Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
So, I've played a bit of Roblox lately because it's basically the only thing that works on the school computers - and one of the games I played gave me an idea that was long overdue.

We've all run into those situations where you're in a team game and you take your opponent down to 1-2 hearts and then they run away. They get cornered by your teammate, but you lost all credit for that kill.

So, here's the idea: If you land at least 50% of the damage on an opponent and someone else kills them (team or not) you will also get credit for the kill along with the person that well, killed them. This also applies to people that die via fire, lava, TnT, jumping in the void, or anvils. However, if you get 40% of the damage, 30% is from TnT, and 30% is from the other player, you will not get plurality credits and only the other player will get credit. Note: If you die and someone else cleans them up, it still counts!

Tags: @KronosReeper @Gainfullterror @Dotsially @Jordei

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Like it or not, in games like Eggwars or Skywars, stealing kills is a strategy for the opposing team.
Just having assists for you and your teams kills, seems a bit pointless. What if they regen after they've been attacked?
Anyways, I'm not very keen on this. They'd have to track that as a stat other than "kills" as you didn't physically get the kill. The finishing blow = the kill.
It'd be a lot more to track during a game, for something that isn't too worth it imo.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Yeah I really don't like this idea
It makes no real sense also I don't you want to get technical you can get an assist kill on yourself also everyone could get kills for just hitting someone once when they were almost dead but not enough for you to kill them
The last player to attack another player that died is the only type of kill I am taking

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
A big problem I have with this is that if this common situation happened.... You go into a fight and it is a close match. The opponent loses but only by one or two hearts. Someone else comes in after the fight ad kills that person, therefor you would still get a kill from it because you did most of the work. However than you are being awarded for winning the fight even though you didn't win so what was the point of fighting in the first place? Also there is a lot of regen happening during a fight so breaking it up by hearts is hard. say that you fight a person and they keep healing with something that gives them major regen (like golden apple or 1.9 saturation) you can do a lot of damage, even over 20 hearts worth if the fight goes on, take it to the extreme and say you do a total of 80 damage throughout the fight. If you die because they have health regeneration, than a player comes along and gets in a fight but they have now ran out of golden apples or food so they can kill them than they need to only do 20 damage. Technically that is only 20% compared to your 80% but they still fought a fair fight. by your logic the dead player (or player who ran away) would get the kill even though the other person did a full amount of kill work but gets nothing in return.

Achillez

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2017
Netherlands // Albania
I understand your point, but it doesn't make sense. If you didn't get the kill, then you didn't get the kill. And you shouldn't get the kill either. It's as easy as that.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I agree. Most of the time I sacrifice myself for my team, to get nothing. What I say here is that if you land a single hit on a person it should count as a point, instead of a kill.

Player A
Player B
Player C

Player A is attacking Player B. Player A has almost killed Player B, leaving him to Half a Heart. However, Player A and Player C are on the same team, and Player C kills player B instead. So, Player C is awarded the Kill to their stats, and a point. However, Player A gets only a point (The reward for a kill), instead of a kill awarded to them, and added to their statistics.

Assist is given only if Two people are on the same team - Player A and C. Player A does most of the work where Player C has killed him. Player A gets a single point, which is the reward for a kill in games. However, player A didn't get the 'Finishing Blow' so he won't have a kill added to his statistics.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Omg why do trees take so long in skyblock xdd
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
Doğum günün kutlu olsun kardo! <3
finally graduated

no that doesn't mean i'm more free
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #68-
Elephants are the only mammals on land that can't jump.
Thunder wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
Doğum günün kutlu olsun! :D
Top Bottom