combo is by nearly always by straightlining (and very occasionally due to strafing). I understand this puts emphasis on aim, which is good, but it makes fights even more trade focused than before.

•The way it works isn’t even consistent. My understanding of it is that if you’re not sprinting/moving then you do a crit e.g. if you’re sprinting into a block infront of you then you can still deal a first hit crit.
As you can see from the clip (I appreciate it’s a bit hard to differentiate but if you look closely you can see if I’m dealing the crits or the other person). You can still deal first hit crits to somebody even when they’re sprinting (the guy I was duelling was sprinting and still pretty consistently dealing first hit crits to me).

To summarise, I either want a fix to occur in which the crits are similar to before in that it’s impossible to deal first hit crits. Alternatively, if it truly isn’t possible to fix them then at least try to have some amount of consistency visually and gameplay wise.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom