Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
So i recently made a suggestion thread to nerf/remove autobows, the reason behind it, is that the autobow is pretty overpowered, and there is no effective counter against it.

For example: If someone starts shooting at you with an autobow, you have ... things to do to chose of
1. Pull out a shield, the good thing is that it completely denies the knockback and damage from every projectile weapon, bad thing: you have to right click for it. Now this might not seem like a big deal, but most people dont have their shields out the whole time, and even if they do, on a bridge, it's one shot and its over. I don't see alot of people with a shield, so i don't see the shield as an effective counter, since pretty much no one thinks of getting a shield.
2. Placing blocks, This is a pretty good counter, ONCE you have built the blocks. To be a effective counter, the wall has to be atlest 2 blocks wide and 3 blocks high. With 2 blocks high you can shoot the top of the head, and with 1 block wide, you can hit the shoulders. Placing these blocks takes time, and since you get knocked around like the constant fire from the bow, building a effective wall probably isn't as easy as it sounds like. Also you can't place blocks infront of you, when you are on a 1 block wide bridge.
3. Popping a shield wand. I'll admit, this is a good counter, from long range and falling of the map, but from close range, the shooter will probably end up in the shield with you and will still be able to shoot you.
(If you have a counter i missed, be sure to tell me in the reactions)

Basicly, what i want, is an item specificly meant to counter the auto-bow. An idea i head in mind, is an automatic wall wand. This item will just place a wall on the block in front of you, where you are facing. My recommended size for the wall is 5x5, but the size could be changed. The wall will also be placed, if there is no block infront of you, what i mean, is that if you are on a 1 block wide bridge, the wall will still place, even tho it'll be basicly placed in the air. This wall will be effective from short and long range, and the only flaw with it, is if you are falling because of the bow, but to be fair, if item 1 can completely counter item 2 in any way possible, you should just basicly remove item number 2, since it's completely worthless then.

If you disagree with me, wether you have a better counter idea for it, or don't want a counter at all, feel free to suggest/tell it in the reactions of this thread.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
No offense, but if someone still can't deal with an automatic bow with all 3 viable counters you mentioned, I'd hardly think they'll do better with a wand that places a wall for them.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
The auto bow isn't op..
The whole point of lucky islands is its about luck, no matter what, you can win. if your in iron armour and they has full diamond u can still win whether it be by poison pot, damage pot, a wand, a kb sword, or, in fact an auto bow, anything. its what I like about lucky and taking luck or the ability to win even if the odds are against u would ruin it.

hamelech2007

May 11, 2020
Israel
Thats almost the same as shield but instead of holding you press it once....? What happens if you leave the wall and he keeps shooting you? The wand has cooldown.... I'd say that the 3 methods are enough to counter it, besides, you need a lot of arrows in order to use the Automatic Bow and the bow has quite a large cooldown so I don't think its that op.... Anyways, I don't see the point of it? Adding an item just to counter 1 item? :\

Reactions: Matriox

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
The whole point of lucky islands is its about luck, no matter what, you can win. if your in iron armour and they has full diamond u can still win whether it be by poison pot, damage pot, a wand, a kb sword, or, in fact an auto bow, anything. its what I like about lucky and taking luck or the ability to win even if the odds are against u would ruin it.
Oh come on, that is nonsense, if the game was all about luck, they'd remove the pvp factor in it, right? And also, yes, the autobow IS op, you can shoot like 15 arrows in rapid fire after eachother, shields break and need fast reaction time, placing blocks go to slow and shield wand clutch, someone can tnt your shield and you still fall. The autobow ruins the game, because having the bow and knowing how to use it even a little bit is a pretty much guarantied win, and people with full diamond armor most of the times, killed people for it, and actually did something in the game, and then a level 5 steve could swoop in and auto bow you off the map with 0 kills and win. It's not all about luck, if it was, they'd remove the pvp factor in it.

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
Oh come on, that is nonsense, if the game was all about luck, they'd remove the pvp factor in it, right? And also, yes, the autobow IS op, you can shoot like 15 arrows in rapid fire after eachother, shields break and need fast reaction time, placing blocks go to slow and shield wand clutch, someone can tnt your shield and you still fall. The autobow ruins the game, because having the bow and knowing how to use it even a little bit is a pretty much guarantied win, and people with full diamond armor most of the times, killed people for it, and actually did something in the game, and then a level 5 steve could swoop in and auto bow you off the map with 0 kills and win. It's not all about luck, if it was, they'd remove the pvp factor in it.
Sorry for being a little harsh, but hopefully you get my frustration now.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Lucky islands isn't just about pvp it's about being smart with ur wands and bows if u want just pvp find another game

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
Lucky islands isn't just about pvp it's about being smart with ur wands and bows if u want just pvp find another game
It’s about being smart with the stuff you have, okay, but with the auto-bow, you don’t have to be smart, just click your right mouse button and you win the fight, it’s that easy.

hamelech2007

May 11, 2020
Israel
It’s about being smart with the stuff you have, okay, but with the auto-bow, you don’t have to be smart, just click your right mouse button and you win the fight, it’s that easy.
Well as said before, auto bows aren't that OP... No one else is complaining about them (not even one :agree: reaction)...It has long cooldown durations and take LOTS of arrows to use. Lucky Islands is about luck.... Its in the name.... I don't see a reason to add an item just to counter another.

Reactions: Matriox

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
it's kinda true that if you get automatic bow and villagers with arrows you win with 99.999% chance. But it's still not a so big deal, auto-shield would be boring, right now you need to have time to react to survive, and it makes it more skill based.
Maybe it'd be better to make so it gives less damage, but I don't think it's so necessary.
P.S. Next time I advise you to say what mode you're talking about, because people can get confused here.

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
Well as said before, auto bows aren't that OP... No one else is complaining about them (not even one :agree: reaction)...It has long cooldown durations and take LOTS of arrows to use. Lucky Islands is about luck.... Its in the name.... I don't see a reason to add an item just to counter another.
The knockback is like, insane, you basicly get yeeted to another planet

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
I find if I strafe there's really no problem I can't get away easily and just fight the person when it's not charged
good luck strafing on a 1 block wide bridge, you’ll get hit atleast once, and fall

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
good luck strafing on a 1 block wide bridge, you’ll get hit atleast once, and fall
Pearls, shield wand, elytra and grappling bow all of which can help you in this situation, they all come with luck and might I add that the auto bow also only comes with great luck

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
Pearls, shield wand, elytra and grappling bow all of which can help you in this situation, they all come with luck and might I add that the auto bow also only comes with great luck
Why is your argument always the game is all about luck, it’s not, if it was, they’d remove the pvp factor.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Why is your argument always the game is all about luck, it’s not, if it was, they’d remove the pvp factor.
If u don't like the luck about it then don't play it, this game is about luck and pvp. You can open blocks and it's just luck about what u get, so it is in fact about both luck and pvp it's the whole model of the game

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
If u don't like the luck about it then don't play it, this game is about luck and pvp. You can open blocks and it's just luck about what u get, so it is in fact about both luck and pvp it's the whole model of the game
Well with having an autobow, none of those 2 come to a play, once you have an autobow, the only thing you need to win the game is a right mouse button on your mouse.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom