Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmilk

Jan 26, 2021
Hello cubecrafters, I have some ideas for changes to the normal mode of eggwars that I think will make the mode more fun to play.

The problem of normal mode right now.
Normal mode right now doesn’t get played very much, many players who have ranks prefer to vote overpowered mode this has many reasons that people vote op instead of normal like one I will adress today that some basic items are nice and cheap ( all reasons that people like OP you can find here https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/just-a-quick-question.252525/ ) . I don’t really think the items in op are that cheap I just think the items in normal just aren’t normal they’re just expensive.

What changes I would like to see implemented to make better.
I have explained the problem I see with normal now I would just like to say now how this could be changed and made better, I think the steak and blocks should be the same as in overpowered 1 iron for 1 steak and 1 iron for 3 blocks. I think this will be good cause its now just too expensive and people don’t like it people don’t like paying 3 iron per steak they don’t like worrying about having enough food and blocks I don’t understand why blocks shouldn’t be cheap it’s nicer to rush if blocks are cheap and you don’t run into the problem of having too few blocks or having to wait in the generator to get more iron for blocks. I would also love to see stone pickaxe being made cheaper cause I find it to be very expensive 10 iron when even a sword is 5 iron I don’t have an idea what it should be changed to tho.

Why this wouldn’t make OP not OP anymore.
I hear a lot when telling this to people “If they implement this OP isn’t OP anymore.” I would just like to debunk this before people comment this on this thread. OP would still be OP because of the protection armor the more possibilities in the shop for things to buy like the sharpness 5 diamond sword and the cheaper late game items.

I would like to hear you guys opinion on this too so please leave a comment with what you think

bearmilk

Jan 26, 2021
I don't agree with you, sorry
In my opinion egg wars is good as it is right now,
Could you give any reason why this shouldn't be added as I can't do anything with what you said really. Eggwars is good now but in my opinion it would be better if they added this, can you explain why you disagree why you think adding this wouldn't make it better.

Reactions: zMigi_

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I absolutely agree with you, I think normal mode is much better than overpowered, but somehow people prefer the overpowered gamemode. Mostly because they like fast games (funny, because apart from buying blocks faster in the first 5 seconds overpowered games take way longer than normal games).

However, I don't think this will change anything. People prefer overpowered and even with these changes they will still prefer overpowered. I personally think normal is better the way it is now and as making these changes probably won't change the situation I'd prefer it to stay this way.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
Could you give any reason why this shouldn't be added as I can't do anything with what you said really. Eggwars is good now but in my opinion it would be better if they added this, can you explain why you disagree why you think adding this wouldn't make it better.
I just don't see op and normal having the same price for blocks and food, they would need to change op then
op is mostly used for people that are "decent" in the game and want fast wins while normal is for a more "casual" player base, (quotation marks used because I've known casual people that can totally destroy any eggwars tryhard) I like to play both versions but I don't like them to have the same prices

I'm always down to having a conversation about this elsewhere, discord or here
I absolutely agree with you, I think normal mode is much better than overpowered, but somehow people prefer the overpowered gamemode. Mostly because they like fast games (funny, because apart from buying blocks faster in the first 5 seconds overpowered games take way longer than normal games).
If you vote overpowered and half health games are way faster than a normal game
(not counting someone gets a bow and camp) but that can happen in any game mode xd

Reactions: Deann and keirah

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
(not counting someone gets a bow and camp) but that can happen in any game mode xd
In overpowered there is always one team that gets a bow and starts camping. Farming an enderpearl + the long fight because of the protection armour and their 6 layer obsidian egg just takes so long and is annoying. This doesn't happen in normal, and when someone does camp in normal it is way faster to beat them. Upon that, it is just so satisfying that you can kill a full iron with a stone axe in just a few hits in normal mode. That is the real feeling of EggWars for me, not the endless fights and campy games.

I understand that you prefer overpowered if you are really good and play in a team with players that are also really good, so you can eliminate every team before they can grab diamonds, but I'm personally not good enough to do that every time.

But that's my point of view. I have accepted that most players view it differently and it's their choice. Nearly every player likes it this way so it should definitely stay this way in my opinion.

Reactions: Deann

keirah

Novice Member
Jul 20, 2020
THEY/she
ehhh- i mean im going to have to disagree. personally, i like the way the prices are set up right now. they prices for all game modes (op, normal, hardcore) are actually very reasonable and should stay as they are. i do agree that it gets frustrating playing op all the time and like to have some variety. but i think the prices should stay as they are. i agree with @_EliteAmigo when he says that op is for people that are considered "decent" at the game and just want quicker games.. like me.. i hate games that last longer than even 15 minutes, i just cant focus and enjoy games that last too long. idk tho maybe i just havent played normal enough

Reactions: Deann and zMigi_

bearmilk

Jan 26, 2021
I just don't see op and normal having the same price for blocks and food, they would need to change op then
op is mostly used for people that are "decent" in the game and want fast wins while normal is for a more "casual" player base, (quotation marks used because I've known casual people that can totally destroy any eggwars tryhard) I like to play both versions but I don't like them to have the same prices

I'm always down to having a conversation about this elsewhere, discord or here

Why does it matter tho if normal gets the same prices for the items I named in the thread? Also most casual players can't even play normal cause many casual players don't have a rank and all most every game gets voted to op half health. You say in your response all about how op is meant for rushing and normal for the casual player but I actually don't understand how it has anything to do with this. Please explain to me why it's bad that prices would be dropped you can still play your same old op mode. I think normal will just be more fun what I dont know how that could be seen as a bad thing.

bearmilk

Jan 26, 2021
ehhh- i mean im going to have to disagree. personally, i like the way the prices are set up right now. they prices for all game modes (op, normal, hardcore) are actually very reasonable and should stay as they are. i do agree that it gets frustrating playing op all the time and like to have some variety. but i think the prices should stay as they are. i agree with @_EliteAmigo when he says that op is for people that are considered "decent" at the game and just want quicker games.. like me.. i hate games that last longer than even 15 minutes, i just cant focus and enjoy games that last too long. idk tho maybe i just havent played normal enough
Normal games aren't long at all and with this update will be shorter I don't understand how after this update of making items cheaper in normal Op games would be shorter. But I see what you say but please just explain to me why normal can't have cheaper items. Like this stuff about op being for better players doesn't have much to do with it.

bearmilk

Jan 26, 2021
What I also like to add to this thread is the fact that I find the forums bad place to receive feedback on this thread cause most of the people on this forum are tryhards eggwars players who play op. I think there are very few casual players on here who don't play much cubecraft. But I think they would like to have more normal and to have lower prices in normal. So I think the general opinion of cubecrafters on a thread like this is way different than displayed on forums.

Reactions: Maaarijn

keirah

Novice Member
Jul 20, 2020
THEY/she
Why does it matter tho if normal gets the same prices for the items I named in the thread? Also most casual players can't even play normal cause many casual players don't have a rank and all most every game gets voted to op half health. You say in your response all about how op is meant for rushing and normal for the casual player but I actually don't understand how it has anything to do with this. Please explain to me why it's bad that prices would be dropped you can still play your same old op mode. I think normal will just be more fun what I dont know how that could be seen as a bad thing.
like you had said earlier then op loses its purpose. the prices are perfect for how they are and are actually satisfying..op 1 iron give you 3 blocks normal 1 iron gives you 2 blocks and hardcore 1 iron gives you one block. it just would be off if you had they op and normal same prices. it just doesnt make any sense to me.
What I also like to add to this thread is the fact that I find the forums bad place to receive feedback on this thread cause most of the people on this forum are tryhards eggwars players who play op. I think there are very few casual players on here who don't play much cubecraft. But I think they would like to have more normal and to have lower prices in normal. So I think the general opinion of cubecrafters on a thread like this is way different than displayed on forums.
also bahah i think the forums is great as it is because it wouldnt make sense to have people on the forums that hardly play cubecraft- it just seems odd. also "tryhard eggwars players who play op" i dont even like op or normal, i would rather play hardcore any day :)

bearmilk

Jan 26, 2021
like you had said earlier then op loses its purpose. the prices are perfect for how they are and are actually satisfying..op 1 iron give you 3 blocks normal 1 iron gives you 2 blocks and hardcore 1 iron gives you one block. it just would be off if you had they op and normal same prices. it just doesnt make any sense to me.

also bahah i think the forums is great as it is because it wouldnt make sense to have people on the forums that hardly play
If you would read the thread you could have seen I address why op would not lose its purpose lol.
And to reply to the 2nd part: You think the forums are great cause you are one of the tryhard rankers. It would make sense to hear other people opinions not only from the forums. Cause like the biggest part of the playerbase doesn't play very much and isn't very tryhard and isn't on the forums but it's good to hear they're opinion aswel as they're the big part of the player base instead of only the opinion of players who nolife this game.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
1 iron for 1 steak
I don't agree, in Overpowerd everyone will buy steaks for a good health regeneration and for more saturation. 1 steak and you are back in the game. 3 is fine, 5 was too expensive, I think you can live with 3 iron = 1 steak.
1 iron for 3 blocks.

1 iron for 3 blocks. I simply don't agree with this too. 3 blocks for 1 iron is already in overpowerd which in my opinion that Normal will be OP. Only the armor doesn't match. I always liked the older version in 2015 because so am I but I think it's too cheap.

bearmilk

Jan 26, 2021
I don't agree, in Overpowerd everyone will buy steaks for a good health regeneration and for more saturation. 1 steak and you are back in the game. 3 is fine, 5 was too expensive, I think you can live with 3 iron = 1 steak.

1 iron for 3 blocks. I simply don't agree with this too. 3 blocks for 1 iron is already in overpowerd which in my opinion that Normal will be OP. Only the armor doesn't match. I always liked the older version in 2015 because so am I but I think it's too cheap.
Why does it matter if steak is cheap in normal mode lol people find it annoying to spend much iron on food and this would just fix it. I don't understand how 3 is fine please explain to me.

On the 2nd part: I legit explain in the thread why normal won't be op and op will still be Op. Blocks are needed but too expensive in normal. I only see in your comment really that normal will be like Op but I explain in my thread that it wouldn't be so please read the thread thank you.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
In overpowered there is always one team that gets a bow and starts camping. Farming an enderpearl + the long fight because of the protection armour and their 6 layer obsidian egg just takes so long and is annoying. This doesn't happen in normal, and when someone does camp in normal it is way faster to beat them. Upon that, it is just so satisfying that you can kill a full iron with a stone axe in just a few hits in normal mode. That is the real feeling of EggWars for me, not the endless fights and campy games.

I understand that you prefer overpowered if you are really good and play in a team with players that are also really good, so you can eliminate every team before they can grab diamonds, but I'm personally not good enough to do that every time.

But that's my point of view. I have accepted that most players view it differently and it's their choice. Nearly every player likes it this way so it should definitely stay this way in my opinion.
I don't know your playstyle but I understand this can happen a lot.
however, when I'm playing eggwars (op & half heart) is usually to
rush and I barely see anyone getting a bow with-in the 5-10 minutes the game last, it can happen I'm not saying it won't but op is used so that games can be won without other people getting stacked so easily, I'm sure @keirah would agree with some points on this

And to reply to the 2nd part: You think the forums are great cause you are one of the tryhard rankers. It would make sense to hear other people opinions not only from the forums. Cause like the biggest part of the playerbase doesn't play very much and isn't very tryhard and isn't on the forums but it's good to hear they're opinion aswel as they're the big part of the player base instead of only the opinion of players who nolife this game.
Being on the network for a longer period of time doesn't mean everyone on the forum is a tryhard

Reactions: Deann and Zathelas

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Why does it matter if steak is cheap in normal mode lol people find it annoying to spend much iron on food and this would just fix it. I don't understand how 3 is fine please explain to me.

On the 2nd part: I legit explain in the thread why normal won't be op and op will still be Op. Blocks are needed but too expensive in normal. I only see in your comment really that normal will be like Op but I explain in my thread that it wouldn't be so please read the thread thank you.
Like I said, steak gives you good healing, I won't change my mind on this. It gives you good saturation and HP. It is in MY opinion that it looks like Overpowerd. Not yours. I know prot armor is a thing and it wouldn't make it normal but for steak and blocks it is imo. I don't see this as a change.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
In overpowered there is always one team that gets a bow and starts camping. Farming an enderpearl + the long fight because of the protection armour and their 6 layer obsidian egg just takes so long and is annoying.
I always vote OP and this hardly happens to me, maybe 1 in every 15-20 games. The reason I personally vote OP is for the rushing yeah, but also because fights are way less fluky. In normal if you get crit a couple times from behind you're already dead, nothing you can really do. In OP you can usually always come back, or do something to better survive a fight.

That said, I understand people who vote normal, and I used to as well. My issue with this idea is that the whole premise of normal mode is that it's a slower game. Obsidian costs more, food costs more, blocks cost more, but it's all for a reason. If you have people rushing with OP levels of blocks and food it defeats the point of normal mode existing. Steak prices have also already been looked at and changed in the past from 5 iron to 3, and most players think that's fine where it is.
You think the forums are great cause you are one of the tryhard rankers.
@keirah is not what I would call a tryhard 👀

• Haha
Reactions: keirah and Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I always vote OP and this hardly happens to me, maybe 1 in every 15-20 games.
Fair enough, but it at least happens way more often than in normal and if it happens it takes way longer to deal with in overpowered.

The reason I personally vote OP is for the rushing yeah, but also because fights are way less fluky. In normal if you get crit a couple times from behind you're already dead, nothing you can really do. In OP you can usually always come back, or do something to better survive a fight.
A fair point, and we have a different opinion about this. I personally like the normal fights a lot more. I hate the long lasting fights in overpowered, the fact that your leather armour is broken after 1 fight and having to buy 2 sets of full iron to survive the 6 minutes lasting fight.
But I can understand it if you like that, as I said we have a different point of view in that! ;)

That said, I understand people who vote normal, and I used to as well. My issue with this idea is that the whole premise of normal mode is that it's a slower game. Obsidian costs more, food costs more, blocks cost more, but it's all for a reason. If you have people rushing with OP levels of blocks and food it defeats the point of normal mode existing. Steak prices have also already been looked at and changed in the past from 5 iron to 3, and most players think that's fine where it is.
I agree with this as well. Even after changing those aspects making the normal mode perfect as it is, people still tend to prefer overpowered. This proves that reducing steak and block prices to 1 and 3 iron in normal won't change a thing. People like overpowered for more reasons than just the cheaper blocks and food, they also like the combat better and the cheaper obsidian for instance. You can't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom