Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CubeCraft change OP items in skywars?

• Yes; as outlined in the original post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Whenever OP items is picked, I pretty much leave every time because it's just so bad, for two main reasons.

Fights take too long. With full protection diamond armour and a stack of gaps, the only way to kill someone really without the fight taking ages is to knock them into the void, and if you can't then good luck. Knocking people into the void really isn't the best way to kill people and if you don't want to spend hours fighting you will have to.

Inventory management. This may sound like a small thing, but it really isn't. If you get some armour out of a chest, since it's all enchanted diamond, you have to check what enchantment is on it, then check what enchantment you already have, then if it's better equip it, as oppose to normal items where you just look at the two armour pieces and if it is better (chain to iron, iron to diamond) then you can equip it, quick and easy. You might think this is just a very minor issue, however skywars is very fast paced and those seconds could be spent getting loot or seeing someone running at you, and if you are looking at your enchants they could have already killed you.

I think, to stop this, you should be able to get iron and diamond armour (equal chance to get either) and same with sword, also sharp 2 iron sword and sharp 1 diamond swords will be able to be gotten. Enchanted diamond armour (prot 1) will be obtainable as mid loot, also stuff like punch bows and enderpearls will remain. Let me know what you think!

Reactions: Jiivan

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I guess you're talking about 1.8 as you said 'a stack of gaps'?

I get your points, but I presonally don't agree. I think in 1.8 overpowered chests are perfectly balanced. Fights rarely take long for me and because of the ridiculous amount of knockback you deal in 1.8 it's pretty easy to knock your opponent in the void.

I understand what you mean with the armour pieces, but I've personally never had too big of an issue with this. Also when they make it iron and diamond I think that would be pretty unbalanced, even when they gave the iron armour pieces protection V.

In 1.9 there is one thing about overpowered I think that needs to change, and that is food. Because they removed golden apple stacks from the loot pool, you rarely get gapples. This isn't the biggest problem, even tho some more gapples would be more fitting (imo). The biggest problem is that the regular foods don't drop a lot in chests. Meaning that usually I only find 4 apples and one piece of bread on my own island. If you understand 1.9 combat a little you'd know that those aren't the best for saturation. Therefor I'd suggest to increase the droprate of steak, so you get at least 10 steak each time from the chests on your own island.
I don't know if they did this on purpose, maybe to make fights last less long because people can rarely heal, but if someone has a gapple and you only have a regular apple you're not gonna win that fight.

Lol this was a pretty big message but I hope you understand it :P

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🤍
Always so fun to go to bed after playing Cubecraft with a friend:D (Might wake up and play again hahah) Then repeat xD
UncleSpect wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Dodo 🦤
Amazinq wrote on Catss's profile.
A bit late but thanks for everything
I just reached 50th on the Competitive Parkour leaderboard this would be my third leaderboard on Cubecraft:D
Parkour Competitive leader bord games.png
Screenbits 2024-05-24_005032.png
Top Bottom