Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe the Blockwars team balancing should be modified in any way?

• Total voters

RedJayGames

Jul 5, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Heya!

Short Summary (if you don't have time to read below): The automatic balancing of teams during a Blockwars game that is in progress should be removed.

Blockwars is one of those gamemodes where if your team is doing good enough, the enemies may get angry and quit. However, Blockwars is also the gamemode where teams will be rebalanced mid-game. I do not find this to be fair; if your team is doing so much better that the enemies quit, you should not be punished by potentially being moved to the enemy team. I can understand the rebalancing during the pre-game (during which time you build up your defenses). However, when the game is in progress, the teams should be final (minus anyone who leaves).

Team balancing can break apart parties as well. @ChaosConjurer and I have experienced it firsthand; we were in a match together while in a party, but after some enemies left the game, I was dragged over to the other team, leaving him behind.

Aside from annoying players by forcing them to swap teams, the team balancing forces those players to play for their enemies. In most cases, people will only quit if they do not think they have any chance to win. That being said, it is often times difficult to make a comeback in Blockwars, especially after a wrench is thrown into the strategy of both teams (as a side note, players may begin to throw the game, sacrificing their own win/loss ratio for that of the friends who were in a party with them).

Anyway, I hope that this thread brings light to the issue.
Have a good morning, evening, night, or whatever else you may have, and thanks for reading.
~Red

P.S. I do not know if this has been posted before. I do not believe it has.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Heya!

Short Summary (if you don't have time to read below): The automatic balancing of teams during a Blockwars game that is in progress should be removed.

Blockwars is one of those gamemodes where if your team is doing good enough, the enemies may get angry and quit. However, Blockwars is also the gamemode where teams will be rebalanced mid-game. I do not find this to be fair; if your team is doing so much better that the enemies quit, you should not be punished by potentially being moved to the enemy team. I can understand the rebalancing during the pre-game (during which time you build up your defenses). However, when the game is in progress, the teams should be final (minus anyone who leaves).

Team balancing can break apart parties as well. @ChaosConjurer and I have experienced it firsthand; we were in a match together while in a party, but after some enemies left the game, I was dragged over to the other team, leaving him behind.

Aside from annoying players by forcing them to swap teams, the team balancing forces those players to play for their enemies. In most cases, people will only quit if they do not think they have any chance to win. That being said, it is often times difficult to make a comeback in Blockwars, especially after a wrench is thrown into the strategy of both teams (as a side note, players may begin to throw the game, sacrificing their own win/loss ratio for that of the friends who were in a party with them).

Anyway, I hope that this thread brings light to the issue.
Have a good morning, evening, night, or whatever else you may have, and thanks for reading.
~Red

P.S. I do not know if this has been posted before. I do not believe it has.
This has been posted before and lots of debate about it has happened. I personally think it should be fixed or removed so that the game can either end by having no opponents, or have volunteers go against the remaining team.
I agree with all of this and would love for something to happen concerning the team balancing.

MrKairi

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico City
I think it would be better to just balance the teams before the time runs out to cover the flag, after that time, if it should be removed since it,has touched me that I am winning and as someone from the other team comes out, they move me to that And I lose

iQuantum2K

Apr 3, 2017
I've never played this game but in any mini games, a team balancer is needed to make fair and even teams. I think they should modify it so i bases the teams on the players stats, like maybe a MySQL database to record the player stats and then balance the teams compared on all of the stats from the players

RedJayGames

Jul 5, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I've never played this game but in any mini games, a team balancer is needed to make fair and even teams. I think they should modify it so i bases the teams on the players stats, like maybe a MySQL database to record the player stats and then balance the teams compared on all of the stats from the players
I agree that balance between the teams is needed; however, in Blockwars that can happen after the game has begun. One team could have captured the flag twice while the other hasn't captured it at all, and even in that situation the teams will be rebalanced, making some players lose unfairly. That is why I think this must be addressed.

This has been posted before and lots of debate about it has happened. I personally think it should be fixed or removed so that the game can either end by having no opponents, or have volunteers go against the remaining team.
I agree with all of this and would love for something to happen concerning the team balancing.
I checked the last five pages or so of suggestion threads and didn't see anything about this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, however; I'll be sure to look more for threads about the same topic before posting another suggestion.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I agree that balance between the teams is needed; however, in Blockwars that can happen after the game has begun. One team could have captured the flag twice while the other hasn't captured it at all, and even in that situation the teams will be rebalanced, making some players lose unfairly. That is why I think this must be addressed.

I checked the last five pages or so of suggestion threads and didn't see anything about this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, however; I'll be sure to look more for threads about the same topic before posting another suggestion.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-suggest-of-in-game-team-balance.192494/#post-857180
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/blockwars-suggestions-rework.185119/#post-791641
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/remove-or-fix-blockwars-rebalance.184774/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/n...-system-the-respawn-queue.184007/#post-784204
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/a...-multiple-gamemodes.181142/page-2#post-764246
I got these, some older, some newer by searching "Blockwars Rebalance" just the first few in the list.

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
By taking out the team balancing during the game will eliminate the winning team from being punished. I agree that players should not be punished for winning

A suggestion that I suggest is to make the games shorter so people won't leave because game.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I believe that the team balancing, while annoying and frustrating, is needed so that teams can be balanced as best as possible. I wouldn't like how it could possibly end up a potential 1-8v1 or whatever. Essentially saying that a game could be horribly unbalanced. If the balancing system were to be removed, it would make the game worse and I'm sure that a part of the BW community would stop playing, making the game go downhill.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Top Bottom