Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

JT8D

Apr 22, 2018
Wherever I am
Dear players,

Block Wars has been filled with one team of party hackers (sometimes pros I admit but not that often), and the other team of the newbies. This, if stuck on the worse team makes the game unplayable as they all just leave eventually. Then the party team just spawn kills. Parties are great but now instead of making the game fun and interesting, it's slowly turning away new players and the older ones like myself - because I don't belong to a 'group' I get left alone facing the party after the newbies leave.

I know that this doesn't have a simple solution, but I have found myself enjoying games less and less. Some two years ago this was the only game I played on multiplayer. Then Cubecraft decided to remove it. Now my once favorite game is starting to collapse from reasons of the community within. Give the new players a chance to get to know what block wars can truly be.

Games filled with hackers are not for me to comment on really, but it is a big issue on Cubecraft and I would urge staff to consider a new report system that is more user friendly than the current one. I have footage of hackers but it is too much of a burden to get through to report, and so I end up just forgetting about incidents. Other servers run better anti-cheat systems.

Please consider the party problem.. again

JT8D

Reactions: Andyyy

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
There are only a couple well known hackers in community so I wouldn't call them teams of hackers. The issue of big parties exists in every game but in Blockwars, there is an extremely committed community who play every time it's featured for most of the day, which leads to most games having parties in them.

CTF isn't as bad with the problem because games go quickly, but I'd admit that it's getting worse as I'm seeing way more people leaving games and leaving the last players pretty defenceless simply because there's no reason to stay with no exp or points gained after losing.

Core is the worst just because even an extremely good player on their own just cannot win consistently or quickly in core because it's a slow painful war of attrition where you can't attack and defend at the same time, meaning you have to team up for games to not always go into overtime. Many of these committed players don't play core as often but when they do, the only fun thing to do is kill farming because the objective of the game itself is so boring.

Parties can't be solved but gaining something when you lose and core health being reduced by about half will make the game more fun for everyone.

Reactions: Maaarijn and JT8D

JT8D

Apr 22, 2018
Wherever I am
You can't forbid people to play with their friends. If you don't want to play against the pro teams just leave the game before it starts and join a new game.

That is a solution but not very viable since it is a featured game. I want as many as possible. What I ask the community is to have smaller parties or possibly split the larger ones between the two teams. This would make the games fun for all and even bring back some form of challenge to those in pro parties.

JT8D

Apr 22, 2018
Wherever I am
There are only a couple well known hackers in community so I wouldn't call them teams of hackers. The issue of big parties exists in every game but in Blockwars, there is an extremely committed community who play every time it's featured for most of the day, which leads to most games having parties in them.

CTF isn't as bad with the problem because games go quickly, but I'd admit that it's getting worse as I'm seeing way more people leaving games and leaving the last players pretty defenceless simply because there's no reason to stay with no exp or points gained after losing.

Core is the worst just because even an extremely good player on their own just cannot win consistently or quickly in core because it's a slow painful war of attrition where you can't attack and defend at the same time, meaning you have to team up for games to not always go into overtime. Many of these committed players don't play core as often but when they do, the only fun thing to do is kill farming because the objective of the game itself is so boring.

Parties can't be solved but gaining something when you lose and core health being reduced by about half will make the game more fun for everyone.

I do agree with what you say, and I have been in the community for years, albeit quite alone and not very prominent. Having played recently I have noticed some hackers that I haven't seen before, but I do agree that the party issue might not apply to them much. As for this issue, it is getting worse. CTF is doing marginally better as you say. But I am now at the point that if a large party joins, I get to the verge of wanting to leave. And this is one of my favorite games ever. It's not my fault that I never really got into any community groups. And now it's almost impossible to get to know them with short 2 day features.

Core does need to have less health. Getting something from loosing needs to happen. Years ago there was 5xp for loosing. That's gone. Even though xp has no purpose on Cubecraft whatsoever, no level rewards... so why would anyone want it?

Reactions: Andyyy

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
The simplest way to get into the community is simply talking in chat. That's what I did and what post people did to get into the community. Most people are pretty welcoming to others and will happily invite you if you are nice. Not being a part of the community means you miss out on a big part of the experience and without them, I probably wouldn't be playing at all.

Reactions: JT8D and Maaarijn
D

Deleted member 347571

@JT8D i will play with you in the next blockwars period if you give me your IGN.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welkom terug Bram :)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
Top Bottom