Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

hurt

Oct 20, 2013
/dev/null
I thought of a useful plugin for the server: A better chat system. I'll put the specifics later in this post, but it would essentially allow you to create a mini-chat network. It would be similar to mass- /tell, but wouldn't need multiple executions of commands or for people to be told (they could just join.) It would allow:
  • Non-Obtrusive RolePlays on creative; thus attracting more players without a need for annoying chat spam.
  • Non-Obtrusive advertising (in a sort of always-on chat network.) That would allow players to tune in for info
  • Groups of players to have private conversations; using real names, discussing what they're doing without a bunch of stuff between, etc.
How it Works
/chat
The basic command. When executed like this, it will say the name and owner of the chat you're using
/chat create <Public|Private> [Channel Name]
Creates a chat channel. Public means anyone can join, private is moderated (you need to be allowed in.) The name represents what you type in below to join or what is said above. If none given, it just uses your username
/chat join <Channel Name>
To join a chat by channel name. Sends a request if moderated.
/chat add <Username>
Adds a person to chat (send an invite)
/chat [accept|deny]
If someone tries to join a private chat, this will decide if they are allowed in. If someone tries to add you to a chat, this decides if you are added
/chat leave
Leave the chat. Goes back to the primary chat.
/chat kick <Username>
Kicks someone. If public, the can rejoin. If private, they must request.

One chat line per player. PMs can go in and out normally. Server-wide custom chat lines include Advertising, Staff Service, and News.

ModernRevolution

Dedicated Member
Oct 23, 2013
ςяαzу ℓαи∂
I concurr with thee. I was trying to lead a stone vs donator army, and I had to message everyone our plan, there was like 30 of us vs 2 donators. It took forever for every1 to know the plan, and when we were ready they all left. You could have to invite someone for them to join, otherwise the enemy could just join.

Only_okay

Nov 23, 2013
I concurr with thee. I was trying to lead a stone vs donator army, and I had to message everyone our plan, there was like 30 of us vs 2 donators. It took forever for every1 to know the plan, and when we were ready they all left. You could have to invite someone for them to join, otherwise the enemy could just join.

That is exactly what his /chat add would be for. In this plugin there should also be a /chat save to save big groups of people and /chat list so you can see what chats you can join. Only problem is that someone has to make this plugin as it's mostly custom coded plugins on this server. If this goes as a big project it could take weeks for the owners to code it and implant it. Are you any good at coding Minecraft plugins @hppavilion1 ?

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
Only kids would leave the server because there is a good way of chatting with people.
Guess who plays Minecraft? (Mostly.) And it is hard to get used to a something new. By the way, take a look at TabbyChat mod. Also you could use Skype chat.

LaserDolphin77

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
Let the owners decide, it sounds like a good idea, but with a lot of other things going on, this may not even be started coding by February I'm guessing. It took about two months to finally implement /mute :P

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom