Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like colony control to remain permanent?

• Total voters

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Ok, so lets start off with the basics, do people even want to see it stay? Well, yes. In the discord there have been over 100 messages in the last 5 minutes (since the announcement was posted) and many forums suggestion posts. Its pretty obvious that people would like to see it stay.

But how would it be changed, so that it can remain as a permanent game? It actually wouldnt be too hard, would it take time and effort yes. But really all that would need to be done is a new map and retexturing of some buildings.

So people want to see this game, and it wouldnt take too much effort to update to a point where it could be permanent, i see no reason not to keep it. It currently sits in the 4th-5th most active game range and is one of the most unique games on the server. So vote in the poll and lets hope that this amazing game can stick around for a bit longer.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
its a great game and deserves to stay for sure! as you mentioned, the basics of the game is here, all it needs is a rework in the design. i feel like both among slimes and colony control have been quite a boost for the server and really got a lot of love for sure, its a shame this gamemode might vanish tho :( i can tell this game took quite a long time to create, would be a shame to throw it all away because christmas is over, now wouldnt it? +1

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I know on Java and Bedrock it defiantly isn't the most popular game, but it does have a decent player count. It's such a unique gamemode too, which makes it even more enjoyable to play. Colony Control isn't my favourite game out there but I will miss it, due to it's uniqueness to other gamemodes.

The design would obviously need a change, but with some time and care it could easily be recreated. I really hope to see it come back next year, along side Present Rush, if it was to leave.

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
I know on Java and Bedrock it defiantly isn't the most popular game, but it does have a decent player count. It's such a unique gamemode too, which makes it even more enjoyable to play. Colony Control isn't my favourite game out there but I will miss it, due to it's uniqueness to other gamemodes.

The design would obviously need a change, but with some time and care it could easily be recreated. I really hope to see it come back next year, along side Present Rush, if it was to leave.
I wouldn't say unique, but they made from an existing game something super cool in minecraft.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I think this game has sooo much opportunity for growth and future updates. But sadly I think it would be a shot in the dark to keep it as a permanent game.

The game will remain unique and special if it only ever comes back around winter, with perhaps a cool update to keep it fresh. But I definitely don't think the current numbers are sufficient to keep it indefinitely.

Like with most seasonal games and featured games, it should be something people grow to expect and get excited about! That will surely keep the game alive for very long.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I think this game has sooo much opportunity for growth and future updates. But sadly I think it would be a shot in the dark to keep it as a permanent game.

The game will remain unique and special if it only ever comes back around winter, with perhaps a cool update to keep it fresh. But I definitely don't think the current numbers are sufficient to keep it indefinitely.

Like with most seasonal games and featured games, it should be something people grow to expect and get excited about! That will surely keep the game alive for very long.
every new game is a shot in the dark tho :P

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
It currently sits in the 4th-5th most active game range and is one of the most unique games on the server.
Don't know about Bedrock, but on Java this is really not the case. It kinda seems like it has died out already and it attracts 100-150 players when there are 5,500 players online at the network. This is not much more than Blockwars Bridges does, which everyone is complaining about still being a permanent game.

I see that a lot of people like the game a lot, so I think they should give it a chance. It does need a good update tho (like you said already), to make it a bit more popular. At it's current state I don't think it should remain a permanent gamemode (on Java at least).

Reactions: InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Don't know about Bedrock, but on Java this is really not the case. It kinda seems like it has died out already and it attracts 100-150 players when there are 5,500 players online at the network. This is not much more than Blockwars Bridges does, which everyone is complaining about still being a permanent game.

I see that a lot of people like the game a lot, so I think they should give it a chance. It does need a good update tho (like you said already), to make it a bit more popular. At it's current state I don't think it should remain a permanent gamemode (on Java at least).
i agree with the fact the game isnt doing too well, but i think its also because cubecraft just died over the last few years. lot of players dont play minecraft anymore, or just on a different server, which makes it very unlikely for people to find theres a new game :c

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
i agree with the fact the game isnt doing too well, but i think its also because cubecraft just died over the last few years. lot of players dont play minecraft anymore, or just on a different server, which makes it very unlikely for people to find theres a new game :c
That makes no sense. Other games attracts several hundreds of players while colony control doesn't. That has nothing to do with the players base being smaller than 3 years ago. Also Cubecraft is growing a lot lately, we went from 3k average players to over 5k average players during european day times, compared to 6 months ago.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
That makes no sense. Other games attracts several hundreds of players while colony control doesn't. That has nothing to do with the players base being smaller than 3 years ago. Also Cubecraft is growing a lot lately, we went from 3k average players to over 5k average players during european day times, compared to 6 months ago.
cubecraft did go down a lot the last few years, (most) of the games have been here since a long time. sure, people come from different games, but how are you going to get as many players as skywars or eggwars, when you dont have any tags for colony control when looking for a server? and theres not much other advertising for this gamemode. besides, you cant compare any of the gamemodes with colony control. they're too different

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
cubecraft did go down a lot the last few years, (most) of the games have been here since a long time. sure, people come from different games, but how are you going to get as many players as skywars or eggwars, when you dont have any tags for colony control when looking for a server? and theres not much other advertising for this gamemode. besides, you cant compare any of the gamemodes with colony control. they're too different
And that's why something should be done to make the game more popular. If that's an update or some advertising doesn't matter, but with the current amount of players it is not active enough to remain a permanent gamemode.

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
Colony is a great game. Probably my most favorite season game that I have played. But, with it being a new game it would be the glitchiest game I have ever played. However, it has improved a lot.

What Changes I would like
-
More Maps
-Smarter villagers (some still get stuck on buildings and don't know that they can go around them)
-Slight increase in gold production
-Have destroyed archers and walls able to be removed

Glitches
-Secure the borders with invis blocks there are 4 ways you can get out of the map.
-You still respawn when your Town Hall is broken but you have 1 other tower.
-When you break a building and you are 1 block under the ground due to the type of building (ex: being in the water on farmers) glitches you in the ground and you can't move.
-Fix the compass (doesn't work for player or buidling)

I'm fine with Colony being a featured game or a permanent game. The game seems to attract many players, but since it's new game, some people haven't learned to play and enjoy the game fully yet. But I do think cube needs more games because everyone has their favorite game.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
And that's why something should be done to make the game more popular. If that's an update or some advertising doesn't matter, but with the current amount of players it is not active enough to remain a permanent gamemode.
updating wont really do the trick if the word wont come out to people who dont know about the game. advertising the server in general would help quite a bit, obviously both for java and bedrock

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Ok, so lets start off with the basics, do people even want to see it stay? Well, yes. In the discord there have been over 100 messages in the last 5 minutes (since the announcement was posted) and many forums suggestion posts. Its pretty obvious that people would like to see it stay.

But how would it be changed, so that it can remain as a permanent game? It actually wouldnt be too hard, would it take time and effort yes. But really all that would need to be done is a new map and retexturing of some buildings.

So people want to see this game, and it wouldnt take too much effort to update to a point where it could be permanent, i see no reason not to keep it. It currently sits in the 4th-5th most active game range and is one of the most unique games on the server. So vote in the poll and lets hope that this amazing game can stick around for a bit longer.
I already made a forum post on this? Surely even though you are staff this counts as duplication posting? Ive already made a thread on ideas for how it could stay?

Also if the player count really matters delete Survival Games, Minerware and any gamemode below 1,000 players?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
Top Bottom