Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Advay

Jun 26, 2016
Ok, I completly understand that voting is one of the main reasons for people wanting to donate. However I believe that it is unfair that unless you have a donator in your game, you have no chance of getting a different gamemode, for example hard mode in minerware, or overpowered items in Eggwars. So I have three ideas to combat this. One is a random vote, this means that if no donator votes one random vote will be placed by a bot, hence a chance for a gamemode unvoted for. Idea two is a community vote, hence if no donator votes then everyone else will be given oppurtunity to vote and the highest wins. Third and final is to vote using points, this makes sense as many players who play often sit around with 20000 + points just sitting in their account, and this would give them something to do with that. Perhaps a mix of these would allow for a much better gameplay experience ( hence encouraging more players to vote so money for the server )

Edit:
Ok so after some debate a draft of the best option would be to make it such that stone ranked players can vote 3 times a day using points that go up as they vote more ( e.g. 500 , 1000 , 2000 ). As mentioned by TheBrownster this would also promote the sale of point multiplyers. Furthermore I personally believe that you can make it that one vote can also be gained through voting once a day for the server, further boosting its ranking and increasing player count. These changes would boost experience of players, hence increasing server count, therefore more fun for all. Furthermore the encouragment of point multiplyers and such would have a positive impact on the finances of the server, and more happy players surely also = more donator ranks purchased. :)

Last edited:

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I would say option 1, if there are no ranks that vote there will be selected a random option. Although, I am not sure if other players would like, I think there a players who just want the normal options. I don't think that option 2 is a good thing, because when would other players be able to vote? I mean, how do you know non of the rank players will vote, to know that you have to wait till the last second. But then other players wouldn't be able to vote anymore. Also option 3 could be a cool option, but then they should make it really expensive. Because if other players are able to vote too much, the value of the ranks will decrease.

Advay

Jun 26, 2016
I would say option 1, if there are no ranks that vote there will be selected a random option. Although, I am not sure if other players would like, I think there a players who just want the normal options. I don't think that option 2 is a good thing, because when would other players be able to vote? I mean, how do you know non of the rank players will vote, to know that you have to wait till the last second. But then other players wouldn't be able to vote anymore. Also option 3 could be a cool option, but then they should make it really expensive. Because if other players are able to vote too much, the value of the ranks will decrease.
Perhaps an ammendment to option 2 would be that on the basis of no donators voting in the game, an additional 10 seconds will be given in a quick poll to see. I personally hope that they will implement at least a mix of these options ( maybe players pay for a vote if no donators vote or something similar )

Yes they should make it expensive but not unreachable. I would say a reasonable amount is cost of two wins , roughly 40 points in eggwars for example as this would make it something special that people wont spam too much.

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

Joggg

Novice Member
Nov 24, 2016
The Netherlands, Brabant Jonguh!
Option 1, I think if it gets added it should be in the bottem left or right as a paper saying "&aRandom Vote" in the chest GUI. I like the idea, short information and really clear to me :)

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
One is a random vote, this means that if no donator votes one random vote will be placed by a bot, hence a chance for a gamemode unvoted for.
I am not fan of this, I don't think too many other players will be either. From what I have seen, a large portion of players don't like playing hardcore or higher health (double/triple) games and will leave when that is voted. With random voting, this will lead to quite a few games where players don't like the voting outcome and will leave. I also know that many stone ranked players enjoy it when they can find games without any ranks in them since they prefer playing normal normal. Having randomized voting when no ranks are around will make it harder for other players to enjoy the mode they like.

Idea two is a community vote, hence if no donator votes then everyone else will be given oppurtunity to vote and the highest wins.
This almost promotes players to not buy a rank. If less people buy ranks, then that means there is a higher chance of getting in a game without any ranks meaning that stone ranked players are able to vote. So this is kind of counterproductive for the server to do.

Third and final is to vote using points, this makes sense as many players who play often sit around with 20000 + points just sitting in their account, and this would give them something to do with that.
Yes they should make it expensive but not unreachable. I would say a reasonable amount is cost of two wins , roughly 40 points in eggwars for example as this would make it something special that people wont spam too much.
This has been suggested a few times throughout the years, and I also don't support it. It is too easy to gain points and really would devalue the donation ranks. Many players have hundreds of thousands of points. I personally have 300k points, and I know that is on the lower side (some have well over one million points). Along with point multipliers, games would be spammed with votes. If this were to be implemented, the absolute minimum cost for a vote should be 1000 points, but I would still push for it to be 5000 points per.

The vast majority of players purchased a rank so they can vote in games, so adding a way for stone players to vote would provide less incentive for people to purchase ranks along with angering those who have already purchased a rank. I think we should just leave it as a donator only perk.

Advay

Jun 26, 2016
I am not fan of this, I don't think too many other players will be either. From what I have seen, a large portion of players don't like playing hardcore or higher health (double/triple) games and will leave when that is voted. With random voting, this will lead to quite a few games where players don't like the voting outcome and will leave. I also know that many stone ranked players enjoy it when they can find games without any ranks in them since they prefer playing normal normal. Having randomized voting when no ranks are around will make it harder for other players to enjoy the mode they like.

This almost promotes players to not buy a rank. If less people buy ranks, then that means there is a higher chance of getting in a game without any ranks meaning that stone ranked players are able to vote. So this is kind of counterproductive for the server to do.

This has been suggested a few times throughout the years, and I also don't support it. It is too easy to gain points and really would devalue the donation ranks. Many players have hundreds of thousands of points. I personally have 300k points, and I know that is on the lower side (some have well over one million points). Along with point multipliers, games would be spammed with votes. If this were to be implemented, the absolute minimum cost for a vote should be 1000 points, but I would still push for it to be 5000 points per.

The vast majority of players purchased a rank so they can vote in games, so adding a way for stone players to vote would provide less incentive for people to purchase ranks along with angering those who have already purchased a rank. I think we should just leave it as a donator only perk.
I see you represent the view of the server ( highly focused on donators and their ranks/perks ) which is perfectly understandable as donators keep the server alive. However, I think we should focus more on making everyones experience as good as possible ( including donators ), your points about 1 and 2 may be valid, however, I would like to emphasise the value of option 3. I also see your point about many players having lots of points, however we could get around it by saying that you can only vote, say 3 times a day if you are stone. Furthermore you could make it that along with paying the 1000 you have to vote for the server that day or something like this. This should be acceptable to the server, as then non ranked players would only be able to vote few times a day and would vote tones, hence vastly boosting the servers reputation. What do you think about this?

You could even make the price go up exponentially the more times you vote in a day. For example the first vote costs 1000, second 10000, third 100000, etc etc, therefore vastly discouraging people from voting too much and letting players who as you said have vast amounts of points actually have something fun to spend them on ( aside from kits / abilities )

Reactions: TheBrownster

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
say 3 times a day if you are stone. Furthermore you could make it that along with paying the 1000 you have to vote for the server that day or something like this. This should be acceptable to the server, as then non ranked players would only be able to vote few times a day and would vote tones, hence vastly boosting the servers reputation. What do you think about this?
You could even make the price go up exponentially the more times you vote in a day. For example the first vote costs 1000, second 10000, third 100000, etc etc, therefore vastly discouraging people from voting too much and letting players who as you said have vast amounts of points actually have something fun to spend them on ( aside from kits / abilities )
I think those would be pretty good compromises if combined. So stone ranked players can vote up to 3 times per day, costing maybe 5000, 10000, 20000 (doubling). Would also indirectly promote the sale of point multipliers since points maybe more of a use now (as you mentioned).

Advay

Jun 26, 2016
I think those would be pretty good compromises if combined. So stone ranked players can vote up to 3 times per day, costing maybe 5000, 10000, 20000 (doubling). Would also indirectly promote the sale of point multipliers since points maybe more of a use now (as you mentioned).
@TheBrownster see edited post, is this agreeable?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
Top Bottom