Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
Sorry for the small suggestion but I felt like this map was going too far and that I needed to make a suggestion about it.
Hey, guys welcome to a new suggestion by your boy Oreo =) !

Let's get straight to the suggestion. The suggestion is to remove the massive structure in the center of the map.
T
he reason why I want this structure removed is because it's essentially a pre-made sky base by the builders, that encourages camping and slows the games of SkyWars, because, even if you can mine from the bottom of the structure to the top, first of all, you lose a ton of time and second, the excuse "You can mine from the bottom of the map to the top" also could apply to sky bases because you can also mine from the bottom to the top, should that mean that we should allow sky bases? I don't think so.

Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate.
This is a pre-made structure that is part of the map, so, even if you're on the top of the map (24 blocks tall, 21 blocks wide) you wouldn't get punished, because it's essentially a part of the map and, even more, it has an enchantment table, an anvil, and four chests. It almost seems like if Cube wanted us to camp on that map.

If you've been on the forums for a while you'll remember the trees of the map blossom, in lucky islands. These trees were removed essentially because they were too tall and encouraged camping. The massive structure on the map birdhouse also is too tall and encourages camping.

If you've read the whole thread and you still don't know what structure I am talking about, look at the following spoiler.

Birdhous.jpg

I hope you could find it, it was a bit hidden so I had to point it with red arrows... xd

Thanks for reading and don't forget to give your feedback on the comments, they are very important to me! =)

TAG: @Efcluke94

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
Yes, this would be a very good change. I've had some issues in the past on this map because of people who were camping, which was very annoying because when you try to build up, they just snowball/shoot you off. It's a small change, but a very useful one.

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
I never had any issues with this structure, which is why I don't think it should go
Maybe you haven't had issues with the structure, but, you've probably found someone who was sky basing right? Well, now imagine that that sky base is 24 blocks tall, and 21 blocks wide, it has 4 chests that refill, an anvil and an enchantment table.
It's definitely an issue and it happens almost every time I play on the map, especially on bedrock.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Maybe you haven't had issues with the structure, but, you've probably found someone who was sky basing right? Well, now imagine that that sky base is 24 blocks tall, and 21 blocks wide, it has 4 chests that refill, an anvil and an enchantment table.
It's definitely an issue and it happens almost every time I play on the map, especially on bedrock.
It's not really that big of an issue because if I find someone camping up there, I just mine and build up from the inside, so no one can get to me :)
I've been playing a lot of on Bedrock lately and also there, no issues for me

Reactions: Eli

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
It's not really that big of an issue because if I find someone camping up there, I just mine and build up from the inside, so no one can get to me :)
I've been playing a lot of on Bedrock lately and also there, no issues for me
"You can mine from the bottom of the map to the top" also could apply to sky bases because you can also mine from the bottom to the top, should that mean that we should allow sky bases? I don't think so.

xXTimtouXx

Apr 23, 2017
België
Sorry for the small suggestion but I felt like this map was going too far and that I needed to make a suggestion about it.
Hey, guys welcome to a new suggestion by your boy Oreo =) !

Let's get straight to the suggestion. The suggestion is to remove the massive structure in the center of the map.
T
he reason why I want this structure removed is because it's essentially a pre-made sky base by the builders, that encourages camping and slows the games of SkyWars, because, even if you can mine from the bottom of the structure to the top, first of all, you lose a ton of time and second, the excuse "You can mine from the bottom of the map to the top" also could apply to sky bases because you can also mine from the bottom to the top, should that mean that we should allow sky bases? I don't think so.

Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate.
This is a pre-made structure that is part of the map, so, even if you're on the top of the map (24 blocks tall, 21 blocks wide) you wouldn't get punished, because it's essentially a part of the map and, even more, it has an enchantment table, an anvil, and four chests. It almost seems like if Cube wanted us to camp on that map.

If you've been on the forums for a while you'll remember the trees of the map blossom, in lucky islands. These trees were removed essentially because they were too tall and encouraged camping. The massive structure on the map birdhouse also is too tall and encourages camping.

If you've read the whole thread and you still don't know what structure I am talking about, look at the following spoiler.

I hope you could find it, it was a bit hidden so I had to point it with red arrows... xd

Thanks for reading and don't forget to give your feedback on the comments, they are very important to me! =)

TAG: @Efcluke94
I agree with you that camping does slow down the game and can be quite annoying, but don't you think this is just one example of the many maps where there are structures like this? I don't think removing this one bit will resolve the camping.
Sometimes it isn't as bad to have a spot like that I know some people just straight up abuse it but for some people like me who aren't as good in PVP as most others it's also a spot to regain your health and chill for a bit.
If this particular spot bothers a lot of people they should consider changing it, but if it's just a pain for you I don't think they will.
I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
I agree with you that camping does slow down the game and can be quite annoying, but don't you think this is just one example of the many maps where there are structures like this? I don't think removing this one bit will resolve the camping.
Sometimes it isn't as bad to have a spot like that I know some people just straight up abuse it but for some people like me who aren't as good in PVP as most others it's also a spot to regain your health and chill for a bit.
If this particular spot bothers a lot of people they should consider changing it, but if it's just a pain for you I don't think they will.
I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.
I am not trying to solve camping on all the maps though, it's not possible since there will always be people that will build up. But the fact that there is a 24 block tall and 21 block wide structure in the middle of the map that has four chests that will refill as many refills there is in Skywars, has an enchantment table and an anvil is too much.
All that you said with "It can be a place to regain and chill for a bit" and "People who aren't good at PVP get advantage of it" could also apply for sky bases. They go up to chill and relax, and if they are not good at PvP they just stay up there. It's the same thing as the massive structure in the map birdhouse just that in this case it's not punishable because it's a pre-made structure that belongs to the map.

Reactions: xXTimtouXx

xXTimtouXx

Apr 23, 2017
België
I am not trying to solve camping on all the maps though, it's not possible since there will always be people that will build up. But the fact that there is a 24 block tall and 21 block wide structure in the middle of the map that has four chests that will refill as many refills there is in Skywars, has an enchantment table and an anvil is too much.
All that you said with "It can be a place to regain and chill for a bit" and "People who aren't good at PVP get advantage of it" could also apply for sky bases. They go up to chill and relax, and if they are not good at PvP they just stay up there. It's the same thing as the massive structure in the map birdhouse just that in this case it's not punishable because it's a pre-made structure that belongs to the map.
Yeah I get that you're trying to solve sky bases, but without a lot of thinking I can come up with atleast 3 more maps that has a mid spot that is pretty tall, has a bunch of chests, has an enchinting table, etc...
I think that you just got unlucky with the players that joined your game and that it's not only the map to blame.
I'm not trying to break down your idea of getting rid of campers and premade sky bases in maps, but I don't think this spot is that bad it should be removed.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
"You can mine from the bottom of the map to the top" also could apply to sky bases because you can also mine from the bottom to the top, should that mean that we should allow sky bases? I don't think so.
The difference is that with skybases, someone just pillars up and creates a platform. So actually, no, you can't mine up without being vulnerable and exposed to projectiles

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
The difference is that with sky bases, someone just pillars up and creates a platform. So actually, no, you can't mine up without being vulnerable and exposed to projectiles
If you break under that person's own pillar and build up under them, they have barely any angle to shoot you, maybe other players have a chance to shoot you but that also could apply to Bird House? Someone could just come behind you while you're breaking up and hit you. Plus, if you cover yourself with blocks while building to a sky baser they can't shoot you off either, that doesn't mean it's allowed, does it? (the map essentially gives you a covered place to build up. It's still tedious and makes the game much slower and it's essentially the same as a sky base just that way more overpowered.) Also, when you're building up there's a glass part, it's very likely they can see you and burn you with lava.

Yeah I get that you're trying to solve sky bases, but without a lot of thinking I can come up with atleast 3 more maps that has a mid spot that is pretty tall, has a bunch of chests, has an enchinting table, etc...
I think that you just got unlucky with the players that joined your game and that it's not only the map to blame.
I'm not trying to break down your idea of getting rid of campers and premade sky bases in maps, but I don't think this spot is that bad it should be removed.
I am not trying to solve sky bases on every map, I told you. I am trying to solve the problem with a massive structure that essentially is a sky base but pre-built by the server itself. It's annoying and it's unnecessary.
Maybe I've been unlucky with the players, sure, but they essentially used the place for its purpose. The place doesn't have a way to go down easily, only up, it's essentially inviting you to sky base and stay up there to slow down the gameplay and shoot players off while making yourself hardly accessible.
"I don't think this spot is that bad it should be removed" care to expand this idea? If you don't want it removed because you like the spot, I respect that, but if you don't want it removed for another reason at least say it so I can agree/disagree with you.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I agree with you and there are also other maps with this kind of problem (like Paris). I always try to avoid these maps. It’s really annoying when someone is up there and you can’t come because they throw eggs or snowballs.

Reactions: Oreo♥️

xXTimtouXx

Apr 23, 2017
België
If you break under that person's own pillar and build up under them, they have barely any angle to shoot you, maybe other players have a chance to shoot you but that also could apply to Bird House? Someone could just come behind you while you're breaking up and hit you. Plus, if you cover yourself with blocks while building to a sky baser they can't shoot you off either, that doesn't mean it's allowed, does it? (the map essentially gives you a covered place to build up. It's still tedious and makes the game much slower and it's essentially the same as a sky base just that way more overpowered.) Also, when you're building up there's a glass part, it's very likely they can see you and burn you with lava.

I am not trying to solve sky bases on every map, I told you. I am trying to solve the problem with a massive structure that essentially is a sky base but pre-built by the server itself. It's annoying and it's unnecessary.
Maybe I've been unlucky with the players, sure, but they essentially used the place for its purpose. The place doesn't have a way to go down easily, only up, it's essentially inviting you to sky base and stay up there to slow down the gameplay and shoot players off while making yourself hardly accessible.
"I don't think this spot is that bad it should be removed" care to expand this idea? If you don't want it removed because you like the spot, I respect that, but if you don't want it removed for another reason at least say it so I can agree/disagree with you.
No there is no other reason it's just that I haven't had any problems with the structure.
And why I don't think it should be removed as said in my previous post is that I can think of so many other maps that have the same tall structure, bunch of chests, etc... Maybe this structure is slightly worse, but it's still almost the same as most other maps.

cubecraft_bot

Jul 9, 2016
Russia
I kinda agree with that. Birdhouse one of best maps for me, but this map more slower than other ones, because of skybase camping. But i can deal with it

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I have to agree with you, because I don’t like this huge sink(or whatever it’s meant to be) structure.
I’m always having troubles while playing in the middle of this map, because this thing is too huge, and too large.
By the way, because it’s so large, people like to hide in it, hence you have to search for them IN the building which is really annoying.

Reactions: Oreo♥️

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I don't think it should be changed, birdhouse is a map that has been here for years, without changing the mid. I've played this map a lot and so far haven't came across someone who is camping on this map. Plus I wouldn't have any issues with going up to get thim if necessary.

Reactions: xXTimtouXx
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Top Bottom